Syzygy (#words) (J.A.M)

SYZYGY (#words)
J.A.M.
Corinne
14
Female (she/her)
Straight
CJCLDS
Dreamer
Anxiety
Reader
Webtoon Geek ;)
Music Must-Have
#giveusbackourwords
Middle child and only girl :w:

Hello Lovelies! Thank you so much for 200+ followers! It's insane how many of you I've had the chance to get to know. I LOVE YOU! I can't believe it has yet to be a year!

New here? Go check out Dmoral's piece to get you started!
https://writetheworld.com/groups/
1/shared/132307/version/254176

Well, I have exciting news! Busssy.Beee and I are doing a collaboration! We're so excited to share "As Fate Would Have Us" with you, and we hope that everyone is excited too! Go check out the trailer!
https://writetheworld.com/groups/
1/shared/203788/version/418460

I'm slipping, into the deep end
I'm in over my head, can't catch my breath
"Deep End" - Ruelle

Together Until The End, Daphanie | Tribute to a friend who died of brain cancer

22
    I smiled at her through the tears, clasping her cold, small hand tight. She couldn’t smile back, but I could tell she was grateful, and happy, and loved. I kissed the top of her bald head, pressing my face against it as I held back the waterworks.
    “I’m okay,” she said, squeezing my hand lightly. I knew that was a lot of effort for her to do, and it comforted me a little that she was still fighting, still so strong.
    “I’m not,” I laughed, blubbering. I wiped at my face with my red sleeve and grimaced at the large wet spot it left. “I don’t know what I’m going to do without you, kid.”
    She watched me carefully from behing dim amber eyes. “You’re going to continue what I’ve started,” she finally whispered, voice croaking. “You’re going to live long, and happily.”
    “I don’t know, Daph,” I sighed, burying my face in my hands. “You’re such a bright light. My world is a little dimmer when you’re not around. And now you’re leaving me forever.”
    She glanced at the monitor beside her bed, and didn’t say anything for a long time. The hospital was a quiet place. At least, it was in this wing. “I’ll still be here, you know,” she finally told me, eyeing me. “In your mind and heart. I’m not truly gone.”
    “But I can’t hug you,” I argued.
    “You weren’t allowed to hug me anyway.”
    We went quiet again, wringing our hands together and looking out the large window in the room. “If you could have lived without brain cancer,” I started, “would you?”
    “No,” she admitted quietly. “I would not have lived without it.”
    “Why? You’re only seven. Think about how much more you could have done.”
    “Because think of all the people I wouldn’t have met, and the joy I wouldn’t have brought the people around me.” She thought for a moment. “I see the way my friends and family look at me. I help them by continuing even as I’m dying.”
    “You’re too pure for this world, Daphanie,” I choked out, swallowing down the bitterness in my throat.
    “Then it’s a good thing I’m not going to be here for much longer,” she joshed, hacking when she coughed.
    “I love you, Daph.”
    “Love you too, my friend,” she said. We paused again. “Can you tell me one last story?” she asked softly, her voice nearly gone.
    “Anything for you,” I replied, wiping my tears with the back of my hand. I took a moment to collect myself before starting. “Once, there was a beautiful princess who lived in the highest kingdom-”
    I continued as time went on, and as Daphanie’s life slowly slipped away from us. Not only half an hour after starting, she finally went limp, and her beautiful eyes became glossed over. I quietly stood, pressing one last kiss on her cold forehead before exiting the room.
Word Count: 487 

For those of you who don't know, when I was younger, there was a girl in second grade who died of brain cancer. She and I were always at the nurse's office together, laughing and talking. Finally, life slipped out of her grasp. I like to think she's in a good place. 

• October 20, 2020 - 9:31am (Now Viewing)

• Bluesno

Oh wow.... this is so so so so beautiful <3

*cries unashamedly* this is heartbreaking and so so so so so beautiful <333333

• AliMuscles04

Wow. That is so sad, and so well done. It is hard to witness the death of someone close.

I did a series that is very similar to this. It's called A Tribute To Four if you're interested, there are five total parts.

• Bhavya's Treasure

I hope she is in a better place! <3
    You've poured out your feelings here so well. I feel she has read this and is so proud of you... :)
    May God protect everyone!

• acrosstheuniverse28

This was so well written, and I felt my heart breaking write along with you. I'm so sorry she's gone, but the strength, both physical and emotional, you portrayed her with astound me. She'll never be forgotten, and she IS in a better place now <3

• em wilder

Woah... The way you wrote this.... brilliant! I can see it happening and the tears and the stark white hospital room... It must have been hard to write this. I'm tearing up now... I don't want to say "I'm sorry" because it seems way to cliché, but I am sorry. Sorry that this little girl didn't have a future. Okay, I'll stop now. Good job and keep writing and I like to think she's in a better place, too.

• Rohan’s Defender

Oh my gosh I am SO SORRY! This piece was heartbreaking. Oh my...
    But she is definitely on a better place now, and she sounds like a complete angelic girl. I am so sorry, but this is an incredible tribute to her. Sending thoughts and prayers!

• mystifiedtulip

nooooooo you're going to make me cryyyy - or actually, i already did. ;,(

this was a heartfelt piece - i hope that she's in a better place! ;)

• Mpm#1

Wow, cue the waterworks. I’m so sorry. I hope that she’s in a better place now. <3

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

T-T This made me cry so bad...may she rest in peace.

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Eight People To Go has just been updated!

• Cata Londo

Reply: Just wanted to say thanks... Also, loved your piece!

• Busssy.Beee

This is such a gorgeous piece. Stunning! I'm speechless...

• Hazen

tears. I'm sorry.

Please excuse me while I cry about the unjust life everyone has. this is so sad, but I hope Daphne is in a better place now. I pray for her family and friends, and know that she will never be forgotten.

• (sk)eyesofocher

I want to write a really deep comment but I think I'll start crying so
    I will second everyone else's comment and go cryyyy
    (I'm so sorry Mellon)

AJSJLDJSF NOOOO T-T MY HEART 3

• doodleninja

beautiful heartbreaking piece. It's amazing that her memory has stuck with you all these years, so she lives on in a different sort of way. :)

• queenie

Aw, my heart hurts, but in a good way, knowing that she's in a good place. I'm not a religious person, but I like to think that life comes full circle, and the people that do the best they can in life are rewarded with happiness. I'm sorry for your loss. This piece was beautiful.