V-Rose

15
Proud Catholic
Writer/Reader
Coffee Addict
Lioness
Mom-ish, apparently
(I don't mind)

Writing is not words on paper
It is worlds on paper

Rohan's Defender's twin/cousin/sister/cognate

PROMPT BELOW!
If you find inspiration with this, let me know. I would love to see what you guys do.
Prompt:
"You mean you literally held the fate of mankind in your hands and you dropped it!?"
~
Check out Rohan's Defender and Coolgirl! Honestly, these are some of the most awesome people ever! And they write beautifully!

Guys! G.K. Chesterton was AWESOME!

LMK if you'd like to be updated on any of my series.

Death's Tales
Flying on Broken Wings
Moonburn

Finished Series!

Never Really Real

The Thing About Falling. . .

24
When I was little,
I dared
to touch the sky.
I climbed everything in sight.
Poles, trees, lights,
I climbed them.

When I fell, I stood back up.
"I'm okay!" I would shout
even if I was bleeding
or covered in scrapes.

And then I stopped
stopped telling people that I was okay
and didn't even mention when I fell
off my bike
down the pole.
Not even when I cut my self
or got bruised and battered.

I just kept going
because keeping quiet isn't hard
when no one wants to know.
And so I became quiet about other things.

The thing about falling...

You fall in love,
and it's a dizzying,
colorful fall
that leaves you breathless
and in awe.

You fall into anger,
into that fighting cage
where they try to goad you
into a fight
with tigers twice your size.

You fall into sadness,
that damp pit of despair
where the only way out
are the rocks that cut you
on the way down.

The thing about falling...

You don't do it once,
or twice,
or even just a hundred times.
No,
you fall every day.

The thing about falling...

You can feel like you're falling up
Or falling down,
Or like you're on a ledge for a moment.

It can be light or dark
or short or long
but you still fall.

And the thing about falling...

I still haven't stopped.
See you all when I get where I'm going... wherever that will be. I've been thinking a lot about falling lately. My friend said she's growing out of books and it's really, just sort of bugged me, because now I'm falling faster than I ever have. I've never been what people would call a girly-girl. I get threatened with things most people would love. I don't like pedicures because of the amount of time it takes. And I don't like make-up or perfume. And it's hard when you don't want to be shoved in that direction. It's been a really hard week but you guys are always here for me. So, thank you. Really. 

1

oh i just rediscovered this and was reminded of how much i loved it. the elegant simplicity of language, the truth and honesty, the whole concept... incredible

I can relate so much to this. And the footnotes. I've never been a girly girl, but most of my friends are, and it just bugs me sometimes.

So.... I wanted to thank you. For everything:

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Re: THANK YOU! EXCUSE ME WHILE I GO CRY TOO! YOUR SUPPORT HAS BEEN MORE ENCOURAGING THEN YOU KNOW, I NEEDED YOU TO WRITE IT!!! YOU HELPED ME SOOO MUCH! THANK YOU! AND I AM SO HAPPY YOU LIKED IT!!!! NIW I AM SAD THAT IT IS OVER!!!

Wow... This is... Indescribably beautiful! You made my day.
    Don't ever give up V-Rose. You are awesome just the way you are!
    I thought these quotes might be inspiring to you...
    "An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it’s going to launch you into something great.”
    – Paulo Coelho
    "The reward for conformity is that everyone likes you but yourself."
    – Rita Mae Brown

• Rachaelgrace

Absolutely beautiful.

• books4life

i hope things get better love! you are amazing in every way and your online friends are always a comment away. my door is always open (of course this is not literally as you type it on a computer....you get what i mean :))

Thank for you being brave and sharing because I know it's not easy. You are amazing! *also i just noticed that ive commented on this prior but i think you changed the footnotes so i'm adding another one*

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Re: aw. Thank you, V. That means a lot. You are too. :) And yeah, definitelyyyyyy weird...

• pyrrhic

i can feel the emotion pouring through the screen. i hope things get better, from someone who understands completely. sending love <33

• AccountA

Beautifully worded so amazing! Also heres the next chapter for 45 minutes! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/196905/version/401195

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Daughter of the Ocean has been updated! Tell me if you don't want to be notified, just say so! <3

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Ps. I love how you have some happy parts in this poem. I actually ADORE it, the imagery and everything is incredible!

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Aw, V...... I’m so sorry that you feel this way. I’m here for you if you ever need anything. This poem is breathtaking even thoughts it’s also heartbreaking. In my opinion, you can NEVER, EVVVEERR grow out of books! But I’m sorry you’ve had a hard week. If you need anything, you know who you can talk to!

• Livsnjutare

oooooooo! Great job, this is such a wonderful piece!!

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

I have started the series you asked to be notified for! The Life of a Fifteen-year-old Superhero is here! <3

• ect.13

Wow. This is gorgeous... seriously. It gets better, I promise. Hang in there and definitely keep writing <3

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Sorry for taking so long! Daughter of the Ocean has been updated! <3

• books4life

i love this!!! i felt it deep in my heart :) breathtaking

This is magnificent. Wow. It feels so philosophical without being superfluous. I love you, V. Take care.

this... i can't even explain how lovely and heartbreaking and raw and honest and genuine this is. i love the concept. i love how you put the concept into words. i love your profile pic.