~wildflower~

15
Loves music, nature, poetry, emotive writing, thinking
Passionate about the environment
pianist, tall
~stranded amongst the stars any trying to work out the meaning of it all~
Joined April 2020

On hiatus

Title ideas?

The Searching

11
My heart thrashes inside of me
like a foreign entity
and with each strong longing beat
out into the world it will reach
where it will search, with its lullaby
for the one who understands it better than I.

1

• Giselle

This piece is so short and potent. The use of rhyming is so lyrical and the last line finishes the poem beautifully.

• AJ - Izzy

This is gorgeous, that first line really captured me wow. "where it will search, with its lullaby for the one who understands it better than I"... this line is so incredibly powerful; literaly chillllls, this is amazing. Great writing!! :)

• Rachaelgrace

Ahhhh I love this so much. Great job!! :)

• birthdaycandles

wow this is gorgeous !

Re: oh my gosh, I feel like I totally agree with you in the pessimist/optimist thing. I get the same responses from my friends. And yes, you’re welcome to do the favorite words thing. It’s not like it’s exclusively mine. Sonder is definitely a peculiar feeling, but I love it. And there’s still a long way to go on the blog, but the ideas are there. :)

Re: Thanks for replying! Random comments make my day too. My username before was e.r.i.n. faith and I'll go back to it after October. And yeah, perspective is so important. I've always liked looking for good and hopeful things. In a way I guess I'm naturally an optimist. Somewhat. I LOVED THIS: "there’s a kind of beauty in everything, especially the lost and overlooked things, if you only look and choose to see it. " That's pretty much the exact principle on which my mom and I are going to build our blog. Your quote about the weed and wildflower reminds me exactly of a quote from The Crown by Kiera Cass: "Some see a weed. Some see a flower. Perspective," said in reference to a dandelion.
    Don't be sorry for rambling, I do it too! And thanks so much!

I love your username and profile. Totally random comment, I know. SunV's updated response to the "You in Threes" prompt led me here; I just saw your username and thought it looked cool. Plus, I love wildflowers and flowers. Especially sunflowers. Okay, shutting up now.
    Also: I like the poem. "Strong longing" sounds neat together, and I love the concept behind it. Beautiful.

• NaiadIna

Re: thank you for the comment on my piece and warm welcome! I've been on WTW since just before the historical fiction competition last month, and everyone has been very kind so far :) it's also great to find someone else who has to stare at the top of people's heads.