Rohan’s Defender (Hiatus)

15
[ChildOfGod]
BTS ARMY with a double bias <3
*joined in July 2020*

~ On a short hiatus… see you Monday! ~

Have a great weekend!

Fictional?

11
Define fictional? What does that mean? Fictional? 

It means that something is fake. It is someone or something that is not real.

So are books fictional?

Yes.

Hmm. Are you sure?

Yes, I’m sure. There are some books based on facts, but most of the ones you read aren’t real.

The book isn’t real?

No, the book is real. But the story isn’t.

But if the book is real, how can the story be fake?

Because it isn’t based on fact.

But a lot of things aren’t based on fact. That doesn’t mean they aren’t true. Just because you can’t prove something doesn’t mean it isn’t real.

So you’re trying to say that everything that happens in a book is real?

No. But it itself is still real.

Okay, I’m lost. 

The story is fiction. But how can a character that seems so real be fictional?

Because.... I don’t know. Maybe they’re based on real people?

But how can they be “based” on real people? That would mean they’re based on real things. On facts. You said they aren’t.

Well, the story isn’t.

But the characters are? How can factual characters live in a fictional setting?

Because it’s a book.

That’s not an answer.

Because the characters and the settings were created by the author.

So is the author fictional?

What? No! Where would you even get that idea?

You have to be real to create something real, right? So to create something fictional, are you fictional?

No. A real person can create a fictional story.

What fact is that based on?

What?

I mean, who told you that?

Um, everyone who has ever written a book?

But you haven’t written a book.

So?

So, how do you know that the story isn’t real?

Because it’s only real in the author’s mind.

But their mind is real.

Yes, it is. But the story is not.

But how-

I’m done with this conversation.

Fine. But I’m just saying, fictional characters are real.

That sentence doesn’t even make sense.

No. It doesn’t. Not to someone who has never created a story.

You are honestly trying to tell me that all your book characters are real people?

I never said that.

Yes, you did!

No. I said they were real. They are real fictional book characters. And they’re my friends.

Friends who only live in your mind?

Sometimes, the best kind of friends only live in your mind. They’re the ones you meet in the pages of books. The ones who will never leave you, even when their stories are done. They aren’t real in the sense of physical people. But they are real to the author.

You think way too much.

Probably so. But it’s what writers do. How else would we imagine and shape our own dreams with our thoughts?

Sorry if your brain is hurting now! XD But can anyone relate?

• The Ravenclaw Dragon

I totally agree with you! How can a character be fake when you think about her and her feelings for him when you're trying to fall asleep? This was really good! Keep on writing!

my brain is in circles rn, so thanks for that! :D love this! the wit... <3 <3 <3

• Turkeycracker K (a.ka. Firecracker)

Who are you talking to? Some irrational part of your mind?

• Turkeycracker K (a.ka. Firecracker)

YESSSSSS!!!!!! Someone else who thinks their characters are real and yells at in them in their head if they're distracting you!

• løne wølf [semi-hiatus]

ooooo! what an interesting perspective!

re: aww, thanks! your presence and the time you've taken to read my piece is already more than enough! <3

Yes, my brain is hurting. This was freaking brilliant. Also mind-bending. Also relatable. Now I really don't know the answer to any of these questions!
    One thing: the stylizing changes, I think? It's a little confusing as to how many speakers there are because of multiple styles.

• ~madeline~

Re: Thanks!!!!

• RemovedUser1

I don’t even want to think about this, XD. The things writers come up with... Still it’s very relatable (and definitely REAL.) Great job!
    Replying: Wow. That’s terrible. He clearly did not know who you are, because if I saw you in real life (even 3 years after we left WtW) I’d give you a beat hug! You deserve much better than that. I’m thinking you’re better of without him.
    And yeah, you read my piece “an expected visit with unexpected consequences,” you’d know I also had a friend who I thought was my best, who left me. It was hard for me because she lied and attacked my character over the phone. But I will always have your back! It is nice to have someone who understands.

• ~madeline~

Sometimes when I'm in a wierd mood I almost convince myself that the world around me is just a construct of my imagination. I also loooovvveee making up life stories of the random people I see on the street or driving cars. So fun!!! Bit this is so thought provoking!!! I love it so much!!

• beth r.

yes i relate!

• chasing sunsets

Love this! And I totally relate XD