anemoia (#words)

WtW's resident "the cool cousin you see once a year, but the conversation you guys were having a long time ago picks up where it left off without missing a beat" (says rosi willard)

Child of God
logophile
volleyballer

Female

thanks for the 40 followers! you people are wonderful. life is good (if you choose to see it that way.)

The Kind of Person...

Miss Alencia Clove Fulbrook is the kind of girl who would deliberately bestow a baroness-level curtsy on a duchess in order to spark political tension and advance an agenda, while wearing an outrageously feathered hat to provoke further offense and doling out barbed remarks behind a lovely smile.

Mr. Nicholas Leonardo Hadsworth is the kind of gentleman who doesn't hesitate to crack a joke, flirt, or attempt to charm a lady, but would never overstep the bounds of polite society without his heart and soul committed to the lady.

Miss Caroline Penelope Wolhurst is the kind of girl who would lie about her age and her social standing to follow a plan, then abandon the plan and charge into action, probably in men's clothing and wielding an iron rod while darting about randomly and confusing everyone, including her allies.

Mr. Esau Caldegrove is the kind of gentleman who makes every female within twenty years of his age swoon and stutter, who makes every gentleman withing twenty years jealous, and who can just as easily locate your carotid artery with a knife as ask you to dance the reel as shoot you in your sleep—all with a funeral-like solemnity, formality and observance of decorum.

Lady Dahlia Jane Bidderston is the kind of lady who would have to kill you (preferably with an engraved silver pistol she keeps in her hat or a nice poison) if you discovered her real name, is far too experienced in charming the opposite sex for her age, and is the typical rich, haughty, beautiful girl we love to hate.

Mrs. Theodora Rotington is the kind of matron who would like to give you a plate of biscuits and a few cups of tea, but not before cheerily teaching you how to poison them—using her set of china specifically designated for eliminations.

Mr. Edward Asa McGuinn is the kind of gentleman around whom you can never be too careful.

A single sentence for each of my main/secondary characters that I know of. They may be shifted around and changed, but this is what I have so far. I had written quite a bit (over 16,800 words) on this novel before changing a ton of world building stuff. So it's back to a very preliminary stage. Mostly world building and character development.
ALSO: I DISCOVERED MY GENRE! It's gaslamp fantasy, a subgenre of steampunk. Basically, it's a historical fiction and fantasy mashup. The fact that there is a real genre for my book is super exciting!

• JustAnotherDarling

Re: OHMYGOODNESS that website is a treasure trove!! AND YOU STARTED S&S?! I'm so thrilled! If you decide to read on, omg please come gossip about it with me :D (I mean - go do homework!!)
    hope you're having a lovely day <3

I love these characters! It's giving me more of a sneak peek into your work...I really want to read your book. That is so cool that you have a genre (I am a steampunk fan, so it's nice that it's similar to that).

re: that type of genre sounds so cool! That's one reason i love this website...so many writers with so many ideas and genres are all mixed and so so creative! I hope to read the whole story sometime!

Oh wow this is so cool! This reminds me of agatha christie summing up her characters before the murder. Which would be really cool to read with these characters btw ;) haha murder mysteries must be so hard to write

• JustAnotherDarling

okay bUT THESE NAMES! (you already know I'm in love with Mr. Esau Calegrove) And oh my - I'm need to start reading your novel because this genre sounds amazing! (It reminds me of my favorite series: Storm and Silence, by Rob Thier...take a look if you're interested?) (it's free on Wattpad - if you have that)
    Re: I LOVE THAT YOU HAVE A FAVORITE-WORD LIST! (now I want one :) and time indeed has been strange.... my sister has begun reading the series though, so I'm living vivaciously through her (though, I can't seem to stop accidentally spilling spoilers!)

• RemovedUser1

Also, I love that your bio says “My life is about God, not me.” That is SO TRUE! I don’t understand why so many Christians think Christianity and God is something on the side... It’s my everything! I think we can be good friends, XD.

• RemovedUser1

*suddenly REALLY REALLY wants to be Mrs. Rotington’s pupil* This is AMAZING!!! I want to read this boooooooooook!!! Please, please, PLEASE post it on here! Ugh, if your book is as good as this, I think I may have found my new favorite genre to READ!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!