chrysanthemums&ink

sʜɪɴᴇᴇ's ʙᴀᴄᴋ
sʜɪɴᴇᴇ's ʙᴀᴄᴋ
sʜɪɴᴇᴇ's ʙᴀᴄᴋ
ʙᴀᴄᴋ, ʙᴀᴄᴋ, ʙᴀᴄᴋ, ʙᴀᴄᴋ

i was watching videos of txt and a huge wave of nostalgia hit me. also, bts music is going to be the death of me, i'm farsick.

it is quiet

18

and for the first time, it is quiet

i brush away the dew clinging to your eyelashes, and it is sweet. nothing moves, even the air does not disturb us in this place. i can hear the distant blares of a siren, but i do not tremble to it. it smells like fresh air, like breathing the sky in and blowing it out in sheets of glass. the dirt stirs around us, the grains compressing against our skin like brown sugar. i press our temples together in the grass, and it is cold but not unbearably so. the surface of your lips ripple in the wind, the chapped sheen breaking into islands. i can no longer hear anything but your sighs, soft and intangible. i lay and i admire you from the side. it is cold. my body has grown numb, and as nature shifts around us, i remove everything in the world but you, me, and the sky. the sky is blue, it looks so big above us. so so big. you smile, i smile. i squeeze your hand. 

it is quiet. 

it is quiet

1

• Wisp

Replying: Haha, that's so sweet of you to say. I was reading over the comment below and it's just one big mess of things, so I don't know about eloquent, but it means a lot to me that you think of me that way. And I treasure your comments just as much :) From a writer's viewpoint I can see what you mean, since I have tons of drafts myself that just never get finished/revised so everything's just messy and unfinished. And like as writers, we pour ourselves in our work, so it's more susceptible to harder judgement or critiques taken to heart, but that's just how things are when you love something I guess. And being your own number hardest critic, it's hard to please yourself with your work and stuff. But from a reader's viewpoint, I absolutely adored O'Hare. The metaphors and imagery and details all flowed so beautifully together and it was just absolutely glorious to read, a gift even. If you decide to submit the piece someday, I'd 100% encourage it, masterpieces like you only come every century or so after all.
    (No, no don't apologize, I'm the same here) There's no need to be disappointed because getting to know you now is just absolutely darling and I love it. (Also, my writing kinda sucked in the summer so forgive me when I say it's better that you found me during this "writer change" or whatever haha) I know what you mean honestly, I remember when WtW would have pieces upon pieces published every minute or so and everything was vibrant and all. It may not be the same, but I'd say it's thriving, thriving in some sort of new era that's just right, you know? I'd say you're just as big of a role model honestly (You're almost at 200 followers!!), even if you don't feel it, I know that there are so many writers who look up to you (myself included!) and I'd say you persisted as well by just staying and interacting and writing and just giving some life to this place. You are so so sweet and if I wasn't already smiling, I'd definitely be now. Your kind words are treasures and thank you for them. All the best to you!

• Wisp

Replying: First welcome back!! I know I already told you, but it's simply brilliant to see you back! You definitely live up to the praise! You are not just an exquisite writer but you are one of the kindest people as well! I know there's this pressure that comes with being called a "legend" sometimes, that you always need to outdo yourself lest you disappoint someone, but I hope you know that all you write, I will always find it beautiful. So if you do feel pressured, don't, because I think I speak for all of us when I say that your writing will always be beautiful to us, no matter what you write (I'd read your grocery lists too ;)) It has been long, but it's okay to take breaks. Of course, and seeing you say that in your #januarygifting piece, ahh, that was so sweet. Thank you for that! It definitely brightened up my night! And it's kinda funny to think about, since I remember when I first joined, and I told myself I wanted to be this writer role model or whatever (I know I know all for the wrong reasons, but forgive that imp of a child), so to hear that it's just kinda surreal.
    P.S. It was the O'Hare Airport Terminal one, the one with the flag and you were talking about your heritage and all. That one was and still is one of my favorites by you.

I first noticed you during summer. You caught my eye and your writing was magnificent to boot. I won't lie to you, I was kinda like "Woah, this writer is on a whole other level from me" when I noticed you first. You've been a WtW celebrity to me for a while, and having these brief interactions with you was just like this realization that "I've finally made it." I'm not sure where this place is that I've made it to, but wherever it is it warmed my heart. Because getting to know you through a simple exchange of comments has brightened my days. I may not know you much, but do know I've cherished all of our brief interactions, cherishing the little moments where the person behind the pseudonym of chrysanthemums&ink has come through. I'm not at all poetic in grace and manner, and I wish I could phrase this way better, but simply put, thank you. Thank you for simply being a friendly face on the internet, for taking time out of your day to interact with me, for simply being you. Thank you.
    #januarygifting

• Wisp

(I was going to comment on the piece that made me follow you but I can't find it, so here we are instead, though this piece is just as splendidly delectable)
    So. I was not expecting to be writing this message to you honestly (don't worry, it's nothing bad), but here we are and I just want to say thank you. You asked once how we view you and I told you that I viewed you as a legend. And I wasn't lying, because honestly, your writing is brilliant, it is exquisite and it is remarkable and gosh one day you'll write something and change the world. But I'm going off track, so I'll simply say to you this: When you followed me, I was caught off guard. I think Dmoral phrased it best in one of her appreciation post, "it was like sitting at the cool kids table." You're a legend and when I saw you follow me, I was beyond words. And the support you have given me means so much, so thank you for all you've given me. Thank you for being a follower of mine and thank you for blessing me with your lovely writing. Thank you for everything. And when you see this, I hope you'll be in a better headspace.
    (Also, I'm doing a dust jacket, so if you have any questions, send them my way!)

Btw that song is still open on my computer because I need that kind of relaxing essence in my life.

Wow this is ethereal!! I absolutely love the way you finish it so simply. Wow. Wonderful piece!!!

Re: wow, that's so cool about the magazine!! I am definitely going to check it out. I'm very glad that you liked my piece—it means a lot to me coming from such a talented author. Hope your day is going well :) Happy writing!!

lovely. it felt so... so... i can't even describe it. so wispy but tangible. whimsical but heartfelt. just so... lovely. i know, i already said that.

This piece receives the high honor of being its own bookmark on my Chromebook so I can come back to it when I need to relax.

Oh my. Every word of this piece crept through my layers of tension and distraction and steeped in my soul. When I read this again with the music, it really helped me slow down and breathe. Just breathe.

• naomi ling

missing taegyu hrs asldfh;sdfd (sorry i'm incoherent rn + cannot digest a gorgeous piece)

• naomi ling

mreow hi ink

• Wisp

“i brush away the dew clinging to your eyelashes, and it is sweet.”
    Your imagery here is just lovely, I absolutely adore it. This felt so quaint and sweet and homey. I got all these fuzzy feelings inside and honestly, it felt nostalgic in a way. This was absolutely comforting and I will absolutely be giving this another read soon. Gosh, everything about it was just heavenly.