~madeline~

euphoria fashioned from stanzas of

disillusionment

est. 8.19.20

Not based on any real life experiences XD

Frozen in Fall

9
Candy coated trees shine bright in the afternoon sun. A crisp autumn breeze tickles my skin and blows my hair across my face. If only I could freeze time forever. If only I could keep the seasons the same and stand here forever with him beside me. But I know that soon frost will chill the leaves and they will fall faster than I can blink. One second I will be standing in a forest of color, the next I will be buried by the dead and dried leaves. But even the impending doom can't stop me from enjoying this moment. My hand reaches down to touch his beside me. Our fingers intertwine and I'm afraid that my next breath will never escape my throat. Somehow the leaves are my emotions and the breeze is my heart and I can't stop it beating no matter how hard I try. Slowly, my head bends in the breeze and my shoulders slump until I am relaxed with my shoulder on his head. If only we could stay like this forever. But the leaves keep floating onward, higher and higher until they are gone. 

• October 15, 2020 - 11:10am (Now Viewing)

• ~Zoe N~

Hey, part 6 is out of my story, sorry it's rlly wierd

• RemovedUser1

Wow, this is beautiful! I love the language and imagery. The story is perfect too. Great job!
    Replying: Oof, that would hurt too! I have a boot now, but it’s like 5 pounds XD. And the swelling was terrible for me, too!
    Oh, that stinks. I would hate having to go back. I can graduate early if I can get ahead in Math. Right now I’m in Pre-Algebra, but I skipped the last half of the last class, so I have to struggle my way along XD.
    Yeah, why did they change the grades from numbers and names in highschool? XD.
    My old co-op was like that. This one is kinda like that, but it’s much larger and more school XD. It’s all science, but I still LOVE it.
    It’s jut a lot MORE. More classes, more requirements, more days, more grading, more information, more, more, more. Before, we were kinda un-schoolers (if ya know what I mean) and now I’m still adjusting XD. But it’s all good.

• Rachaelgrace

So good! Amazing :D

• Huba Huba

This is so prettyyyyyyyy!
    I love your language, it's absolutely beautiful.

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: thanks. Both are true, and they are things that need to be sent but I don't think I'll be able to face the second, and the first I'll never see again.

also wow that was a long comment haha. Get me talking about art and I'll ramble forEVER! This piece is so amazing! I love it so so much! The imagery is stunning! Your wording is perfect!! This makes me love fall even more and it's already my fav season haha

replying: Oh i can totally relate! School for me is becoming crazy with my new work schedule as well. I shouldn't even be on WTW rn cause I have so much to do XD
    I love drawing dancers too! But i recently found drawing skaters (skateboard, rollerskates--any skate lol) is kinda fun as well. The movement and body language is fun to try and capture. I love drawing gestures. Try looking them up and practicing. It's basically an exercise to focus on the basic silhouette and shading in a scribbling style. it's fun cause there's no way to do it wrong and it's very hard to mess up XD. I usually do 1 minute gestures (set a timer and scribble your shape for the amount of time). The focus is on the movement and "sway/line of action" instead of little details.
    Okay totally rambled on gestures haha. I love disney style art! Mad hatter is my fav character to draw!
    As for digital, I use Adobe photoshop on a Huion tablet (a special screen for digital art) photoshop works with layering art and it takes a but to learn but so does every other program. I have tried a friend's procreate account and that is SO MUCH FUN! It's easier too cause you can use it on an ipad instead of a computer with a tablet (plus it's wayy cheaper). I really recommend trying out digital art. Something about it is just so much fun. It is very different than traditional but at the same time not. Idk how to explain. Try it tho if you have a chance!! I do put some of my stuff on pinterest if you have that (Lexi Jade). Now i wanna see your art!!! All i can say is practice practice practice! Find your style and elaborate in it. Art is so unique for everyone--i think that's a main reason i love it.

re: thank you!! and you're pretty much close, i'm 15, turning 16 on sunday. i totally get that though, lol.

• AJ - Izzy

Holy moly, this is adorable! I absolutely love the imagery you've painted, it's so beautiful and I'm looking at this thinking, wow, that's a place I wouldn't want to leave either. Amazing writing :)