Kit-Kat Sully {Child of God}

John 3:16-17
Romans 10:9-10
"If I don't agree with what you want me to agree
If you get offended at the words I speak
Then the world locks me up so that nobody can see
That it's truth, that it's truth, that it's truth
So cancel me."

Here's poem number 8 based on J.R.R. Tolkien's stories and characters. Check out the other 7 in my series of LOTR poems: Arwen's Choice & Rivendell, The Betrayal of Sam, Gimli & The Fellowship Descend Into Khazad-dûm (The Mines of Moria), Faramir's Pain & Joy, Galadriel Passes The Test, Éowyn- Shieldmaiden of Rohan, and Sméagol Dies, and Gollum is Born. Thanks for reading! Enjoy!
Your friend,

- Kit-Kat Sully

Frodo's Travels

5
Hobbiton-a place where comfort and safety have always been.

The place I call my home.

Despite the relaxed and easy-going life we Hobbits lead, this little hole has been a refuge to me.

I've longed for an adventure like my uncle, Bilbo,

And now here I am, away from that place, leaving all I've known.

Leaving my home. 

Though it's true, I'm not alone; this Ring sometimes makes me feel like I am.

Now the Fellowship surrounds me, and I feel a little at ease, but how long will that last?

Strider-I mean Aragorn, and Legolas, Gimli, Boromir, and even Gandalf all have seen and fought the foul Orcs.

Those creatures and the Nazgûl constantly search for the ring that I now wear around my neck.

How my heart stopped, and my blood froze when the Ringwraiths stood over Merry, Pippin, Sam, and me.

I couldn't possibly come near them again, and now, here we are traveling towards the Dark Lord's dominion; to Mount Doom!

Sam puts his arm around me, and I remember that I'm not the only one who feels this way. 

My homeland friends are here, and that's good, but still only of small comfort.

Gandalf, Aragorn, and Legolas look so brave, so in control of their emotions--especially Legolas.

I don't believe I have ever seen a glint of fear in his eyes this whole journey!

The weight of this ring, the weight of the all Middle Earth upon my shoulders.

"Courage," I tell myself, "Bravery; you will make it." 

As the Ringbearer, my friends will willingly die so that I can complete my mission.

The thought grieves me.

But they are all here now; safe. 

Somehow I know we will all make it out alive. 

• October 25, 2020 - 11:37am (Now Viewing)

• LaurenBeeWrites

Re: I should have clarifed this in the title, my bad, but part one of SBITT is called Cystal Tears In A Lake Of Solitude

• LaurenBeeWrites

Re: Thanks for the comment too! I wish to continue the mermaid story. It might take a little while for the next part. I'm currently about to finish round one of edits for my novel and prepping for NaNoWriMo. Provided I finish edits soon, I would love to get another part out before I start NaNoWriMo. I will def try to let you know! Thanks for the support!!!!

• LaurenBeeWrites

Really good tone in this and it flows great! Re: Thanks for the follow! I just followed you back!

• Figwit

Re: I didn't know that! That's pretty cool :) I have a copy of the Hobbit written in Latin, which I can only sorta read... Legolas is kind of a more static character in LotR. I'm pretty sure one of the only things he says to Frodo in the first movie is "and my bow!", so he might be a little harder to write about... idk

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Re: aw thanks! Sounds great!

• rising_bd

Hi Kit-Kat, oh Idk...should I say, Kit...only or the whole? I just found out your pieces and they are really gorgeous! Hope I read more of them! Great Job!

This is a joy to read. I feel at home with the characters, yet seeing it from a new view. Sam is one of my favorite characters, btw.
    IT IS SO AWESOME THAT YOU'RE A PUBLISHED AUTHOR, but where/how do I find your book? I looked up Alice's Adventures on Amazon (that is your book, right?) but all that comes up is Lewis Carroll's classic.

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Also, part 13 of the collab is out!

• Figwit

Re: Also, I have no idea why I like Gollum... I think it probably has something to do with the fact that he's such a wretched character. He got a chance at redemption, and almost made it, but lost his strength to fight the pull of the Ring. It just makes me feel kinda bad for him, you know? Fun fact: In the LotR books, Gollum is described as being "as dark as darkness," but in the movies, he's white/grey. I guess too many bad guys wear black?

• Figwit

Re: I don't know... I think the friendship between Legolas and Gimli is super great, and the scene where they're having a competition to see how many orcs they can kill is pretty funny :) I have a lot of art from the four-year-old me, too XD

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Re: thank you! I do not have my own horse, but I take lessons at a stable. I did three events, and I got two second place ribbons and a first place! :)

• Figwit

This is so great!!! I'll definitely check out your other LotR poems :)
    Re: I do a lot of random drawing. I used to do a lot of animals. For several years, I had them up on the walls of my bedroom, since my younger sister like them. I got tired of them, so I took them down and sorted out all of my tons of artwork (most of which was awful) and put them in binders. They aren't very neatly sorted, but it works! Lately, I've been doing mostly people.

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

To Savanna: aww. And great!! Thank you so much! I have copied and pasted the link, so I can contact you there too!! I’m so glad we can still talk, I would be so upset if we couldn’t! I’ll talk soon. Keep smiling! <3

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

Re: hi Kit-Kat! I’m doing well thank you! What about you? I’m not sure about the next chapter. I’ve Ben really busy (I had a horseback riding show yesterday). But I’ll hopefully get it done soon! Thank you so much for the message from Savanna! You’re such a good friend to be the one in the middle for us!

• queenie

uh, yeah i am. i don't know how the hashtag started - the gist of it was that i made a post telling users i would give them a "spooky" username in place of their normal one. (re: queenie hawthorne could be turned into "ghoulie hawthorne" idk)

• Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

LOVVVEEEEE LOVEEEEE LOVEEEEEEEE THISSSS!