anemoia (#words)

WtW's resident "the cool cousin you see once a year, but the conversation you guys were having a long time ago picks up where it left off without missing a beat" (rosi)

Child of God
logophile
athletic nerd

Female
Soph.

edited
republishing because i just published a piece on setting for this story; see "today wouldn't look out of place two hundred years ago" which details a little worldbuilding... still not clear on everything for this story. it's still a long way from anything happening.

The Kind of Person...

Miss Alencia Clove Fulbrook is the kind of girl whose mouth and thoughts work faster than her body.

Mr. Nicholas Leonardo Hadsworth is the kind of gentleman who doesn't hesitate to crack a joke, flirt, or attempt to charm a lady, but would never overstep the bounds of polite society without his heart and soul committed to the lady.

Miss Caroline Penelope Wolhurst is the kind of girl whose body works faster than her mouth and thoughts—and occasionally, works more effectively.

Mr. Esau Caldegrove is the kind of gentleman who makes every female within twenty years of his age swoon and stutter, who makes every gentleman within twenty years jealous, and who can just as easily locate your carotid artery with a knife as ask you to dance the reel as shoot you in your sleep—all with a funeral-like solemnity, formality and observance of decorum.

Lady Dahlia Jane Bidderston is the kind of lady who would have to kill you if you discovered her real name and is the typical rich, haughty, beautiful girl we love to hate.

Mrs. Theodora Rotington is the kind of matron who would like to give you a plate of biscuits and a few cups of tea, but not before cheerily teaching you how to poison them—using her set of china specifically designated for eliminations.

Mr. Edward Asa McGuinn is the kind of gentleman around whom you can never be too careful.

3.24.21: Just published a piece related to this on setting.

A single sentence for each of my main/secondary characters that I know of. They may be shifted around and changed, but this is what I have so far. I had written quite a bit (over 16,800 words) on this novel before changing a ton of world building stuff. So it's back to a very preliminary stage. Mostly world building and character development.
ALSO: I DISCOVERED MY GENRE! It's gaslamp fantasy, a subgenre of steampunk. Basically, it's a historical fiction and fantasy mashup. The fact that there is a real genre for my book is super exciting!

• dee’s abditory

hey, i hate to self-promote on this wonderful piece, but i just finished the piece you requested! i hope it helps, and i hope your situation gets better. Thanks for the suggestion!!

• dee’s abditory

re: you are 100% right, i'll try to work on a piece about helping that friend out but also not letting them drag you down

• Ava Marie

Re: It is.
    Also, these characters sound very intriguing. Is there a story to go along with them?

• SamRose

Re: Haha thank you!

Wow! How intriguing.

• Ramses IV

re: Thank you so much :)