beth r.

~just your average teenage writer~

tell me if i got any details wrong

a wtw history lesson: the great migration and more

17
Once upon a time, in a land far, far away (also known as the internet), there was a kingdom. Ah yes, a kingdom called Write the World. A kingdom where the princess' dresses were made of silky prose and the knight's swords of daring tales. Sorcerers crafted spell-binding potions of enchanting vocabulary. It was a happy place, full of friendship and unity.
One fateful day, the king held up a yellowed scroll to the kingdom. It read something new- a list of rules.
Guidelines, to be exact.
The princess, knights, and sorcerers were dismayed. Their craft would have to be altered to fit the new rules, their friendships strained with a lack of communication. 
Change is hard, and can be unfair.
Many fled the land, to another far away place, the land of Prose. This became known as 'The Great Migration'.
Others stayed in the land.
This very land, that you, reader, now reside in.
Welcome, to Write the World- a land of all powerful beings, known as writers. 

• birthdaycandles

Ah yes, I remember it like it was yesterday. I miss the migratory writers often :(

hey, i'm noticing this piece is getting a bit of attention. is it alright if i write a sort of comprehensive history lesson and kinda tie it to yours? i'm not sure if it'll be taken down or not but for safety's sake i won't link this piece, but i'll credit you in the footnotes. is that okay with you?

• journal.scribbles

Yes! I agree with Halopoet! Those who resisted the Great Migration must rebuild the kingdom! :) I love this piece. One of my favorites by you so far. :)

• Halopoet

Im proud of the people who didn't migrate to the land of prose. Lets make a happy community again!

• Turkeycracker K (a.ka. Firecracker)

I joined long after the Migration, so I don't really know any of the writers that left. Why were people acting like this place was a social media site? I like it better as a writing site.....What's Prose? Another writing site?

• Turkeycracker K (a.ka. Firecracker)

Wow! That's cool. If this were one of my stories, I'd be the writer dragon that to prove their loyalty, a knight has to come in and steal one of my papers without me knowing..... and yes I love dragons

• Kit-Kat Sully

Huh, interesting. I just searched Prose up. XD I might join that as well as being here. Yeah, like most I joined when the guidelines were released. I've been suspended (if you really want to know the context LMK) and even after that I still came back, so, I think that's the only problem I've had here. XD

• books4life

all facts

• RemovedUser1

I think I got here right as the new rules came out. I remember a few people posted and said they were going to Prose or Wattpad, but I didn’t really understand why. Is this were the #giveusourwordsback cams from? And the people who didn’t leave #westayedforthecommunity? This makes a lot of sense now! I also love how you wrote it like a story. Great job!
    Replying: Thanks! That’s cool that you volunteer at the Friendship Circle! I volunteer at my dad’s school. I’m glad you like my speech! And thanks for hoping I get better soon!

• LindytheRavenclaw

re: Im pretty gooooood making many for the holidays lol. Talked to a friend last night about at least eight fandoms so that was gooooood
    also trying not to buy myself a hat XD

• Rohan’s Defender (Rudolph’s Defender #holidayvibes)

Re: THANK YOU! You are amazing, Beth! Your comments make my day! Thank you! I’m so happy you read my pieces and leave such amazing comments! You make me smile!
    And I’m doing well!

• Jasmine khawar

OH MY GOSH!! THIS IS SO CREATIVE!! (I'm know I'm a little distracted from the point)

wtw was really a lively place before those new rules....I miss that. Some of my favorite writers also migrated.
    But, I'm not gonna leave this early!!

• LindytheRavenclaw

I was unfortunate to join RIGHT AS IT WAS HAPPENING AND I HAD NO IDEA WHAT THE HADES WAS GOING ON so this is beautiful, Mellon! How've you been?

Oh ok! I’ve heard it referenced before! Thanks for this and this is so creative! How are you today?

• ambedo & sugar cookies (#holidayvibes)

Re: oh, I see. Interesting! I guess it makes sense that social posts aren't allowed, since that would make it more of a social media platform and less of a writing community.

• lochnessie

you inspired me!

What happened before this "great migration"? What was the WtTW like?

*sigh* sadly, this is all correct... i was really only here for a fraction of time before the great migration, but still I miss it—mostly the people. I did really like this piece!!!

over there we sometimes call it "the great migration" as well! i had a good chuckle while reading this, and it's pretty accurate ngl. i do apologize for that though. i try to upload here as much as often, but honestly, i've been running dry in both places and i don't like to crosspost (though i'll still do it). y'all a really good writers, though i do mourn the loss of some really good role model writers (we're partially responsible for that though, so i can't exactly complain). nice piece!

Yep that just about sums up what happened. I really miss the migrators, even more than I miss the "social posts" that livened up this community, but I guess that's just life.

• Busssy.Beee

Ahh, yes the "great migration." I love how you worded it!