Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

Side note: Please don't research my syndrome right now, because there are many types of Ehlers-Danlos, and we're still figuring everything out.

Answers (Health Update)

26

eating breakfast in the passenger seat
preparing for a long drive south
laughing and singing to distract from the suspense
hoping against hope for answers

a crowd of buildings i've never seen
i am directed up elevators, down halls
testing and waiting, waiting for this special doctor

he enters with questions and examinations
if i was hoping for a perfect score
i would have failed

finally, he sits me down
tells me things i already know
and things i don't
Update: I went to Stanford yesterday to see a neurologist who specializes in POTS. He asked a bunch of questions, some of which made no sense, before testing my reflexes, my balance, and other things. Finally, he diagnosed me with a mild case of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, which is a connective tissue disorder that is causing my POTS, and in turn, my "mystery disease". Neither syndrome is curable, but POTS can be treated by increasing my salt intake even more and giving me compressions stockings to wear (blech).
Apparently, POTS is often seen along with irregular periods or extreme cramping, the latter of which I have. If I treat the cramps with hormone meds, my POTS may become more manageable, and POTS can also be treated with another kind of medicine.
Something that I'm grateful for is that I have people in my life who understand what I'm going through. I have some friends that have the same syndrome in various degrees. I'm not glad that they have it, but I'm glad that at least we're all figuring this out together.

• October 17, 2020 - 11:15am (Now Viewing)

Re: Thanks! Wow I'm glad it's nothing fatal! I pray you get better <3 I have a LOT of medical issues as well, so I can relate to lots of treatments and testings :

Re: Holy cow. And all this happened without me knowing...I feel so oblivious. Poor Savannah. I really wish people would honestly just not comment on anything at all if they're only going to say mean things. I do definitely agree with you though on the bias, as I've mentioned to Savannah (part of the reason I keep my political leanings silent and stick to fiction). It just stinks that she got caught up in all that when it seems a decent amount of it wasn't really her fault.

Hey, do you happen to know what happened to SavannahC? I saw Kit-Kat's post about it, but the piece she actually wrote explaining the reason was either deleted by her or the admins? Were you able to read it in time?

• Bailamarie

Hope it gets better! Sending lots of prayers. My cousin has Elhers-danlos so I know how hard it can be. Stay strong.

• Rohan’s Defender (Rudolph’s Defender #holidayvibes)

Sending love, thoughts, and prayers! I’m here if you need anything!

• Jasmine khawar

Sending all my prayers and lots of love <3

• birthdaycandles

Thinking of you and praying for you !

• Book Kitten

I'll be praying for you!!
    <3

• Kit-Kat Stockings (#holidayvibes)

I'll be praying for you! <3

• Chloe :) <3

Firstly I'm proud of you for getting through this so far and I can tell you are a strong and amazing and supportive person! I hope the answers help to provide some level of comfort!

• wintermagic (#holidayvibes)

I'm glad you finally have answers. Best of luck, I believe in the power of people!!!!!!!!!
    (I think that was a tad dramatic, but what can I say, that's jus tme.)

Best wishes as always <33

• Mpm#1

I'm glad you're getting help! <3

• crystalline•galaxies

re: i wrote it with the intention of just describing myself, but it could be read either way. whatever the reader feels like interpreting.

• Wisp

Aw, I'm glad you have answers now, and I hope they'll at least give you a sense of comfort (??). It's great you have such a great support system and I'm wishing you the best!

i'm glad you got some answers about your health and that you have such great friends! <333

• RemovedUser1

Oh, and if you could volunteer at a Friendship Circle that would be so cool!

• RemovedUser1

I’m glad that you were able to figure it out! Now you can treat it, at least. I’m still sorry that you have it, but now at least part of it’s resolved. We’re all here for you, even if we don’t have your sicknesses <3.
    Replying: Haha, thank you!!

• beth r.

re: thanks! on it!

• mistletoe3.14159 (#Holidayvibes)

I'm so glad that you could begin to figure out what was going on here!! I will be continuing to pray for you <3

I'm so relieved for you! I've been praying—glad you can find out more of what's going on! I hope you're doing better.

• beth r.

here for you >3
    and great writing!