TwentyOneTimelords

Hello, my name is Child of the one true King

I can do all things through Christ who is my strength.
-Philippians 4:13

American/German

Writer, Reader, Artist

Mornings are for coffee and second breakfast

Mind how you go

Allons-y!

Jesus Saves!
17
Book nerd
Movie nerd
Comic nerd
Basically...
Just a Christian nerd who writes
:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Some of my absolute favorite books/series:
-I Love You So Mochi by Sarah Kuhn
-The Hobbit and LOTR by Tolkien
-the Eragon series by Christopher Paolini
-the Mortal Engines series by Phillip Reeve

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shout out to:

~Proverbs 12:18, my amazing real-life pen pal

~SherlockRlz, my Australian bestie

~A Certain Type of Decisive, for being so encouraging as I work on my novel!

~~~~~~~~~~
If you'd like, check out my novel-in-progress! Chapter one is here:

~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for stopping by--I hope you have an amazing day!!

Dear College Admissions Officer

13
I know my application my not be
the most sophisticated
you've ever read.
I know my ACT score
could be a point or two higher,
and that I likely should have
taken an SAT subject test
(or three).
I know that my GPA is not
a perfect 4.0--
blame freshman PE for that,
if you like.
I also know that I haven't
started a nonprofit
or an animal shelter
or cured cancer.
HOWEVER
I promise I am a good fit
for your school,
for I am much more than these things.
I am multi-cultural
and globally aware.
I am civic-minded and outspoken
an empathetic person, too.
I have integrity
and creativity
and a positive attitude (mostly).
I would love to attend your college
and make my mark on it.
So please, don't rule me out
just because of a couple of numbers
on a piece of paper.
Give me a chance, and I
just might surprise you.

1

• anemoia by a thread

I love the honesty in this piece.
    Re: thank you so much! Yeah I did post the second part of the bookstore story in here a few days ago. It says “continuation of chapter 1” in the title. I actually don’t have much of a plot beyond the next few chapters, tho, so... lots of reworking needs to be done.

love this and you seem like such a cool, lovely, interesting, kind person. also i dearly hope that the college admissions officer admits you.... i know i'm only in 8th grade, but this i swear is going to be me in a few years. welpppp a question: are you actually going to include this in your application? sure it'll go against the rules but i think it would add a lot. :D <3<3<3

• Kit-Kat Sully {Child of God}

Replying: Ok cool! Glad to hear you are well! Yes, I imagine that applications college prep etc. would be pretty stressful. My dad grew up in the south, so he went to Texas A&M University. I think he went to Louisianna Baptist University to finish his Master's degree, I think. I think those two are the only universities I'm familiar with out of state, other than that, in my state FL, I know of FGCU (Florida Gulf Coast University) and FSW (Florida Southwestern University). But it's funny because I'm not sure I'd want to go to those...I guess it depends on what I want a major in. How about you? What made you choose that college? Sorry this was so long. XD

Okay, firstly, this makes so much sense. I'm still a freshman in high school, yet I feel like they expect us to be perfect. This poem is just maybe an older version of me, when I apple to colleges.

Re: I know right? I have so many novel ideas in my head, but only three that have structured plots. And fanfictions, well I write only Harry Potter stuff, and let me tell you, I have about 70 documents on google docs, out of which at least half would be Harry Potter unfinished fanfictions.... We'll, I'll get to them sooner or later XD

• Kit-Kat Sully {Child of God}

Hi, how have you been lately? I haven't seen many of ur posts here lately. Is that seriously your college application? Wow! Which college are you looking at going to? Sry if that's too personal.

• LaurenBeeWrites

Side note...I saw your username and immediately thought of Twenty One Pilots. Lol.

• LaurenBeeWrites

Brilliant. I don't know too much about colleges and applications (I should, I'm a sophomore in high school, but oh well, I'll learn) I definitely think this piece showcases about how intelligence is more than just numbers, and marks. More than those things define who a person is and if they are/should be liable to get into a certain collage. Good luck with the application! You have so much talent!

• Anlee

"So please, don't rule me out
    just because of a couple of numbers
    on a piece of paper."
    that's really a universal fear for all students. i still have some time before i start applying for college, but im always worrying about the numbers that will appear on my applications. wish you the best of luck!

• chasing sunsets

Chapter 9 of A World of Our Own is out!

• Mpm#1

Soooo true. I have to begin looking more at colleges now, and it is very frustrating. So many seem to have very unrealistic expectations for people, or judge them off of test scores which don’t show how much you know, but that you test well. It’s frustrating. Great piece!

This is so relatable! I feel like so many people are judged by their test scores, and not their heart and personality.

• Ximena_24

WoW! Short but powerful! I completely agree with you and the pressure is pretty bad even though I'm only applying to High Schools (LOL) Stay Stong! God loves you!