Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer
Poet
Twin
Disfusive
A bit empathic
A living oxymoron
WTW mom to FantasyOtter12, lochnessie & everyone
WTW sis to happy butterfly
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ

Joined 1/16/2020

Again, please don't worry about me or feel sorry for me. I'm okay. This is just a new, uncomfortable experience.

imposter

12

looking over my shoulder in the drugstore parking lot / don't notice me / my dad pushes my wheelchair through the store / in search of these special socks / please let them work
    nervous giddiness permeates my body / my hands fumble along the wheels / as i try to steer myself / it's not as hard as i thought it would be / but i wasn't prepared for the second glances / at a girl who looks perfectly fine
Using a wheelchair makes trips to the store wayyy more bearable. I was a lot less fatigued afterward than I usually would be. But I'm not broken, at least not visibly. Most people are unaware that most people in wheelchairs have at least some use of their legs. So it felt very strange to be using one when I can technically walk.

• October 18, 2020 - 10:03am (Now Viewing)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: awesome thanks!! Like F-Otter; makes sense to me! Thanks Anne!! XD

• NaiadIna

I hope everything is going alright for you! I totally agree with your comment on my piece; I changed the ending in a following draft. And thank you for your kind words! :)

• Anlee

<33

• madeline3.14159

Honestly, I hate that people have to worry about being judged when they are doing something that just makes their life better. Why can't people just accept that how people look on the outside does nothing to reflect what is inside of them, whether that be talking about their health or their view on life or just their personality. IDK Sorry for my rant. XD I just hate it that people judge with no prior knowledge of the person.

• beth r.

i hope the socks work! prayin' for youuu >3

Ugh...second glances. I was going through a health crisis a couple years ago and I know how that feels, to have everyone looking at you and feeling sorry for you. Kinda made me really angry at the time—I wanted to prove I didn't need their pity. So I really relate with this piece, although I didn't need a wheelchair at the time. Hope you're doing better though!

• Mpm#1

I hope the socks help! I'm really proud of you! <3

• RemovedUser1

When I was using my wheelchair, it was really strange. I tried pushing myself around, and that worked then Sam decided he wanted to push me, XD. It is weird because people have to make accommodations for you. But I hope the socks work!