~Zoe N~

Writer, Poet, and I want to be a neuropsychologist

Kindness is choosing love over hate, light over darkness, and compassion over judgment.
-Anonymous

8.17.20

#BlackLivesMatter

TO BE CONTINUED

One by one ~ part 7 (My 60th piece!!)

6

I woke up the next morning, to light shining through my window. I was in a small room that was very unlike the rest of the building. Very quaint, and vintage, with an old record 
player and white curtains.
I had a bad headache and I groaned as I stood up. I clearly remembered the events of the previous day, but I had barely started to accept this new knowledge of my existence. I wanted to know more though, I needed to hear the rest of the story. 
Not long after I woke up, Ethan knocked on the door and told me that I had left my phone in the testing room and my mom had texted me. She had asked me where I was.
Sighing deeply, I replied and told her that I was with friends.
She replied immediately saying that she didn’t think I had any friends and she didn’t know who would want to be my friend. 
I felt so angry, she truly didn’t care at all. She didn’t care, and she had changed so much. I could barely remember what she was like before dad died. She was happy then, and she cared, at times it almost seemed like she loved me, but not anymore. She ignored me now, seemed appalled at everything I did or said, and never took the time to ask me what was happening in my life. It was almost as if she didn’t know me anymore, she didn’t know who I was or what I liked. She didn’t know me and she really didn’t care.  I could feel a cold tear trickling down my cheek, wet and unwelcome against my warm cheek. I turned away from Ethan bitterly and roughly threw my phone against the white wall. I could feel his eyes on me, I could tell he felt bad, I could tell he wanted to help in some way but he couldn’t. No one could. I almost felt angry at him, and at first, I didn’t know why. But then I realized that it was because he was the only person that cared what happened to me. I was angry because I wasn’t used to people caring about what happened to me. It had been so long since anyone had looked out for my well-being. And now there was someone who didn’t want me to suffer and I wasn’t used to that. Silent tears rolled slowly down my face, leaving behind the pain but slowly extracting the desperation and hopelessness.
After a while, I turned around, wiping my eyes, and asked Ethan to tell me the rest of the story of my past. At first, he refused, saying it was too much but eventually he complied and began to talk, “I think Mr. Davis had just finished telling you about who your dad was and so I’ll continue from there:
Your dad came here often and after a while, he fell in love with your mom, who worked here at the time. Once all the evil in him had faded away, he rebelled. He turned against his people, he refused to work for them, he refused to live there. As you can guess, this was a terrible crime to the black souls there. The monarch's son, turning against his own people to be with a human. Some would think of it as a heart touching story of a young man who was changed by love, but those souls don’t think of it like that. They think of it as a terrible error. And they have decided that the only way to take revenge for your dad’s mistake is to kill everyone in this world. The reason that you cannot die, is because you are descended from Hell, you are part of a long line of the evilest people, ever to rule this universe and because of that, you are the only person to stop the war from happening. Your hair is whitish silver because you aren’t truly alive, your father never truly died, he only decided to leave this world to seek peace in his world. Do you understand why you are here? And why you can’t die? Do you understand the messages, and why it is a terrible thing? I’m so sorry that this had to happen, and that it has to be you but that is just fate, and I don’t think anyone can escape their fate, no matter how hard they try. I’ll be there for you, and I will fight for you but in the end, only you can stop this. I don’t know-how, no one knows how but in time, I think you will find out.”

This time I didn’t say anything, I knew I didn’t have to. I just sat there, accepting my fate, soaking in the information. And Ethan sat there with me. We both sat there silently, staring at the floor, realizing our destinies, our futures, and our lives and quietly accepting them.

Part 7!!
Parts 1,2,3,4,5,6 can be found on my profile!
I just realized that this is my 60th piece!! Thank you to everyone that has supported me! Love you all <3

• midnight.summerrose

Well done for 60 pieces!!! This is soo good!!

Nice! Congrats on 60 pieces!

• madeline3.14159

Could you let me know when part eight comes out? No pressure, I just don't want to miss it :)

Re: Yay! My fav Emily book is the second. I will watch/read more Anne. Well congrats on your 60th piece! Keep writing! <3

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: Aw that sounds so fun!! And also congrats on the big number of pieces!!

• LindytheRavenclaw

yessssss I love this! And congrats!

• Busssy.Beee

Congrats on your 60th piece!! Hope to hear more!! <3

• madeline3.14159

This is sooooo intriguing!!!!! I wanna hear more!!! XD