Paisley Blue

they/them | 6.2.2020
lesbian & genderfluid | christian

full of wonder

hey, this is sorta all over the place, sorry!! but i hope you like it--i think i do! idk, it's late lol. hope you all are having a great day/evening/night!! <3

soft mutterings of acceptance

17

let the water cascade over you, running through
your hair, sponge the smell of fake smiles from your palms,
scour away every last memory of a life that doesn't belong to you
shoulders tense, let them drop with a sigh. rub raw fingers against your eyes, 
wash away the soap that cleanses beneath the skin
scrub away the mess hidden within, count down the seconds-
one... two... three...
begin

the softest silk scratches your skin, your smile, your soul,
weeping for what we've never known
innocence smells like a baby, denial on the tip of your tongue
endurance lasts as long as the ink scraped from your skin
blades and words cutting deep and leaving a sense of
missing out. and maybe ignorance is bliss,
so look away when the truth knocks at your door (you never learned her name, anyways)
it's not polite to stare--close blind eyes as a precaution.
they always told you "you'll be fine" and maybe they thought they were right
and maybe you did too, but in the whispers of the wind you'll hear the truth,
maybe you don't have to be

• October 13, 2020 - 9:07am (Now Viewing)

• JustAnotherDarling

currently gasping for air because "innocence smells like a baby, denial on the tip of your tongue" has left me breathless. this is such an austere, regal view on acceptance, and i've never loved anything more!
    Re: thank you so much! i'm glad it wasn't Too intense *phew* as for part two... the right words are falling into place....slowly, but surely :)

• almost flora kane

oh i love this piece it is absolutely wonderful. the title is such a beautiful choice of words. and also re: thank you so much! i'm glad you enjoyed the piece. and i think there has been some kind of error going on because i've been finding that i'm not following people i knew i did. it's kinda funny, but it lets me check out people's new stuff so. whateves:P

• beth r.

gorgeous!
    re: thanks so much for the advice!

• (sk)eyesofocher

petition to get this girl on a train to Writer's Olympus because she is a word GODDESS

• queenie

re:
    i wasn't even thinking about it-but i have a halloween chapter in mind that could be hamilton related

• queenie

OH CRAP. NO, I ACTUALLY WASN'T THINKING ABOUT HAMILTON AT ALL.
    NOW I THINK I SHOULD MAKE A HAMILTON AU
    Lu - Eliza
    Reggie - Angelica
    Melody - Peggy

Ezra - Hamilton??
    (jk jk but srsly I didn't even notice the hamilton vibes until you pointed them out)

re: you are ever so sweet and lovely!! aww ily girlie <3

• roo.writes

i love this!! another great piece as always, paisley blue! my favorite line is "close blind eyes as a precaution". It means a lot of different things all at once and also just generally sounds cool. can't wait to see what you write next!

• dream02

AMAZING!!!!
    Re: aww thx!!

This is so beautiful! From the start to end I love every part of this!

• Dmoral

your opening was breathtaking, the imagery was everything. and your diction in this piece was brilliantly picked, i adore it. favorite lines "but in the whispers of the wind you'll hear the truth," & "innocence smells like a baby, denial on the tip of your tongue / endurance lasts as long as the ink scraped from your skin"---but honestly? i loved this whole piece. simplicity is beauty, that's how i would describe this--it's also the feel i got from it.

• abby.a

........... so. about those writing lessons?? also, i've already cried too many times today bc of mental ilness and bloom (AHHHHHHHHHHH) but if i had any tears left to spare, this would have brought them forward with the delicately spun words.