Paisley Blue

she/her | minnesotan
INFP-T, lesbian, christian
--
est. June 2, 2020

absolutely in love with words
theater geek and musician
trying to spread kindness and love and all that jazz <3

tell me what's on your mind
:)

Ongoing series:
~ The Mountain and Back (with Lexi Birken) ~
~ Queerly Beloved (with sunshinebaby) ~
~Listening Through The Static (poetry collection) ~

--

Currently reading: Leaves of Grass, by Walt Whitman

"And I will show that nothing can happen more beautiful than death,
And I will thread a thread through my poems that time and event are compact,
And that all the things of the universe are perfect miracles, each as profound as any."
-Song of Myself (Leaves of Grass, Walt Whitman)

--

Making my way through this world, trying to help as many people as I can.

énouement

25

memories and mist swirl around my frozen form, leaving
no trace of what could have been, in the damp chill that never leaves for long.
and there's so much i never thought i'd know, so much
i never thought i'd be. but here i am, watching the world pass me by
flung into the depths of a river deep and wide
drowning in the pain, the ache in my heart, when i couldn't help you
i wished i knew what to do. i smile because if i don't laugh, i'll cry.
the train pulls into the station and i know i have no choice
still, something in me wants to run,
something in me wants to stay behind and forget the world, forget
what has forgotten me. there's no reason to stay, but that is reason enough.
still, while the silence pounds in my ears, i feel the lullaby of simple assurance that
someday is today and tomorrow never came
face of the future will never look my way
so i board the train, let my breath fog the window,
look out into the gray. there i see someone who could be me,
if not for the faint look of hope on their face
who i might have become, watching the trail of smoke rise into the
endless sky, waving goodbye, simply striving to survive.
https://www.dictionaryofobscuresorrows.com/post/34300648208/%C3%A9nouement

énouement - the bittersweetness of having answers, seeing how things turn out, but not being able to share them with your past self 

• AmethystsAlias

Re: I love her so much! Her personality rocks! Tbh my first fictional crush was Percy Jackson, because anyone who reads PJO had a crush on him at one point, yknow? Right now I would say Ginny Weasley or Cedric Diggory are my fictional crushes

Re: Funny story.... I haven't actually read Looking for ALaska. My mom insists I'm not ready to read it (thank you mom!), but I really really really want to. My friend read it, told me all about it, and shared the quote with me. It's become one of my favorites. I love John Green, though. His writing is so relatable and funny and poetic and sad and beautiful. I've read Paper Towns and TFIOS... Paper Towns is my favorite book by him. What is your favorite John Green book? <3 <3 <3

• Mia2004

RE: Awww thank you <3 I love yours too xx
    I use to have a rainbow one, but then I fell more in love with purple.

Re: Jane Austen is the best! All her work is hilarious. I love P+P, especially Lizzy. She's such a strong character. I haven't read Emma, it's on my list, but I've read Northanger Abbey which is also pretty good (although Catherine, the main character, is so ignorant it's kinda annoying). What I really want to read is "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" by Anne Bronte, but my mom says it's too mature for me (deals with domestic abuse).
    80ssss music! Yay! I love Journey even though they are overrated. Walk Like AN Egyptian by the Bangles is my current 80s fav. I have an 80s playlist on Spotify with like 75 songs, so it's hard to choose a favorite! XD <3 <3 <3

replying: yes, they've all been on wtw before! and thank you for your submission :)

OH MY GOSH! This is simply brilliant! It honestly made me tear up... How did you do this? It's almost a song of a sweet, melancholy goodbye. I love the metaphor of boarding a train, too. I can't stop thinking about this... and these lines: "something in me wants to stay behind and forget the world, forget/ what has forgotten me. there's / no reason to stay, but that is reason enough./ still, while the silence pounds in my ears, i/ feel the lullaby of simple assurance that/ someday is today and tomorrow never came." I am still crying... Also, I love the Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows! I spend hours on there sometimes. ANyway... you are a phenomenal writer.

• Abrianna

Thanks Ella! and wow! you really did great on this one. and I like you're Leaves of Grass, quote, have you read that whole book?

• midnight.summerrose

WOW!!! So amazing!! :) I love it, your writing is so good and you're so talented!!

• AmethystsAlias

It's beautiful isn't it?! I LOVE IT SO MUCH AND I AM SO DOWN TO TALK ABOUT IT! Have an amazing day yourself!

• AmethystsAlias

Re: Tagatha is the ship name between Tedros and Agatha in the world of School for Good and Evil

replying: aww thank you so much,that means alot to me.i'm so happy you liked the piece:)

• .amelia.

This is amazingly vivid, which has thus created a beautifully devastating mood in the poem
    the imagery is amazing!!
    Great job :)

re: thank you so much for your feedback on Melancholy (like...15 days ago lol) it was quite useful

• LindytheDarkRaven (#Spookified)

AAACK I DIDNT COMMENT ON THIS HOW DARE I
    THIS IS BEAUTIFULLLLLLLLLL AND SO GOOD AND I LOVE HOW YOU WRITE AHHH

thank you dear i've missed your sweet heart.it means so much that you came to check on me.i have left a long comment on my new piece with some explanation. i'm basically falling asleep now but i'll try talk more tomorrow<3

• Ghoulgirl2020 (#Queenie's Halloween | I have been called Cool before if you know what I mean) ;)

I have started the series you asked to be notified for! The Life of a Fifteen-year-old Superhero is here! <3

• almost flora kane

have i really not said how amazing this piece is??
    also re: thank you for the title idea! i've landed on "a world of gray" for now. i posted a part 2 if you're interested:)

• mia_:)

hey!! of course you can use the title!! i love the piece!! simply lovely!

aaa i love this piece! it embodies the meaning of the words so clearly- "someday is today and tomorrow never came "- how pretty is that? lovely work!

• Abby.a

this is so beautiful. stunning. i am blown away. i love this so, so much. ahhHHHHHHHH

• lochnessie

re: <3
    hugs and lamingtons FOREVER,
    ness

• anonymous_123

Chapter 2 is finally out! Sorry for the long wait. It’s the romance novel for Hes here. The new chapters will come out every Wednesday! Sorry again for such a long what! I promise to be more on task with that! Thank you for checking it out and have a blessed day!

• lochnessie

re: that's okay... after i put up the message board i got some comments from a few different people and although i respect everyone's right to their beliefs i don't know that i belong here like i thought i did XD. anyway i'm just on hiatus for a bit while i work that out.

• lochnessie

re: all good, have emailed support!

• lochnessie

hi again!
    would you know how to delete an account?
    hugs and lamingtons, ness

• lochnessie

re: haha yeah i just seem to keep adding more i need to stop

• beth r.

re: NO. thats not what i meant you're like one of my fav writers XD

• lochnessie

re: awww thank you <33
    hahah my conditions of following are extremelyy important

• lochnessie

ohhh stunning

• beth r.

re: yours is so wonderfully unique, i don't think i could catogorize it lol

• beth r.

diction is beautiful!
    re: thanks!