sci-Fi

Aries INFP-A
she/her, but not important
Daughter of Apollo District 7 Dauntless Slytherdoor Downworlder Hunter of Artemis
Black and LGBTQIAP+ Lives Matter
Feminist (pro-choice, pro equality)
~Riordan~Rowling~Woodson~
Fangirl 4 Life

btw I wrote this in like five minutes before a virtual certamen tournament so I apologize if it's messy

It begins with a book

PROMPT: Why I Write

10
It begins with a book.
Bound papers stamped with words of wonder,
Imagination and ideas transported to my
overactive mind.
An escape, of sorts.
To leave my world and enter another.
So many stories,
    epics
        tales
piled up over the years,
a clog of fiction blocking my mind.
How to find release?
A pen.
Drain my mind of the fantasies 
Spill them onto a paper, a screen.
Add some flourish, an adjective or two.
A conflict, a need, 
then a twist to the tale.
And now I have something in front of me that is completely my own.
Not a borrowed thing, not handed to me.
Mine.
My world, my creation,
and it all begins with a book.
Kind of a new form of writing for me. Hope u guys like it!

• haunted.by.words (#queenie's halloween)

Re: i really appreciate your open-mindedness and understanding. i want to be understanding as well. the truth is—and i actually published a poem on here about it —is that everyone is always going to have some differences, on anything, everything, and whatever is in between. (dang that should be a book title).
    thank you for explaining the difference between "movement" and the group as a real individuals. it helps me a lot. i will say, rick does do it well. while i don't feel entirely comfortable with solangelo, i can't deny that they have great chemistry. will and nico complement and balance each other.
    also, i'm very sorry that people have told you that. it gives christianity a bad name. it categorizes and stereotypes christians (which is, unfortunately, a divided religion) in the same negative way that some christians do to others. yes, ttyl :-) really, later, i'm supposed to be doing hw...

Re: dam that makes sense. that joke will never die. blue food, dam jokes, peter johnson, the panda pillow pet, "i'm a leo. you're a percy." XD
    okay, so... i wasn't going to get into this, but i'm guessing you've seen my profile, and i've seen yours. how to put this... i'm christian (not really a specific denomination, although technically i attend a wonderful Calvary Chapel). i believe that Jesus is the Son of God, but He was also fully human. I believe that He was crucified as the final sacrifice to wash everyone clean of their sins. I believe that He rose on the third day and is coming back someday to take His people with Him. I believe in a literal heaven and a literal hell, that the enemy (Satan, the devil, Lucifer) is out there.
    that got deeper than i intended. basically, i believe that the Bible is the inspired, inerrant Word of God (not the Apocrypha—those are important books, but i don't consider them canonical Scripture). i also know that things get taken out of context way too often.
    that being said, i know i and all christians are called to love and serve everyone. everyone. and i endeavor to do that. but that doesn't mean i condone choices and movements like lgbtqiap+. i know that's something you're a strong supporter of, and i'm glad that you have a passion for something as strongly as i do, even if they're different things. i have family members who are homosexual, and we love them. we see them often. they're part of our weird, wacky family, and once you're in the family, you're there forever. i believe that i can love and support and care about people without agreeing with their lifestyle and choices. i hope you don't take this as inappropriate or hate speech or discriminatory, because that's really not my intent. there are so many other great things we have in common, things to talk about, and writing stuff. i'm grateful that you asked to understand, because that's really admirable and thoughtful. i think we can agree to disagree? i'd also like to understand where you're coming from, because it is important to not live a completely sheltered christian life. we're called to live in this world, but not to be like this world. to do that, hearing multiple povs is crucial.
    whew, that was deep and long. also, from a writer standpoint, it seems like that sort of diversity is being thrown into books to look good. there are at least three series i can think of where the later or last books mentioned or featured non-het characters, some of which felt totally forced. like a couple throwaway comments, just to show that they're aware. which is admirable, i suppose, but also forced. i've heard that some publishers won't take a book that doesn't include some sort of diversity in that sense.
    i know this was long... i prob won't get back to you for a couple hours now because i really do need to go do stuff.
    best wishes.

Re: i was totally gonna go do stuff, but this is more exciting. yeah, it got heavy. it totally could have been way darker. before this book, i think the percabeth falling into tartarus and percy drowning the misery goddess in her own poison was the first thing where i was like... whoa. this got intense. i was kinda in shock when lu's hands got cut off. i didn't really process...
    thanks for the reassurance on the bast sentence, btw. yeah, bob would make sense ("tell the stars i said hello" i'm not tearing up!) but why wouldn't he just say that if it was bob?
    i know he's purposely leaving it a little loose at the end, but urgghh i wanna know the prophecy and the new demigods and the titan and the "mutual problem"
    honestly, i'm not inspired by albany at all. it was really random. i just picked it cause, idk, it fit and it popped in my head. i wanted it definitely nearby, like the hiding in plain sight sort of thing, a place that wouldn't take long for anyone to get to (relatively). bat will prob steal (sorry, borrow) a mercedes convertible or something, but centaurs can bend time and distance. so np there.
    ok, here's where things will get a little wonky... we have differing views on rick's choices for character sexualities. i was def surprised when rick made piper bi. from a writer standpoint, i can see how he was leading to that, and it made sense. it made a lot of sense. from a personal standpoint... it's not my favorite move. i'm not against those decisions; they're just not the ones i would put in my writing. i still think that he was brilliant with the diversity he created, and i understand why. so yeah.

Re: i'm crowding up your sunset piece, so hi on this one instead. thanks so much for the feeback on the riordan piece. you've no idea how i appreciate it. really. i'm working on bast, but i may need some advice because i don't want to reread (again) right now... it's like she's returning from the whole exile thing when all the gods were sent away after defeating apophis but i'm not sure about the logistics of it all... idk if this aligns:
    "She didn’t feel like explaining. Honestly, she wasn’t sure how she had been summoned back. The persistent tugging in her head hadn’t stopped since receiving the letter from her acquaintance of the Greek pantheon. She hadn’t wanted to leave Ra, but the tug had intensified every day she waited."

• crystalline•galaxies

thanks for your kind comment. to answer your question: yes, the piece in question was about a significant other.

• Ghoulgirl2020 (#Queenie's Halloween | I have been called Cool before if you know what I mean) ;)

Wow! This is beautiful and SO relatable!

Yes, I love it! Such an interesting idea-- "drain my mind of fantasies" You should try more of this form of writing-- you are clearly really good at it!