Sunflower~

She/Her
INTP-T
enneagram: 5w6
Writer
15
Ice cream aficionado
Joined April 2019

Any suggestions are appreciated ;)

How to Get Over Writer's Block

3
Hello, fellow writers/readers! I think I have found the cure to Writer's Block! (Just kidding, that is an inexplicable phenomenon that no one will ever be able to solve...) Nevertheless, this list of books I have below is super helpful, and these books always inspire me to write something beautiful and new! Not to mention that they are the eunsung heroes of the book world, and need to be read more! Comment if you have suggestions or want to add anything!!! (I am in a constant state of needing book recommendations... lol)

The Girl Who Dared to Think Series by Bella Forrest: 
(I am not actually done with this series yet, as there are 7 books and I have just started reading them) But so far, this series is one of THE BEST future dystopian books, it is like Hunger Games and Divergent, but soooo much better! The characters are more complex, and the plot is twisty but not too much that it loses you ;) 15/10 would totally recommend!

The Circle Series by Ted Dekker:
A series about the Earth set both in the future and the past, the whole series is a metaphor about how evil can take over our lives but Jesus can save us. It's got some romance, a pinch of comedy, and a whole lot of suspense/adventure! It is an amazing read, I would definitely recommend it!

Cooper Kids Series by Frank Peretti (or anything by him)
This series is great! It is a fictional collection of the daring adventures of the Cooper kids, Lila and Jay, and their near-death escapes and experiences! Each book is very different, so I would recommend looking the series up! ;)

Lost Girls of Paris by Pam Jenoff: 
About female spies who went missing after being sent to France during WW2, amazing read with lots of plot twists! It is pretty much based on a true story, although the characters and some other small elements are fictional. ;)

A Countess Below Stairs by Eva Ibbotson:
About a Russian Countess who has to start a new life as a housemaid after the Russian Revolution breaks apart her family. Beautifully written book, with a very sweetly-written romance, and it's a perfect blend of sadness, love, action, drama, etc... Great book!

Ophelia by Lisa Klein:
This book has a movie, but I am not sure if many people have read the book... It's a re-telling of Hamlet (Shakespeare) through Ophelia's, (Hamlet's lover) eyes, and it is one of the best books I have ever read! It's full of all of that Shakespearean drama, love, and tragedy. I would absolutely recommend it! (Also, I just watched the movie adaptation of this, and I was not disappointed ;)

All for a Story by Allison Pittman: 
About a journalist/gossip columnist who goes "undercover" into speakeasies in the roaring twenties. This book is one of my favorite period/era books about the twenties. It has amazing descriptions and imagery, as well as a 'tense' romance that develops throughout the book, as they go from enemies to lovers. 

Melanie Dickerson:
Absolutely any book by Melanie Dickerson is awesome, but the Hagenheim Series is her best work, in my opinion. Each book in this series follows the romance of a boy and a girl, (it switches back and forth) as they are thrown together in some adventure. I love this series so much because Melanie takes Disney classics (like Cinderella, Ariel, and Snow White) and transforms them into a more believable story, all set in the medieval kingdom of Hagenheim. It is also a Christian series, which is really nice, especially in a romance book, because the romance is very sweet and beautiful without getting raunchy or inappropriate! Would definitely recommend her books if none of the other ones on here seemed to catch your eye ;)

• December 6, 2020 - 10:26am (Now Viewing)

• journal.scribbles

Ooh, I'm definitely going to check out some of these books!

I noticed that you replied to the previous comments on this piece here. That's totally fine, but you should probably know that the other commenters won't be notified. Most WtWers just go to a piece from the commenter and reply there, like I'm about to on a more recent piece from you. :D

• Sunflower~

;) Thanks for all of the comments! I would agree, Hunger Games is one of the best books, but The Girl Who Dared to Think is just a bit better, especially since there are seven books in the series, and it is a combination of HG and Divergent! I will have to read the Count of Monte Cristo, I have heard a little bit about it, so that's next on my reading list! ;)

• JonesyL123

re: Finally, another sherlock lover!

• Livsnjutare

oooo, thanks for all these book recommendations, i'll definitely look into some of them!
    re: I agree, the cooper kids series is great!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Thank you for this awesome list! Have you read the Count of Monte Cristo? It. Is. AMAZING!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Wait, a book that you think is BETTER than Hunger Games?! How can any dystopian be better than Hunger Games????!!!? I might have to read it, if it’s comparable. HG is one of my all time favorites.