anemoia & lattes (#dreams of autumn)

logophile
artist
athletic nerd
short volleyballer
hopeless romantic
creator
introverted extrovert
aesthetics obsessed
optimist (ish)
chocolate lover
nature girl
formerly haunted.by.words

15
10.5.20

my life is about God, not me

some thoughts i whipped up on the fly. i write for me, but i also hope anything i write makes you feel something, anything. see that quote in my message to reader box on my profile by l.m. montgomery? yeah, that.
<3 thanks, all you fantastically talented strangers.

tell me, darling, is there anything that can be agreed upon in this world?

6
tell me, darling,
do you ever wonder 
who can truly be right
and who can truly be wrong?

when you are convinced without a doubt
when you seen the proof
when the evidence is stark and bold before your eyes
when you have been visited by an angel or a spirit

but so was the other person
across the way
contradicting all that you say
and they speak of revelations
of the same evidence
of proof beyond reasonable doubt
whatever reasonable means these days

sometimes
many times
it's a matter of
p
 e
  r
   s
    p
     e
      c
       t
        i
         v

e 

but other times—
other times, how can there be any argument, any
doubt?

yet it exists
it lingers for years
maybe it roars in your ears
doubting everything

just one voice of dissent
is there anything that can be agreed upon in this world?

perhaps...
food is good.

who dares argue with that?
yet i'm sure there are more than a few.

tell me, darling,
do you ever wonder 
who can truly be right
and who can truly be wrong?

inspired by Odyssey's piece "On Faith and God"
thoughts?

Yes, I do wonder! This was so eloquently written, I love your work.

Hmmm, this definitely gives something to think about. I do believe in some cases there are absolutes, but in others it is off persepective.

• iamherbooks

This was wonderful, and yet fantastically simple. Thank you for sharing this piece!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: haha, thanks! And yes he’s just a really good character. And a rarity. We all need someone like him (and Sam too!!!) XD

• Rohan’s Defender

Wow that was long.... sorry!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: awesome! Yes, I’ll give you my reasons:
    I agree they are almost too similar. I think Katniss actually would have chosen Gale if only a few things had been different. But Gale and Katniss fought. A lot. In my opinion, Gale is a little insensitive. That’s mostly what I don’t like. He’s got a temper too, but what I also don’t like is that he is sometimes a teeny bit... selfish? Peeta really cared about Katniss, and wanted her to be happy even if it meant she chose Gale. But when Katniss realized she did care about Peeta, Gale was sulky and spiteful. And he also kind of barged his way into Katniss’ love life, even when she was engaged to Peeta. I like Gale, I really do. I think he’s a good, loyal character. And I think he’s right for someone, just not Katniss. But I ADORE Peeta. He’s so incredibly sweet and sensitive, and he’s SO dang loyal. It’s so sweet and cute that he always thought about Katniss first. Even though he doesn’t really get much credit for it, he volunteered for the Quell JUST like Katniss volunteered for Prim. To protect her. Peeta is just amazing. And I’ve heard MMMAAANNNYYYYYYY bread puns. My family calls him Peeta Chip. Yeah. But sorry I’m kind of a rant-we about this subject!! XD

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: aw, thank you! And it is supposed to be two speakers, but maybe it does change a bit! Thank you again!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: yes, Denethor is so SCARY! He is crazzzyyyyy! There are so many interesting characters. I love LOTR more, but I like the Hobbit too. I have seen all the movies, and while the Hobbit has better special effects, I prefer the LOTR movies. But the Hobbit book was A-MAZING! And Haymitch is very...... interesting! Along with the others too! I like Plutarch, but it bothered me that he was kind of insensitive to Katniss about Peeta. So here’s a question: are you more Team Peeta or Team Gale? I know people of both, but I’m definitely PEETA FOREVER! I’m curious to hear your perspective/ reasons.

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: yes yes YYYYEEEESSSSS!! Okay, so from the LOTR books: Sam is my favorite! Secondarily, I love Eowyn, Aragorn, and MORE!! In the book I also love Faramir, but he disappointed me in the movie. Badly.
    From HG, Peeta is MY FAVVVVVOOOORRRRRIIIITTTTEEEEEEE!!!! Ahh, he’s AMAZING! I love him (he’s my official fictional boyfriend). But Katniss is amazing too, and Prim and RUE! And.......... (imagine me naming pretty much every good character).

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: wow! Thank you THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I love book recommendations! My favorite books are LOTR and Hunger Games! I’m always happy to fan girl about those!! But it sounds like you have read some really good ones, and I’ll have to look into some of them that sound really good! Thank you so much! Also, who is your favorite LOTR and also HG character?

• Mpm#1

In the Chronicles of Narnia there is a character called Emeth. When Emeth dies he meets Aslan who is the true God of that world. When he tells Aslan that he has done service for his god Tash, Aslan says that it is service done on him(Aslan) because all good comes from him and evil from Tash. Good in Tash's name is service unto Aslan and evil in Aslan's name is service unto Tash. I sincerely think that if you are a truly good person following an "incorrect" faith, that is what will happen when you kick the bucket. Awesome poem! Really got me thinking!

• Ghoulgirl2020 (#Queenie's Halloween | I have been called Cool before if you know what I mean) ;)

Love this!
    Also, LOVE YOUR USERNAME!!!! XD