anemoia (#words)

WtW's resident "the cool cousin you see once a year, but the conversation you guys were having a long time ago picks up where it left off without missing a beat" (says rosi willard)

Child of God
logophile
volleyballer

Female

looking through my portfolio and finding all these old writings... you may be seeing a lot of old pieces for a while ;)
listening to: brooks & dunn's greatest hits collection, evermore, "love story (taylor's version)" or sleeping at last
reading: anna karenina
doing: sitting in the car for the next 6 hours on the way home

The Kind of Person...

Miss Alencia Clove Fulbrook is the kind of girl who would deliberately bestow a baroness-level curtsy on a duchess in order to spark political tension and advance an agenda, while wearing an outrageously feathered hat to provoke further offense and doling out barbed remarks behind a lovely smile.

Mr. Nicholas Leonardo Hadsworth is the kind of gentleman who doesn't hesitate to crack a joke, flirt, or attempt to charm a lady, but would never overstep the bounds of polite society without his heart and soul committed to the lady.

Miss Caroline Penelope Wolhurst is the kind of girl who would lie about her age and her social standing to follow a plan, then abandon the plan and charge into action, probably in men's clothing and wielding an iron rod while darting about randomly and confusing everyone, including her allies.

Mr. Esau Caldegrove is the kind of gentleman who makes every female within twenty years of his age swoon and stutter, who makes every gentleman within twenty years jealous, and who can just as easily locate your carotid artery with a knife as ask you to dance the reel as shoot you in your sleep—all with a funeral-like solemnity, formality and observance of decorum.

Lady Dahlia Jane Bidderston is the kind of lady who would have to kill you (preferably with an engraved silver pistol she keeps in her hat or a nice poison) if you discovered her real name, is far too experienced in charming the opposite sex for her age, and is the typical rich, haughty, beautiful girl we love to hate.

Mrs. Theodora Rotington is the kind of matron who would like to give you a plate of biscuits and a few cups of tea, but not before cheerily teaching you how to poison them—using her set of china specifically designated for eliminations.

Mr. Edward Asa McGuinn is the kind of gentleman around whom you can never be too careful.

A single sentence for each of my main/secondary characters that I know of. They may be shifted around and changed, but this is what I have so far. I had written quite a bit (over 16,800 words) on this novel before changing a ton of world building stuff. So it's back to a very preliminary stage. Mostly world building and character development.
ALSO: I DISCOVERED MY GENRE! It's gaslamp fantasy, a subgenre of steampunk. Basically, it's a historical fiction and fantasy mashup. The fact that there is a real genre for my book is super exciting!

• Tushar Mandhan

sounds interesting. historic dramas are amazing....and classics.

i actually think some of this will change. actually, i may be changing my protagonist and narrator. idk yet.