Rohan’s Defender

15
[ChildOfGod]
BTS ARMY with a double bias <3
*joined in July 2020*

~WtW Library Buddies with SunV

~Ranting about K-Pop Buddies with in_love_with_writing

~Go visit my K-Pop twin, gabimarie!

-Go say hi to my incredible friends V-Rose and mindfruit. They’re two of the most amazing people I’ve ever met. I don’t know what I’d do without them.

“A pen doesn't stop you from doodling when the words stop for a second
And you need to draw them first.”
-V-Rose

"If you bury mindfruit's feet and water him weekly, he'll grow just like a tree.” - mindfruit

“and as long as we fight we'll continue to see another day
and we'll drift off to sleep in the ruins of yesterday”
-mindfruit

~ I want to be your friend. No one has to be alone ~

Now That You’re Gone

16
Empty space
Empty mind
Not mine
I’m always
A step ahead

I don’t know why I won’t let myself stop
Running
Everywhere I turn 
You’re coming
To haunt my thoughts

You had it all 
I made you a throne 
Of my admiration 
I wove you a crown 
Out of the flowers in my heart
That symbolize what you meant to me

I supported you, my friend
I smiled when I saw you
But you were a flash of lightning 
Here one second 
Gone the next

Where would you have been without me?
You were a diamond in my eyes 
Before you forgot about me

I crashed down from the clouds
Of my dreams
To the dark place where
The words stayed in my mind
Rattling around
Unable to escape 

I needed that goodbye
The one you never gave me
I needed to know that 
Even though you were leaving 
You still cared

But I never got it

I hardened my heart
To people like you
Friends 
Who would just as soon
Stab me in the back

I don’t hate you
Though I don’t know you anymore
I miss you sometimes 
But it’s easier for me now that 
You left 

Now I don’t have to hold up that heavy
Throne
Or prick my fingers as I weave the
Crown

I hope you have moved on too
So you can be free
As for myself 
I can finally breathe
I can spread my wings 
I can fly

I learned my lesson about
You
I learned how easy it is for people to get
Hurt 

I fell hard when you left
But it’s helped me get stronger

So I don’t play with fire 
But I still know how to fly

Heyo! How is everyone? What do you think about this poem? 

• Busssy.Beee

Woah, this piece is gorgeous and stunning! Beautifully written, lovely!!
    Oh, and I finally updated I can't fall for you... just a quick note: but I hope to be posting every other day. So, in case, I forget to notify, you can just check!! Love you to the moon and back!! <3
    https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/196999/version/404441 (part 8)

• Busssy.Beee

Oh, and I finally updated I can't fall for you... I'll probably post the next one in the next two days! :)

• Kit-Kat Sully {Child of God}

Eden, did the piece you wrote about Savanna get censored? Mine did. And Savanna is permanently suspended-she no longer has access to this site. :(

• RemovedUser1

Replying: Yeah. Sometimes I wonder- if everyone has had a tragic friend break up, where are the ones that hurt us? Maybe they just don’t talk or think that much about it. But I’ll always be here :).
    I’m doing good! And Neville is too, XD. We’re getting dance lessons... (he needs them, unfortunately.) Also, sorry it took me so long to reply! I’ve been busy with speech comp related stuff. But I’ll be reading the collab soon!

• kealoha

re: no problem! you definitely should! I absolutely loooove twenty one pilots lol, and basically any music in general :)

• Rachaelgrace

Nice! This is good. Also I just read the first Hunger Games for the first time! So addicting, I couldn't put it down haha

whew, that's a terribly long comment. there's probably more, but i'll spare you. plus, i would have to do brain work to find any more books, and i am not read for any more brain work.

First, haunting but impactful poem.
    Re: you might be sorry you asked... My top three fandoms that I can scream/discuss/squeal/jump up and down about are Harry Potter, Rick Riordan books, and Keeper of the Lost Cities. However, I also like/love and can discuss tons of other: Divergent, Matched, Hunger Games, Narnia, LOTR, Wrinkle in Time, Story Thieves, the Divide, Maximum Ride, Accelerati Trilogy, The Fault in Our Stars, To All the Boys I've Loved Before. Shakespeare (sorta), Inkheart Trilogy, Waterfire Saga, Children of the Red King, The Cupcake Queen duology, The Selection (!!!), Embassy Row, Finishing School (Parasolverse), A Dark Unwinding, Isabel Allende books, The Royal Diaries, Wings of Fire, Warriors, Inherit Midnight, The Host, Incarceron, Artemis Fowl, Land of Stories, School for Good and Evil, Sisters Grimm, Caraval Trilogy, Stepsister, and others.
    It's been a while since I've read some of these, and I'm not in love with all of them, but I think that's a sufficient list of both recs and fandom stuff. But wait! There's more!
    (copy+pasted from other comments)
    I don’t know what you’re into, but for impactful, deep and poignant: All the Light We Cannot See, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close; for a rich and spellbinding novel on WWI, love, and Greek mythology: Lovely War; for a funny middle grade series, Percy Jackson, Storm Chaser, Keeper of the Lost Cities, Maximum Ride; for a dark, rich, enchanting high fantasy, the Caraval trilogy; for a classic, The Great Gatsby; for a fun YA, To All the Boys I Loved Before or The Cupcake Queen; for a tragic YA, The Fault in Our Stars; for a YA thriller and political and friend drama, Embassy Row trilogy; for a Victorian era comedy of manners where girls go to finishing school to become spies, Finishing School series; for a steampunk dystopian with impeccable world building and a prison that’s alive, Incarceron; for a series about books, Story Thieves or Inkheart; for a classic fiction series, Lord of the Rings, the Chronicles of Narnia, or A Wrinkle in Time; for a murder mystery-coming of age-romance-nature-adult novel, Where the Crawdads Sing; for a scandalous, twisting, glitzy dystopian trilogy, The Thousandth Floor; for just straight up brilliance, tears, laughter, and YA fun (some mature references, kind of like The Fault in Our Stars but not explicit), Hope and Other Punch Lines. Land of Stories, School for Good and Evil, Sisters Grimm; for a dark and breathtaking Cinderella spin, Stepsister; for an intriguing fantasy series, Magisterium; for a middle-grade, lighthearted modern fantasy, Children of the Red King (Charlie Bone); for a mind-melting, ingenious, hilarious urban sci-fi, The Accelerati Trilogy (highly recommend!); for a supernatural spin on a classic, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies; for a sparkling romance, royal drama, intrigue, strong female friendships, fiery redheads, and people who stand up for what's right, The Selection series.

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

I have started the series you asked to be notified for! The Life of a Fifteen-year-old Superhero is here! <3

• RemovedUser1

Replying: Yeah. I think everyone realizes they were better off without THAT friend. And, if they were willing to behave that way, I don't know if we shoulda been friends with them anyway. It was really hard because we had been best friends since I was two, and we had always planned on spending our LIVES together. But, I think she's going down the wrong path. I learned a lot from that experience, including how NOT to treat someone, :).

• kealoha

re: that's awesome! i think a lot of your poetry would make great songs! i think how they relate to the hunger games is really cool :) oooh those are all great songs! i totally get what you mean about fav songs changing all the time, i don't think i can ever choose just one song lol. level of concern is amazingggg though

Re: Maybe you've heard of the Hebrew word l'chaim? Like in The Fiddler on the Roof? It's a similar thing.

Re: Haha! So he was asking how I pronounced FOtter, something I made up on the spot, and I said F'Otter. You basically pronounce the F sound and then the word Otter. Like fu--otter but without over-pronouncing/emphasizing the U. I'd give you some examples with Arabic words, but that prooobably wouldn't help XD.

Reply: I dunno, Anne Blackwood made it lol ask her :\

Re: Thanks so much <3

• kealoha

re: Yeah lol, you should try learning something! Piano and ukulele are pretty easy to start out with. Especially if you just want to learn chords with piano :) what do you like to write about in songs?

• birthdaycandles

Replying: Oh yeah! I’m thinking of an environmental science degree (I think a degree is the same as a major in the American system lol but I’m not sure). I’d love to study about the environment around me and learn more about how we as humanity are going to adapt to the ever changing climate! Nonsense writing hmm, sounds like a challenge, thank you for the suggestion :)

• ~Zoe N~

Re: thanks, I've just been doing a lot of homework and writing, I'm also going camping this weekend so thats fun :)

Re: I'm pretty good. I just woke up lol, but so far I'm alright. You?

• kealoha

re: Hey! I'm doing good, how are you? Ooo I'll definitely keep you in mind! I can also help with lyrics and such if you ever need some advice :)

• mindfruit

Re: Wow, that must be tough. But it's great that you turned to writing to help you sort out your feelings. Thanks for sharing too, I know it's a personal thing, and I admire your courage to put this experience out into the world.

• RemovedUser1

Woah, woah, woah. First off, this is freakin’ amazing. Second off, is this real?? Did someone actually do this to you? Because you give me their address and I will SMACK them to next Tuesday. I feel very offended for you, if this is true. But, I love the mentions of the crown and the throne, but really how they hurt you. I can completely understand this, you know that. It seems like we loved them with everything we had, dreamed of times with them, but they knew all along they didn’t need us. And, finally, we realize we don’t need them. This is beautiful in a heartbreakingly way.
    I can here to tell you that Chapter 4 is out: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/195622/version/399851 . I really hope you like it!

• V-Rose

Whoa! Is he still bugging your mind? Well, I'm here. And I promise I won't just disappear. *looks around my room worriedly for kidnappers* I hope. ;)

• ~Zoe N~

Love this poem!! How are you, my friend? What's up, I have been writing a series if you want to check it out! :)

Re: Psh. Expert. Hah. The last lines just really got me heh "So I don’t play with fire
    But I still know how to fly" ;)

Positively beautiful!!! Wonderful job :)

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: I'm doing great, thanks for asking! How are you? And what is your plan for your next letter? I plan to write a letter by President Snow.
    Also...yeah, I'm not really one for sharing names online, my dad has super strict rules about that. But if you really want to know, how about we exchange emails so that I can tell you without anyone else being able to see it?

This piece is just wonderfully sad/powerful/incredible/amazing/no words can describe it...
    Reply: :)

• ~madeline~

Re: If I didn't cry, I definitely almost did. I'm not too free with my tears, so that's actually saying a lot XD I haven't seen the movies but I really want to!! I need to find time to watch them on my own cause my siblings don't want to watch them for whatever reason :| I think they think it would be too scary, but I want to see them sooooo bad!!!!

• ~madeline~

Re: it was so good!!! I love things that evoke emotion and that series totally did!

• ~madeline~

This is so beautiful!!!! I love it!! And no prob! I love all of your pieces :) especially the HG ones and you should get double credit since you introduced me to the books on the first place XD

Cool piece! :P
    I'm pretty good!! I finally got a fairly solid diagnosis for my condition, which is amazing, and I'll post an update for that soon.

• Livsnjutare

Awwwe! This is so sad!!
    :D

• (sk)eyesofocher

it's sooooo good! And I'm great, how are you?

Re: Yea usually I would, but my parents said no.. oh well

• mindfruit

Woah woah, this poetry is amazing! Especially those lines "You had it all/I made you a throne/Of my admiration/I wove you a crown/Out of the flowers in my heart/That symbolize what you meant to me " It almost has a bitter, break-up vibe to it. Is it based off of any novel? (the last two lines remind me of HG, but I don't think this is HG).