Rohan’s Defender

15
[ChildOfGod]
BTS ARMY with a double bias <3
*joined in July 2020*

“Remember there is a person here in America, in the state of Kentucky, who understands you.”
-me (this is my own version of a quote by Jimin)

Hey everyone!

The Lost Letters of Panem (A Collab With Coolgirl2020); Letter 11

11
Dear Cinna,

I am in desperate need of some help. I was hoping to perhaps hear your thoughts, and maybe I will come to better understand my own. Here we are, merely hours away from the beginning of the Games, and I am in a pitiful state. I don’t know how I have let myself begin to bite my fingernails, but I have. And it seems my hands are barely steady enough to even apply my makeup in preparation for the party to be held in President Snow’s courtyard. But for some reason, I can not stop thinking about the dear children.
 I have been an escort for the District 12 tributes years. Enough years that I am confused why I have never felt this way before. All the other tributes that I have talked to, they have all died in years past. While it has been upsetting, I never really believed they had much of a chance at all. But Katniss and Peeta are different. 
 Why do I feel so terrible? I actually have some hope this year that I might have the luck of getting a victor, yet I still feel worse about everything than before! Those two truly are the best tributes I have ever had, and I have little doubt that because of them I will even be promoted to a better district next year. I have been wanting that for far too long. I should be ecstatic. But now I find myself almost tempted to not care. Instead of basking in the glory that Katniss and Peeta have extended to me, I have  a horrible feeling. I keep wondering what I am thinking, and what will I feel when they die? If they die?
 I even considered missing the President’s party. I feel almost too weak to walk. I simply do not understand it at all. 
 This is the absolute worst part: I actually started to think about.... what if the Games are not as celebratory as I believed? What if the Gamemakers are not being very fair to the poor children? Because in fact, they themselves did not partake in the rebellion 74 years ago. And finally, this hit me a few minutes ago: it does not seem very festive to have the children all kill each other, does it?
 What is wrong with me, Cinna? I have always done my best to show my complete loyalty to the Capital, as I once believed entirely was correct. But now I am questioning that. Why do I even have the audacity to doubt the President? 
 What are your thoughts on the matter? Maybe that can help me clear up my own thoughts. I am still uncertain about whether or not I will attend the party. It is really not an event to miss, or so I have heard. But if I continue to feel this way..... I am not sure yet.
 I hope our tributes know how much we care about them. Katniss and Peeta are extraordinary, after all. I only hope that one of them manages to find a way of escape. It would be positively dreadful to lose both of them. They are such shining diamonds that come from a place of coal, in a manner of speaking. You know what I mean anyway. 
 I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you for all your hard work. 

The best of wishes,
Effie Trinket 
Hey! This is Part 11. of the Lost Letters of Panem, my collab with Coolgirl2020! It’s based on the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins! Keep an eye out for Part 12 with Coolgirl! Have a great day!

• October 18, 2020 - 10:53am (Now Viewing)

• V-Rose

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!! Go, Effie! I love Effie so much because she is so kind and sweet and the only reason she thought any of that was okay was because she had been taught that.

• Rose A(hiatus)

This was really good! This will give me something to read while I wait for The Ballard of Songbirds and Snakes to stop being sold out. Fantastic job, I'm following you now!

• Bhavya's Treasure

Hello Eden!
    What has happened to Savanna? Her username has been changed to RemovedUser1...
    I was shocked! Also, in your feed, I saw a piece by Kit-Kat Sully about Savanna but that piece has been removed.
    Do you know what has happened?
    I'm feeling sorry for her...

I love this insight into Effie's character. It really deepens her apparently shallow personality...I also love how she comes to be disillusioned with the Capitol.
    Re: Thanks for your comment!

• RemovedUser1

Wow! All of a sudden Effie is on my list of favorite characters! I always thought of her as an airhead, but this makes me think higher of her. Great job, Eden!

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: Good luck! Tell me how it goes! :)

• books4life

awwwwww love :)

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: Aw, please tell Peeta thank you! And have you met Peeta's father yet? Gale and I bumped into him the other day and he was so pleasant...maybe you could talk to him?
    Also, lol, that's gonna change soon. When I finish a series, like my Eight People To Go series, I compile them into one or two pieces to make them more reader-friendly, so soon, I won't have a hundred anymore. XD

• Bhavya's Treasure

Re: THANK YOU Eden! <3

Re: Thank you and thank you! I like my vid for the comp alright, so I'm excited about that.

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: Thanks! Hazelle was pretty clear about us being too young to marry, but she was still super nice! <3

• Kit-Kat Sully {Child of God}

Replying: That's great! Thank you for asking!

It's fairly simple. If your book has any drawings/pictures, I would recommend you trace them on this app called "Krita" it's really helpful and makes it easier to transfer the illustrations to your book. I used "Word" to upload my book to kdp (kindle direct publishing a.k.a. Amazon's publishing site). The only thing I had trouble with was getting the correct "font" (I think that's what it's called). My mom and dad were a big help getting it published, and my dad actually found a "font" that fit correctly (I'm not sure if that made sense). But in short, all you have to do is go to kdp, and the site shows you what to do from there.

You can make your own cover, bio, etc. You can also choose whether you would like to have your book in a fiscal edition or a Kindle book, or you can do both. I am going to do a Kindle edition soon, but I did a paper-back first. Paper-back is one of the cheapest, so if you want people to buy it, I would recommend doing that.

You will only get a fraction of the money after Amazon takes their part. I'm selling my book for $6.99, and after Amazon takes their share, I get $2.04. Though it doesn't seem like much, it is if you consider that Amazon takes care of the bar-code, etc. Also, when someone buys your book online, you won't get the money till 66 days after their purchase; this is in case someone returns your book. You can buy author-copies of your book for only a small portion of what it would normally cost. I've done that, and it cost me $64 for 30 books. You are always able to see how many books you've sold, etc. on kdp. It's really helpful.

I think that's it. LMK how it turns out! :)
    Your friend,

- Kit-Kat Sully

• AccountA

Hi! Heres the next chapter for 45 minutes! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/196905/version/401195

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

I have written the next letter! <3

• Bhavya's Treasure

Re: That's great! I hope Zion is enjoying herself. :)

• katnissromanoff

I love this piece!!!

• Kit-Kat Sully {Child of God}

Great! <3

Chapter 18 of Traitors and Rebels!!

• Bhavya's Treasure

Re: Yay! Have a good time girl. :D
    How's Zi? With Prim?

oh wow this really develops effie's character change between the first and second games! This clearly shows her demeanor changing, tying it into the book a better! This is so good! My sis and I are currently having a HG movie marathon haha...one last movie to go!

• Bhavya's Treasure

Re: It's alright Eden. You've got so many dates with Peeta, it must be tiring. XDDD
    Oh wow! Does Haymitch writes? Let's see how he would through you. :)

Yeah, Effie and Haymitch... Cold forced friends in book one. ;)

Re: No problem, I rant too. I mean, did you see the length of my comments?! XD
    I see what you mean about Gale. Peeta was been devoted to Katniss for so long and is way more selfless.

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: Aw, that's too bad. Will tell you all about it! <3

Re: I am Team Peeta, and I'm not just saying that because you are. XD It's funny because the reasoning I have is actually from another book series I used to be really into about cats. (Warriors, I know. It's a little weird.) But I think Peeta is the right balance for Katniss. Gale is too much like her, too intense. He's the tall, dark, and handsome one, while Peeta's more of the "soft boy," and I'm a fan of that trope. Besides, opposites attract. Peeta is just... good. And different. And there's not nearly as much history between them, which is sometimes a good thing. I know friends-to-lovers trope is common and can work well, but it never felt right with Gale and Katniss. I liked how you put it in one of your letters, the one from Cinna, about Peeta and Katniss each being a different type of fire.

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: XD ADORABLE!!! YES, SHE IS!!!

Reply: Wow, yea very descriptive... F+Otter = F'Otter XD

Re: yep yep yep. also, denethor's lack of, well, a brain?! that was a creepy moment, ngl. and aragorn is pretty cool too. and treebeard. i haven't seen any of the hobbit movies because that whole ordeal confuses me, but i've read the book many times. i have to say, i might like the hobbit better than lotr. i mean, all those awesome dwarves. and "oh why, oh why, did i ever leave my hobbit-hole?"
    as for HG... also me. joanna is another character who interests me. she's not particularly likable, but she's admirable. and plutarch is amusing. haymitch is... haymitch. so yeah, every decent character and then some.

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: I'm great! Gale has agreed to take me to go meet Hazelle and I'm SO EXCITED!!! XD How are you and Peeta?

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

WOW!!!! AMAZING JOB! XD I don't know how I'm gonna get my letter even close to this level of awesomeness, but I'll try. Terrific twist! <3

I love this letter so much. Effie!
    Re: You're very welcome! I confess I've never actually read LOTR on paper, but I've listened to the audiobooks several times. But I learn best by reading, so I probably missed some details. If we're going by the books, Sam or maybe Merry or Pippin are my favorites, although Eowyn kicks butt. Sam is so dedicated and kind and loyal through everything. We all need a Sam. In the movies, well... Orlando Bloom plays Legolas, and that really says it all. XD
    In HG... ooh. Well, Peeta is amazing, and bread puns never get stale. (Sorry.) Prim breaks my heart in her innocence and wisdom and courage. Cinna is just brilliant, and I love all the fiery outfits he made and how he was on her side the whole time. And Rue, naturally. Buttercup is funny, and I think I'd be friends with him. I love cats. I also love seeing Finnick's true self.

• Bhavya's Treasure

Woooowwwww! Effie... Such a clever idea.
    Her conscience is pricking her ingrained ideologies, she has started seeing that darkness in which people of Districts are living since last 74 years.
    Very well done, you captured her personality to a great extent.

And Yessss.... 'They are such shining diamonds that come from a place of coal' So beautiful and absolutely true!

Eden and Coolgirl Rock! :D

PS: I think Effie would've written it to Haymitch since they've been working together since long. But okay, Cinna is a sweet fellow whose charm softens one! :D

• Livsnjutare

This is so good! I new it was Effie from the first sentence you wrote because you made it sound just like her!
    :D