EliathRose

~Elizabeth~
~She/Her~
~Christian~
~LGBTQ+~

~Please ignore the message in the footnotes, it's from a while back~

Just because the numbers are dropping, just because mask mandates are lifting, just because vaccines are being rolled out does not make this pandemic over. Please, continue to be vigilant. I feel like I bring this piece back whenever I have a run-in with problems with masks, and I cannot believe that I had yet another one today. We're on the home stretch now. We can make it.

(Note: I know that there are some countries that have safely opened up; I am not directing any of this towards those places. But I also know that there are many places that have opened up that maybe shouldn't have as well. Please just use proper judgement.)

please. wear. a. mask. | IT'S NOT OVER YET

40
it’s not that difficult. 
i can’t exercise in it!!
your body will get used to it, trust me. 
it’s uncomfortable!
coronavirus is more uncomfortable than the mask, i can assure you. 
i’m young; it’s unlikely that i’ll die. 
other people aren’t as young. and some have high risk people at home. 
it’s ugly. 
you’d rather have a pandemic go on for a longer amount of time just because you couldn’t sacrifice fashion?????
it makes my nose/ears/lips/etc. hurt. 
yeah. you know the amount of people who wear masks daily because of their job and don’t complain about it? stop being weak. 
it makes me claustrophobic. 
me too, but i’m not going to die because of it. 
i have breathing issues. 
in that case, you probably shouldn’t even be outside, exposing yourself to the virus. 
it’s a mind-controlling device! you’re a sheep who has fallen for the lies!
i’d rather be a mind-controlled sheep than sick with a deadly virus, but we all have our priorities. 
moral of the story: wearing masks are NOT JUST FOR YOUR SAFETY, but also for the safety and well-being of others. not wearing them is a selfish move. there is no excuse. 
~alright now back to my little hobbit hole~
no, i'm not back, but i just wanted to remind everyone that safety is still important.

• Minvra

Oh, and nowadays the strains are kinda getting a bit dangerous for everyone so yeah. I absolutely agree with this. Maybe you can add another argument like, "but we have vaccines". I think it's even more important than before to be careful because if the virus mutates more where it's resistant to the vaccines, well yeah.

• Khadeejah bint Malik

Exactly!!! Well said wonderfully!!! I'm glad that there are still people who care enough to wear mask for the safety of everyone. I can't believe the number of people who refuses to wear it knowing the danger they might spread. Stay safe y'all, we will remain patient till God will give us the way.
    Best,
    Khadeejah

• Mespotz

RE: But here's the thing; I totally agree with you. Sherlock interacts with people on an intellectual level, and he likes that interaction. But then, if, according to your theory, Irene and Sherlock were merely fascinated by each other, why did he save her in Karachi, Pakistan? And the entire conversation between Mycroft and John at the end, where they were blatantly hinting that Sherlock was in love with Irene and to not tell Sherlock she was dead because he might get heartbroken, would Mycroft, John, or more importantly, what the show was trying to tell viewers, be wrong? If Sherlock ended up saving Irene, it wasn't for a friendship. He'd barely known her a week, and their "friendship" during that week wasn't platonic at all. It was almost as if the show agreed that Sherlock and Irene loved each other, but made it so that Irene wasn't given more time in other episodes, so Sherlock could have a complicated love story and to make the story more 'interesting', than for Sherlock to actually have a straightforward and completely requited love story but there's no drama with Molly or anything. Also John was very clearly "third-wheeling" in the entire The Scandal in Belgravia episode. He was that uncomfortable friend, like when Sherlock said(I'm probably paraphrasing); "You're not so bad." and Irene replied; "Not too bad yourself." And then John started coughing and suggested Hamish as a name if they were thinking up baby names. I agree that John's relationship with Mary wasn't perfect, seeing as she ended up becoming an assassin, but their relationship ended literally just when John figured that out. John's main problem in life is that he doesn't have any grounded and stable people to rely on, so his life is generally unhappy. I agree that Sherlock and John may balance each other off, but that's more as friends. John can't really understand how Sherlock thinks, whereas Irene knows it. If Sherlock got stuck in his mind palace, John can't get him out of it, but I bet Irene could. And Sherlock and Irene as friends doesn't really make sense, whereas John and Sherlock balance each other out, but not romantically. Just in more of a "friend" kind of way(if that makes sense).

• Mespotz

RE: Okay so I get it; John and Sherlock know each other pretty well. They do have a bit of chemistry, and I can see how people would ship them. But I think part of the reason why Irene and Sherlock's relationship wasn't very genuine was because it wasn't really ALLOWED to be genuine. If Irene had lasted in a few more episodes, Sherlock and Irene would have been able to expand on who they are as people, and have their relationship be less short and flirty, rather than long, wholesome and honest. And I think that even though Irene seems sort of shallow on the outside, the real Irene was the one at the end of the episode, when Sherlock discovered the password. She can care for other people, and she can care a lot. She just hasn't been given the chance. But relationships usually are pretty steady; and here's the thing. John is less eccentric. John is stable, hard-working and grounded. So his ideal person(someone like Mary) would have to be suited and somewhat relatable to that sort of lifestyle, whereas Sherlock is eccentric, strange and has a lot of things going on in his head at once. He's less of the realist, or more accurately, so much of a realist that he's not a realist at all. John rarely understands how Sherlock thinks, even by the end of the show, whereas Irene could grasp his thought process by the end of around a week, or a few days. She knew who he was, what he didn't like, what he wanted, and his general outlook on everything in his life. That's because Irene and Sherlock are two people with the same sort of personality, so she can understand him better than others could. John has a more realistic personality, so he can understand and maintain something with people like Mary, more. Idrk, but that's just my thought process explained lol. I agree, there can be a lot of combinations made with characters, and different people'll see different things.

• Mespotz

RE: My favorite episodes would probably either be The Scandal in Belgravia, the Sign of Three or the Final Problem, but I agree that both of those were really good episodes; I especially liked The Abdominable Bride, but it was a little confusing lol I definitely would need to rewatch that.
    But why Johnlock? John's the obvious third wheel between Irene and Sherlock(this is going to be an interesting argument). There's no chemistry.

• Mespotz

Yessss I feel like I want to do a review on this but I wouldn't have anything negative to say so the review wouldn't be approved by a manager. It would just be a lot of "I wish the world could see this."

RE: So are you a forbidden Johnlock shipper or was that Adlock shipping sarcasm? *thinks* I like your pfp too :) Looks like a very prim and well-organized lady, that's for sure! Also what's your favorite episode from Sherlock?

• bookmagic

Seriously, though, just wear a mask. It becomes easier. You must be one with the CO2, or whatever excuse karens are making now-a-days

• ChimChim_1

PEOPLE, it's NOT ROCKET SCIENCE, JUST WEAR A MASK XD

• wallflower

This is so true! Literally, everyone should see this. Re: Thank you so much for the sweet comment! It's mean so much <3

Re: Of course! Thanks for being open to it.
    And yes, it's so mind-boggling to think about all of it. *hands you your train of thought*

Re: Okay thanks. :)
    Well, that's a bit of a trick question XD. I'm pretty Pentecostal when it comes to talking about the Holy Spirit and healing and things of that sort, and I've had most if not all of my most life-changing experiences in that kind of setting. However, I disagree with a bit of the attitude (trying to find the right word there) in many Pentecostal churches that often seem to focus (in my humble opinion) a bit too much on feelings and people's experiences instead of having God as the main focus. So my family actually goes to a church that's technically Baptist (although a bit less austere [?] than I've heard other Baptist churches can be) and I agree with a lot of their theology and their attitude towards God. When I move away from home, I'll probably end up attending a good non-denominational church or a Pentecostal church that isn't quite as radical/encounter-based as others, but I'm not entirely sure what my plan is quite yet.

Re: Thank you for your comment. The whole thing was a huge misunderstanding on both sides. I didn't understand that he didn't want questions, and he didn't understand that I'm just really bad at phrasing things. I definitely don't hold any of this against him, and I hope you're right that he hasn't done so to me.
    P. S. I'm fairly certain there are people who hate me here lol (or at least have no respect for me) (I won't give names), but I've mostly made my peace with that. I probably shouldn't have brought it up at the end of my last comment; it seems whiny now.

So I feel like I have a confession of sorts to make (idk if that's the exact word I mean but it's close enough). I am the so-called "bible basher" afoot. I asked many questions about the LDS church out of curiosity. I have had several LDS friends and wanted to understand more thoroughly what they believe because I care about them. I assumed that my questions would be welcomed in the comments of an informational piece by someone I had thought was pretty accepting of other opinions. I will admit that I used a few verses of The Book of Mormon out of context without thinking about what I was doing, and I feel so stupid for doing that. It was wrong. However, it did not come from a place of malice, accusation, or shaming as he appears to have assumed, despite the fact that he knows fairly well that that's not the type of person I am (or so I thought?). And I did apologize profusely to him (he had me delete all of my comments). I deeply care for LDS people and wanted to educate myself. I guess it went badly. I just felt like I should tell you all this so you could have the opportunity to make your own opinion of the situation. (By the way, I hope you remember that my comment on the first publication of your piece about your denomination was purely interested and grateful.) You are not obligated to like me as a person after this. But if you decide to hate me for it, please don't come to my comments condemning me. I ask you to just keep it to yourself. I've already had enough trauma from people turning their backs on me on this site.

• Just_A_Memory

Yes!!!! Also, I admit I jumped a little when I first saw the pfp, but I agree that it's superb. A little freaky, but I got a good laugh xD

• nolongeractive

This is incredible :)

• beth r.

im kinda late but YES! i can't applaud you enough for this. also- we miss you around here! and the pic of everyone's favorite high functioning sociopath is just a complete and utter mood.

• LittleBody_BigHeart<3

exactly

• YW_D

Gmail

• YW_D

Hey you can just send me your views on my piece on my email.
    Paperclipzssz@Gmial.com.

• sci-Fi

THANK YOU! Echoing Madeline--I just don't get why people are so opposed to masks. So what if you heard they don't work? Just wear it and hey, maybe you'll save a few lives, idk.

• ~madeline~

I'm stilll don't understand why people don't wear masks. It's harmless to you, and it could save lives. Personally if I can save a life, I'm going to do it. So please y'all... Just wear your mask. It's not a hoax, people are dying. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Yes!! This is so IMPORTANT!!

luv u baby <3

• Abrianna

Oh and about this piece. Covid is what is used to scare people, fear controls people. And even Fauci said masks don't help.

• Abrianna

Re: Oh I'm being consistent. What does Detroit have to hide that they are covering windows? There have been countless ballots thrown out that were for Trump. It is covered up by the MSM. The left want to defund police, make police national so cops won't care. They are bringing in Socialism hard core.

• Abrianna

It's beyond obvious. Trump had MI and WI in the early morning hours, however while the world sleeps they find 141k ballots for Biden? Sure. Just watch the polls and you know that it's all a lie, zoom in on the counties they are red. It's what they want and they are getting it. Just as coward men stabbed Bevelyn Beatty today. It's sick. wrong. God help us.

• Wisp

OH MY GOSH YOU'RE !!!!! (Don't worry, I won't expose you)
    BUT DUDEEE, AHHHH, CAN I JUST SAY HOW BEAUTIFUL YOUR WRITING IS!? Like, I know you know since I comment on ALL your pieces, but I cannot express how much I love it. It's just so transcending and makes me feel special inside and YOUR WRITING IS FABULOUS!!!!
    Also, I'm glad you're doing well :)

yes yes yes ugh these ppl! masks. are. needed. <3

• Wisp

Love how you're bringing this back. Because it's even more relevant than before, I don't care what others think. You should still wear a mask.
    Also, I hope everything's well with you. Honestly, I was surprised a while back when I stumbled upon your account and saw that you left. Hope you're doing well and all.

• Kit-Kat Sully {Child of God}

Replying: Thanks for telling me. And I still don't know why she's permanently suspended, but I'll let you know if I hear more.

• Kit-Kat Sully {Child of God}

Hi, can I ask what you commented on the piece I wrote about Savanna? The piece got censored so I wasn't able to see it.

• Jasmine khawar

WhY dId yOu LeFt SudDeNly?

• Busssy.Beee

You posted again, even if it's just one little piece, at least you still remember us! I'm sad that you're not back, but it's okay. Thanks for the reminder too!! <3<3<3