mindfruit (hiatus)

he/him | taiwanese-vietnamese
15
Catholic
basketballer and pianist
artist (sometimes)
community ambassador alum
Sanderson, McMann, and Messenger

est. July 7th, 2020

Sorry guys, I just need to take a little break to catch my breath. See you all soon! :)

unheard voices

26
you never got the chance to be you
all those things you did, all those things you said
they were never really yours, no?
because the mask was the master
and you were the puppet
dancing to a tune that clashed with your heartbeat....

so I was searching through my free writing and I found this (and I realize that I haven't published in a looooong time), so enjoy :)

• nolongeractive

I think that this might be one of the best pieces I have seen on this platform. It is so deep and meaningful in unexplainable ways, as it captivated with its descriptions of ordinary feelings that often aren't brought up in today's world. This is so lovely! Such relatable and special words. If you would like to review one of my songs, I would love more reviews on mine called 'butterfly sadness,' 'gatekeeper,' and 'motif.' Much love! Also, if you want editing or songwriting help [OR WANT TO COLLABORATE ON A SONG], please don't hesitate to reach out.

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Hi. I saw your comment on Anne’s piece..... I hope everything is okay? I don’t wanna be pushy or nosy, just want to make sure you’re doing alright.

• TheTempest171

This piece is a gem! It's one of those small dashes of poetry you come across that really makes you think. It's short, but in a way that works. There are those beautiful, really long poems that give a meaningful insight on a particular topic, and then there are ones like this, ones that make you consider your own insight in regards to the topic and feel really personal, touching you just as much. The hint of rhetorical questioning in the third line adds to this atmosphere of provoking thought, which I like. Also, the metaphors used in this poem are really simple and clever and I like how you make connections between them in order to make connections between the concepts they embody. The lines ‘…the mask was the master and you were the puppet’ is so deep, showing that people sometimes do become controlled by the façades they hide their true selves behind, and ‘dancing to a tune that clashed with your heartbeat’ adds more to this, implying that these façades are so often the opposite of who they really are; what their heart beats for. I love it!

• Passionate_writer_samriddhi

It's so gr8 ... Small poem but deep.meaning... btw.. I hope we can be friends!! Also .... Can you please tell me that when will the results of creative non fiction will be out!? Thank you!:)

replying: oh thank you so much,that reallly means alot! im glad you like those lines;) hmmm thats so smart! thats actually a way better reference than the one i meant lol. i was referring to the golden girls line "sweetness and towers,they know perfection" there was little hint to Rapunzel from tangled(one of my favpurite disney movies and princesses)hehe.anyways yours was cooler so eek;)
    oh and its a pleasure:)<3

• Love, Rose

this is stunning

• Nikki

Re: YAS! i am so happy you liked the song! And i totally agree that their being open really adds to their music! For some reason Halsey's music makes me feel safe. its weird but it sort of gives me hope for a future. did i put that correctly? :)
    Also...its so cool that you like BTS! So, for this writing competition we had to write about something that made South Korea special for us. And, i wrote about BTS! It was so much of fun researching about them. Do you have a particular favorite song? i would love to listen to it <3
    ps: do you think i should post that piece, i think i may. do tell me if i captured the complete essence of BTS! :)

*of your talent,sorry i literally cant type to save my life

also connor suits you so well

oh my gosh,i feel like youre this little gem thats full of glow and then once in a while you show us a little bit of your luminecence idk.this is incredible and i cant think of how you could even think of it. im truly in awe or you talent,how you can write something this powerful in just a few lines... also i found out in the comments that your name is connor,thats such a cool name,hope you dont mind if i call you that now...:)

• sci-Fi

Re: Aw tysm!!

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Okay, had to go back and see what I forgot from the comment! So, yes, my mom says I was a Santa Stalker....... yeah! XD YOLO. Actually I have pictures of me when I was like 5 with Santa on my b-day.
    And you cut your finger right after knife safety?! We’ve done knife safety too. And a tip: NEVER forget to have meetings where you discuss first aid. Sometimes it’s something you need to know. My grandma almost died once because she was choking, but thankfully I had learned the Heimlich not long before.

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Re: heyo, Con!
    Thank you so much about the poem! Your comment really means a lot to me. I feel hypocritical because I’m always trying to encourage my friends, then I go on a sad poetry steak of writing about my teenage emotions............. hehe, so, yeah.
    Okay, so yes, a pink Christmas sweater with a picture of Santa riding a unicorn that says Santa’s Favorite. Yep. But hey, it’s only Christmas time once a year! XD
    YESS SNOW!!!!! And Christmas in 26 days!! I’m going to be 15 in 19 days, and I just can’t process it all.... Are you asking for anything specific for Christmas? I hope you get to see some snow in one means or another. I have cousins in FL who have never seen it in person. And sounds great about the gifts! Let me know what I get you! XD
    Woah, your troop sounds awesome! Haha, sorry about the popcorn thing, I actually don’t know a whole lot about Boy Scouts because I don’t really have close family that is in it. But the rafting sounds incredible! Our troop does camping and service projects too. If I may ask, what are the Boy Scout levels? Do they have them by age? We have a big troop too. But we haven’t been able to much recently because of the virus. :( But I’ve been in GS since first grade. It’s really fun.

• birthdaycandles

Re: haha thanks, it took me so long to come up with such a mind boggling sentence lol

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Hey, Connor, I have news:
    IT’S SNOWING IN KY!!!!!! The day before Dec. 1st!!!!! It’s not really sticking, but it’s still snowing! :D I can’t believe Christmas is coming so soon. It’s hard that some of my best friends are on here; I want to get gifts for you all! XD
    Okay, so how about this: if you pick out a keepsake or ornament either that you have already or get between now or Christmas, it’s from me! :) :)

• Busssy.Beee

omc, this piece is brilliant. also, mindfruitcake? also brilliant lol XD

Re: Aww, thank you, Connor. That put a smile on my face. :)

*KOTLC SPOILERS SCROLL PAST THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T READ ALL 8.5 BOOKS*
    ha, that's weird to type. 85. books.
    oh, i know! keefe just keeps changing. and not for the better. remember that quote, i forget which book, where he basically says to sophie, "i just keep spiraling downward. where's my perfect fix?" and ahhhhh. i think that all the "tragic boy brokenness" was always lingering below the surface, tho; it just had to be brought out by unmentionable parental evils. and it seems like those characters are covering up the hurt with jokes. just like leo valdez. smile when you don't want to. joke when you don't feel like it. especially when you don't feel like it. (i think that was in book 4 of HoO. or maybe 3.)
    and i love being able to contribute to the community (ack that sounds stiff and weird) and start a new, fun thing. (do you like fruitcake? just asking... i don't know anyone who does.)
    let's see... the b&n edition just had art on the dust jacket (the scene with keefe and sophie on silveny from book 2) and a silver foil stamped moonlark on the cover, drawn by shannon.
    and yeah, kotlc is just a very complex series. sometimes i feel like it's harder to follow than even hp. i am glad i have all the info, and i'm gonna go reread to pick it for secrets (like della and alden's files were pretty neat) but i NEED MORE STORY!!!

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

And as far as the holiday name goes, I thought it fits because I used to be a Santa stalker. When I was like 3, I would literally stand in the mall for TWO HOURS and stare at Santa. I was obsessed with him for..... years? He came to visit me in my birthday once, actually! XD

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Re: THANK YOU SO MUCH! I’m so glad you liked it! Sometimes inspiration comes to me most at night! XD I just poured my emotions and thoughts into it, and that’s what happened!
    And okay, well, cool. But I’m always happy to talk here! And yes, maybe they’ll consider doing something like that via email. Who knows?
    Okay, you need to watch the Mando when you have a chance! I’m not going to spoil..... just trust me! :D
    Yes, your holiday username is very creative! And thank you, mine just kinda came to me! XD I’ve been feeling the Christmas vibes the past couple days (we put up our tree yesterday). You should see my Christmas sweater........ I go a little overboard sometimes, I suppose! XD
    So, I wanted to ask you what your favorite things you’ve done in Boy Scouts are?
    You know, I feel bad that Girl Scouts get to sell cookies and Boy Scouts sell popcorn........ I’ve thought about that many times. It doesn’t seem very fair to me....

replying: i love finding pj fans here because in real life *sulks* the other day,a few people started talking about percy jackson and i was like eavesdropping and got so excited but i was too shy and nervous to join them. and when i gound the courage,the conversation was over lol

replying: ahhh so cool . yes i am a huge fan! my favourite ships are probably percy and annabeth because i just love them both and together and hazel and frank because frank is like the sweetest person ever and i just love them haha who are your favourite ships?

replying kind of: wait do i see riordan in your bio thingy?! *dies of excitement* are you a percy jackson fan?

replying: oh thank you! sorry about yours, i know its really excruciating:/ :)

MINDFRUITCAKE. how do you even come up with such briliance...
    *MINOR KOTLC SPOILERS, SCROLL PAST THIS COMMENT*
    re: yep, dex. he needs tlc. keefe is too tragic and broken for even me, even tho he's my fav character. fitz is waaayy too "perfect," golden boy, uptight, anger issues. not my type at all. dex... yeah, i figured it was time for a fictional bf. he's nerdy and normal.
    also re: thanks on the holiday piece! yeah, i did the dreams of autumn one. but this one seems to be more popular by far. and the map! i never realized how far apart everything is since they can light leap. and i'm glad you were able to support a local bookstore. i hope they find another way to make it.
    that's true, they never found a body... ooohh. ugh, cassius. it seems more probable now that you mentioned his "obsession" but why would both of the parents be empaths? and i'm dying to know what he remembered in unlocked when fitz was over at candleshade.

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

MINDFRUITCAKE!!! XD YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW YOU JUST MADE MY DAY! Okay, now I’m gonna go get a holiday name too.....

Re: Hehe *shrugs* *hugs*

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Hey,Con! BTW, have you seen the latest episode of the Mandalorian?! Zion and I just watched it!

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Re: alrighty! Have fun wherever you’re going! XD Talk to you soon!

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Re: yes, I agree! Emailing would be a good way; I do it with a few friends. I actually emailed WtW about a pen pal program a while back. And thank you, that really means a lot to me! :) And I do not actually. That’s part of why I’m on here so much to chat. Do you?

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Re: aw, that’s fine! I totally understand! Ya know, it’s really interesting how we can make such good friends on a website. I think it’s because you can get to know people through writing probably even better than in person. But if/when people ask me who my best friends are, I now list you as one of them!

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Re: yes! A convention would be amazing too! The only thing hard about the pen pal idea would be you would have to get addresses.... but that wouldn’t be a huge prob for people like me (we have a post office box).

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Also, I’m so glad you appreciate the pic; it took me like an hour to decide on a good one! XD XD

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Re: awwww! Thank you so much! :D I decided it was probably time let everyone see me! :)
    And thank you, it can be hard, but it’s good sometimes too. And a therapist, wow, that’s cool! I never thought about that idea as a job! :)

re: awww ty ty em!! glad you liked it, and soo happy to hear you caught the references hehe

This is such a cool peice!

Re: np, i know life gets crazy! just warning you, the story is pretty short. like... 200 something pages? so yeah, that disappointed me. but ahhhhh the map is the coolest! (do you have the b&n edition? i do)
    yes, grammar for life! (on actual writing, that is. yeah, none of this is capitalized, and i use some abbreviations, but on comments i don't usually worry too much. sort of.) i didn't edit my most recent piece, and it's killing me because i noticed all these little mistakes when i went back and read it. def gonna fix it soon.
    yeah, i don't think i've ever known a connor who spells their name a different way than i wrote above. but then, i can only think of two off the top of my head.
    i've looked at the kotlc fandom page, and i think that gethen is the only viable option. i've seen CRAZY theories, like theories of how kenric faked his death and is with the neverseen, and he's her father, to brant, to alvar. it can't be brant or fintan, even tho either would be pretty interesting, because then she could have pyrokinetic genes. but gethen seems a distinct possibility to me, and because i'm sorta evil, i really hope it's him. but for her father, it just doesn't feel as obvious. like, with oralie, that was one of my theories and one of my friend's. but it feels way more ambiguous with the dad. and i think ONE of her parents must have one of her abilities. i mean, both her parents not having her ability would just be weird. and i've seen tiergan, but... forkle said no. but he could always be lying! i've also seen cassius (UGH) and i HOPE NOT BECAUSE EWWW AND ALSO THERE GOES MY SHIP. yeah, i love keefe. and dex. dex is a cinnamon roll who needs tlc.
    sorry, did i get carried away?

Re: Thank you!

• ~timestamp~

oooh, I really like this!
    it’s short and simple and just - perfect??

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Hey, so I wanted to say that I also read your comments on Jasmine’s piece about HSP. I am one, so I was going to share a few details from my experience.
    My mom knew I was a highly sensitive child when I was really little. Here are some possible symptoms (there are additional specific ones too):
    1. Intense emotional reactions (Like more intense fear, joy, sadness, etc. And also cries easily/has feelings hurt easily)
    2. Deeply processes experiences (mulls things over)
    3. Highly empathetic and caring
    4. Easily overstimulated ( concerned about doing things right, bothered by vivid dreams, mature and insightful for their age)
    5. Sensitive to subtle stimuli (sensitive to fabrics, picky about food choices, uncanny intuition)
    (There is a website called “Focus on the family” that has some great info if you’re interested)
    As for specific examples relatable by to me when I was little, there were a lot. The smallest things would irritate me, like I would kinda freak out over over the seams in my socks scraping me (it sounds really weird, but it’s how a highly sensitive child’s mind works when they’re that young). I’m extroverted, but easily overwhelmed in busy, stimulating environments. Additionally, I can sense the mood of an environment. It sounds hokey, but it’s just how I am. I can feel if a group of people are tense. Anyway, I wanted to give you a little explanation as a HSP. :) It’s really challenging sometimes, because often others don’t understand us. But there are a lot of good things about it too.

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Wowwww, this is amazing! It’s so well written and deep! Great job as always!
    Alsooo, I have adopted your “Merry Thanksgiving” now! XD Thanks for that; you made my day with the new phrase!!

(i saw messenger in your bio, so i know you're a kotlc fan. plus i was talking to fantasyotter12, and he said you guys were major kotlc fans) sorry, that last comment could be weird out of context...

HAVE YOU FINISHED UNLOCKED?! Ahhhhh i have. so yeah i'm going a little insane.

ohh i love this!

• Jasmine khawar

Re: yes, because, you'll be a hsp if symptoms will match.
    But i think mostly people overthink....

• rainydayz

i’m glad you decide to share this piece. it was wonderful.

• Jasmine khawar

Re: i found out from internet.
    I can tell you some symptoms:
    1. Social anxiety
    2. Gets disturbed by crowd, loud sounds
    3. Don't like interacting with people
    4. Introvert. Likes being alone
    5. Panics over small things, cries easily
    6. Words hurt you a lot
    7. Overthinking and thinking what others think about you
    Etc.

• Jasmine khawar

Re: thanks a lot! <3
    I know its hard to deal with all of that. Are you an hsp too?

• chasing sunsets

Wow!! This is really good!