The Dreamer

South Africa

17
Female
Baha'i
Reader
Writer
Artist
Puzzle solver
Ravenclaw
Demigod
Ballerina
Dragon rider

Hello there! I am a sixteen year old who believes that books and words are magic .I am born a South African and I live in George but I am also Persian, Brazilian and American ( mostly South African, Persian and Brazillian, though).I enjoy drawing and like to spend time outside. Just lying in the grass looking and listening. I LOVE reding because it transports me to a different world. I can escape from reality anytime I like. The Inkworld triology by Cornelia Funke ,The Waterfire Saga series by Jennifer Donnely and The Icemark by Stuart Hill are my favourite books.
How To Train Your Dragon is the best movie series ever ( and Harry Potter of course!).

Nedarg

A forest of weak, flimsy little trees. With groves of enormous, unbalanced baubles sitting on their own swaying trunks.Ravenous creatures screech overhead. Chirpings and screeches and screams from just behind you, yet their source is always invisible. A wind blows, shaking creatures from their homes in the trees. The baubles sway back and forth. Little drops of sun occasionally mushroom forth from between the trees. No one dares disturb them, their holy highnesses, except the peasants. 

The peasants have so very little wisdom. They destroy hundreds of these forests, then cultivate thier "own". Though the foerst's alleigance they will never claim. 

Towering castles and palaces stand, reaching up from the forest. Each palace a different shade of unifing green: emerald, jade, turquoise. In each castle lives a different family of royalty. In summerthey bring forth their jewels and clothes and candies and hang them out the windows for every citizen to partake in their joy - even the lowly peasants. Under the sheltering turrets of the castles, there are mansions and manors and even cottages, where the barons and dukes and duchesses reside. Hundreds of little cottages are filled with quaint families, where cooking and cleaning is a group activity. Though they do not have much, when summer comes they hang whatever they can out for the forest people to enjoy.

Palaces, castles, cottages, mansions and manors all encircle the forest, protecting it from the dangers outside. So royals and barons, dukes and cooks, families and animals, plants and peasants - all live in perfect harmony. 
This is a description of a garden, if you didn't know.

• October 16, 2020 - 9:11am (Now Viewing)

• midnight.summerrose

Wow!! This is soo amazing!! :)

For a lively fairytale spin: Land of Stories, School for Good and Evil, Sisters Grimm; for a dark and breathtaking Cinderella spin, Stepsister; for an intriguing fantasy series, Magisterium; for a middle-grade, lighthearted modern fantasy, Children of the Red King (Charlie Bone); for a mind-melting, ingenious, hilarious urban sci-fi, The Accelerati Trilogy (highly recommend!); for a supernatural spin on a classic, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies; for a sparkling romance, royal drama, intrigue, strong female friendships, fiery redheads, and people who stand up for what's right, The Selection series.
    My favorite three series of all time are Harry Potter, Keeper of the Lost Cities, and Percy Jackson and the Olympians, in that order.

Re: Thanks so much for the feedback. I know what you mean about Rick's books, but ToA is definitely different since it's from the perspective of Apollo (which is bad and good). It's more... pop-culturey but still worth a read.
    Percabeth might be my favorite romantic relationship in any fandom. Ever. Period.
    As for book recs, *cue evil laughter* I've got them by the dozen. This is the copy + pasted comment I wrote on someone else's post for book recs...
    I don’t know what you’re into, but for impactful l, deep and poignant: All the Light We Cannot See, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close; for a rich and spellbinding novel on WWI, love, and Greek mythology: Lovely War; for a funny middle grade series, Percy Jackson, Storm Chaser, Keeper of the Lost Cities, Maximum Ride; for a dark, rich, enchanting high fantasy, the Caraval trilogy; for a classic, The Great Gatsby; for a fun YA, To All the Boys I Loved Before or The Cupcake Queen; for a tragic YA, The Fault in Our Stars; for a YA thriller and political and friend drama, Embassy Row trilogy; for a Victorian era comedy of manners where girls go to finishing school to become spies, Finishing School series; for a steampunk dystopian with impeccable world building and a prison that’s alive, Incarceron; for a series about books, Story Thieves or Inkheart; for a classic fiction series, Lord of the Rings, the Chronicles of Narnia, or A Wrinkle in Time; for a murder mystery-coming of age-romance-nature-adult novel, Where the Crawdads Sing; for a scandalous, twisting, glitzy dystopian trilogy, The Thousandth Floor; for just straight up brilliance, tears, laughter, and YA fun (some mature references, kind of like The Fault in Our Stars but not explicit), Hope and Other Punch Lines.

P.S.S. I just noticed the "demigod" on your profile... yes, yes, yes! Have you read all of Rick's books? Have you read Tower of Nero yet? Can we fangirl about percabeth? Okay, sorry. I get carried away with fandom.

I just realized how clever your title is, wow. I love the imagery I got from this! Also... Inkworld?! Waterfire Saga?! And HP, of course. I love reading and words and books and stories so much. While those aren't my top fandoms, I still love those series! Both Waterfire Saga and Inkworld are so rich, spellbinding, and well-crafted. I just adore the concept in Inkworld; books about books are always so cool. As for Waterfire Saga... it's probably one of my favorite underwater/mermaid books ever besides The Siren by Kiera Cass. As deep as the sea itself. And the worldbuilding is impeccable. Alright, shutting up now. :)
    P.S. I like your profile pic