chasing sunsets

17
Homeschooled
Joined October 1, 2020

_lover of coffee, art, and books!!_
stars, sunrises & sunsets ♡

Hi everyone!!

Starting to publish pieces of my first novel :D Here's the link to check out the first chapter!!

Go check out my amazing, talented friends!
Stone of Jade
Wishing on a Dandelion

for the love of words

PROMPT: Why I Write

6
I write for words.

Words.

I love molding them, stretching them and forming them between my hands like clay as I type them on the page. The words twist and ripple in my mind, pulling my head and heart together for one sole purpose: sharing them. Excitement bubbles in my chest as I tell about the places and people in stories the way I pictured them in my head, exactly as I had imagined. I love discovering the places where "me" was placed in the character or the scenes, or even in the speech I would never say. I want to feel the sob catch in my throat, the laughter coursing through my veins as I read them. Most of the time, I have yet to discover what will happen until I start scribbling, an adventure a few line away. My hands throb and twitch, my eyes droop under their weight, and my back aches from hours of writing with my three companions: adrenaline, thrill, and caffeine. Why is it worth it?

I am an artist. I paint the canvas, swirling in colors and adjectives with every stroke of the brush. I am an artist. I weave tears of grief and joy in the threads of time. I am an artist. I listen for the words as they leap and dance in the rhythm, hoping they pluck the heart-strings of those who read them. I am an artist. I string letters together into a jeweled crown for the pages to wear. I am an artist. I construe ideas and thoughts into magnificent sculptures. I am an artist.

So why do I do it? Why do I waste so many hours writing away, connecting each river of ink from one end to the other? Why do I write what will either be forgotten or make the slightest difference in the world? Is it the suspense? Is it to find more about myself? Is it the waiting to discover what will occur when my fingers brush against the keys or caress the pen?

It's not the uncertainty, the wonder, or the beauty. Words are a gift, one of which I give full credit to God. They are a part of me as much as I am of them.

But I don't write words for the reader, or even for me.

I write because I love words.

I loved this prompt idea, so I did it XD

• Anlee

love love love this piece <3 im hoping this gets featured on wednesday words or something because it's so well-written~
    also i just realized that i wasn't following you??? dw i fixed that :)

• wavewriter

I love this piece so much! Great job!

alsoooo
    Chapter 18 of Traitors and Rebels!!

this is so beautiful!!

This is SOOOO beautiful!! Omg I love this!!

• Rohan’s Defender

GORGEOUS!! Wow, I love this!
    Re: aw thank you!! :)

Re: thanks! btw, I love your profile and profile pic. sunflowers are my favorite flower! sunrises, sunsets, stars... yes! Coffee, art, and books... even better! Your username is lovely.

Wow! One of my favorite metaphors that you used was the whole words are clay thing. I've never thought about it that way. And you are an amazing writer!

I LOVE WORDS. I'M A LOGOPHILE! I LOVE THIS.