anemoia (#words)

WtW's resident "the cool cousin you see once a year, but the conversation you guys were having a long time ago picks up where it left off without missing a beat" (says rosi willard)

Child of God
logophile
volleyballer

Female

updates ad of 12.10.20: republishing because i kinda liked this piece...
Anything. Thank you! <3

same old new beginnings, same old tired endings

11
He said, “Let’s run away, let’s see this country 
Before it’s torn apart
We’ll see the free, we’ll see the brave
Everything from L.A. to Maine.”
And she thought it sounded nice.
And he thought it could fix them.

Reality is a cruel tyrant
Reality makes fools of them
Room with a view, then they forget
All the destruction below.

This is a new horizon
But this is the same sunrise
Same old new beginnings
Same old tired endings
From one vista point to the next
Does not change a thing

Their dreams and nightmares, they chase them
While they flee to the East Coast
Pretend they chase adventure
Trying to escape all the while
Through busy streets and quaint small towns
Through the land they sang they loved
Nothing can stop what’s already begun.

Reality is a cruel tyrant 
Reality is making fools of us
Room with a view, so we forget
All the dark ugly below.

This is a new horizon
But this is the same sunrise
Same old new beginnings
Same old tired endings
From one vista point to the next
Does not change a thing

Stones, skipping on the sea
Stonewalled yet again by her
Stonewall Jackson statue
Stones, smooth under his feet
Stone-faced silences
Stoned, one night on the beach
Stone-cold hearts in Maine.

This is a new horizon
But this is the same sunrise
Same old new beginnings
Same old tired endings
From one vista point to the next
Does not change a thing

From one vista point to the next
Does not change a thing

Reality was a cruel tyrant
Reality made fools of us
Room with a view, made us forget
All the cold, cold things below.
This was originally a song called "vista point," but I know nothing about music or how to set lyrics to music. Also, I couldn't find any rhythm that seemed right, so I wrote it as a poem. It tells a better story as a poem anyway. If you want to see it as lyrics, comment below and I'll publish another version with the verses, pre-chorus, chorus, etc. labeled. 

This is so cool! I could totally see it as a song; I love how it tells a tragic story. It really shows how what these two people did was kind of meaningless.

• Sanjana Sunilkumar

Truly amazing!

• Wisp

I know you're on an indefinite hiatus, but I just wanted to say thank you to you. Recently I hit a milestone of 107 followers, and I just wanted to extend my gratitude. You have no idea how much your support means to me and how much it has encouraged me to continue writing. You've always been incredibly kind to me and for that I give you my thanks. It means a lot to me that you'd stop and read my pieces, to the point that you'd follow me for it. I am so deeply thankful for all the kindness I have received from you because it means so much. You've definitely boosted up my morale on more than one occasion and I just wanted to give you my thanks for that. Thank you for everything and I hope your hiatus treats you well!
    (Also, I'm doing a dust jacket, so if you have any questions, send them my way!)

• Wisp

Okay I can't help but agree with the comments below me, this would absolutely make a fantastic song. I love the repetitiveness of
    "Reality was a cruel tyrant
    Reality made fools of us
    Room with a view, made us forget"
    There's just something in that that creates a powerful basis and image for the rest of the poem to be fleshed out and all. I kinda get this "carpe diem" feeling from this piece, as if to change things up a little--as if to try new things and experience all the things you've ever wanted. There's something lovely in that message and I think you bring that out so wonderfully in this poem. I adore this and I have to say that the quotations part at the beginning was by far my favorite.

oh wow this is so great!! i love this so so much!
    /Through the land they sang they loved
    Nothing can stop what’s already begun./
    i dont know why but this line^ is so beautiful!

• ~wildflower~

I completely agree with journal.screams - this is a lovely poem and it would make a fantastic song! The title is great, and I especially love these lines: “This is a new horizon/But this is the same sunrise”
    Re: thanks for replying to my comment too!! Hehe I’m happy you liked my way-too-poetic-rambling-comment. And you and your mum are making a blog about that? That’s so cool! Let me know when you’ve finished it - I would absolutely love to check it out!
    It’s funny because I’m always looking for hopeful things too and people always say that I’m an optimist
    , but I feel like I’m more of a pessimist. I think I might just be pessimistic internally in my thoughts and stuff but show something different on the outside, without even realising!
    I also just noticed your list of favourite words in your profile and I love it! I also have a list of my favourite words written down, but I never thought to put them in my profile. I think I might do it too if you don’t mind? I’ve seen the word ‘sonder’ around but I only looked it up for the first time now and I LOVE it! I actually experienced it just this morning on the way to school, when I saw someone in their car crying and realised that a thousand different people had driven right where I was driving and looked out the window at the same things. I’m adding that to my list of favourite words!!
    Sorry for over-sharing again! This is a wonderful poem :)

• journal.scribbles

This would make an amazing song! I know nothing about setting lyrics to music either lol. Do you have a friend that does? Sometimes I'll write the lyrics and my friend will do the music part. This is just such a creative and unique concept for a song, or even just a poem. I mean, it's great as a poem too. Okay, Imma stop rambling now. Amazing piece!