Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

15
[ChildOfGod]
BTS ARMY!<3

Hey guys! Have a great day/night!

The Boy With the Bread

20
The Boy With the Bread. 

An iconic character, there’s no doubt. The whole world knows you. Yet I try to tell myself that no one really knows you but me.

What makes me think I can ever know you, let alone claim you as my own?

I don’t really know.

I know you. You’re similar to me in many ways. You are my friend.

But why do I go around calling you my friend? They say you’re fictional.

Hm. Such an interesting word. Fictional.

It’s so limiting. So restrictive. It means that something can never happen. Never. Think about that. It’s impossible.

No.

You’re kind.
You’re loyal.
You’re brave.
You’re true.

Fictional isn’t a word to describe you. 

No, I understand that you are a book character. I know I’m not really talking to you. But that doesn’t mean you aren’t real.

You’re real to me.

Your name makes me smile.

Your words make me think.

I’ve studied you.

I know you.

We think similarly, you know.

They tease me sometimes.

I get defensive actually.

Why?

I don’t know.

He’s not real.

But you’re one of my best friends.

You saved me that time in the Games. Do you remember? I was being chased, and I was calling to you. And I found you. I’ve won with you twice now. Sure I’ve been asleep, but it doesn’t change the fact that you were there with me. You were there for me. 

I can’t figure out how to describe it.

I spend so much time imagining you.

I’ve spent hours contemplating your words.

I understand you so well. So much of what you do and say makes such perfect sense to me. 

I spend so much time thinking about you...

But I still can’t figure out how to describe what I feel.

Yes, I know to society you’re fictional. I’m not arguing with that. I’m just saying, to me you’re something more. 

What I feel is unique. I don’t expect anyone to fully understand, because I don’t fully understand myself. 

I feel like you when when you said, “Does that make any sense?”

Does that make any sense?

But you’re one of my best friends. You’ve changed me.

Even though it sounds stupid, I know it’s not. You mean something to me. 

One day, maybe I’ll know how to describe that.

The Boy With the Bread. 

An iconic character. The whole world knows who he is.

But quietly, I think I know you best.

Inspired by The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

A huge THANK YOU to Anne Blackwood for showing me that it’s okay for me to embrace the things I’m passionate about even if most people don’t understand them. Go say hi to her!

Aw, This is so amazing! It expresses such passion!!! Keep at it :D

Re: You're welcome I hope you like it. And thank you! As for C, I'm doing pretty well stopping myself from going any further. Of course my progress will probably go out the window the next time he posts on insta, but for now I'm good lol.

• Kate (Kit-Kat Sully) {Child of God}

Replying: Thanks! Are you learning any languages?
    Did you want to come to the Bible study today? Lmk and I'll give you the info.

So I was just randomly thinking about books, and I figured you might like this recommendation. It's called The Mark of the Lion Trilogy (the first book is A Voice in the Wind). It's a Christian (but not overwhelmingly so) historical fiction novel that takes place after the Romans defeat Jerusalem and some Germanic tribes, shifting between hyper-realistic characters and settings. It has some of the most amazing books I've ever read. I would recommend it to anyone, even people who aren't Christians, because it is just so well written.

• katnissromanoff

Re: That's so funny!!!!! Oooohh, I remember you saying you had the same personality type as Peeta and Peter! Haha, it's funny how similar we are :)

Re: I haven't been doing too much lol. But I just got back from youth group, which is awesome. And I have an important appointment tomorrow, so I'm praying that helps things get better.

• Huba Huba

Heyyyyyyy I'm back!! I like this piece! and calling fictional characters your friend is totally fine, one of my friends have a harem of them.

Re: Thanks! Hey, there! I'm doing pretty well. Feeling a little sick though. Hbu?

• beth r.

re: like a week ago? i think lol

• beth r.

re: thanks so much for the comments! the hg fanfic... *inhales sharply*
    i tried writing one but it came out bad so i deleted it XD
    how are you??

• RemovedUser1

Also, do you like Candace Owens? I saw Anne was talking about it.

• RemovedUser1

Replying: Yes! Maybe it’s because you’ve read it so much? HG? And I bet as you keep writing from his perspective you’ll get better at it.
    Awww, thank you! I have a big boot on now, XD.
    Haha, that’s fine. I get typos.

• Kate (Kit-Kat Sully) {Child of God}

Replying: Yeah, it's a language learning site. I learn Spanish and Portuguese there, and I came across someone there with that username, and I thought it would be funny if it was you, (but not haha funny) XD If you ever consider using Duolingo, I'm
    KatherineSully06 or Kit-Kat. :)

• Kate (Kit-Kat Sully) {Child of God}

Hey, Eden, this is super random, but are you LOTR_Girl on Duolingo? Are you even on that?

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: 'course you're funny! really funny sometimes XD

• mindfruit (semi-active)

Re: Hehe, my real name is Connor and congrats, you're the first person to know my real name on this site (with the exception of my friends irl and the other CAs). I'm kind of curious, what were some of your guesses?

• mindfruit (semi-active)

Aww, this is cute! Especially the lines "I spend so much time thinking about you... /But I still can’t figure out how to describe what I feel. " Relatable.
    Re: That's so cool that you've dreamed you were in the Games, but probably horrifying too. And I definitely know the feeling of being chased in a dream - you keep on "running" but no matter where you go, whoever (or whatever) is chasing you somehow finds you. Kind of unnerving, to be honest. But it sounds like you survived both times, so cheers to you!
    And thanks for your kind words, they mean a lot to me :)

• books4life

hey! chapter 6 is out!!

• Livsnjutare

• Livsnjutare

This is so great!! Yes, peeta is awesome!

Also, I just published draft 2 of "The f-5 catastophe" !!

• katnissromanoff

I love this so much! Peeta is the best book character EVER

• Bhavya's Treasure

Re: You're always welcome, Eden!
    Ah... No problem. :)

Re: I'm great, thanks for checking in! I just saw THE Candace Owens speak (in person!) so I'm tired but SUPER excited. It was awesome.

Ah the boy with the bread! This is so cute!!

• RemovedUser1

Ok, I sincerely believe that you know him best. Maybe even more than Collins!! This is so true, and I feel like all book lovers have felt like this about a character. I remember I tried to imitate some of the characters from Wings of Fire and would think about them for a long time, XD! So, no, it’s not weird! And I love your little part about fiction and reality. (The two collide and intermix!!) Great job!
    Replying: I’m doing good. I have an ortho appointment tomorrow (hope it goes well!!)
    I’m glad you liked them! Talking with you is one of the highlight of coming WtW!
    Ok, thanks! I’m changing it from the original drafts, so it’s taking me a while, and we completely reopened at church, so I have less time, XD. But I think it’s going to be good!
    Yeah, it does add good (cough heartbreaking cough) background. Once you and CoolGirl are done with the collab, you should send them to Collins!!!! That would be so cool!
    Haha, that’s actually funny, because my pen pal and I got messenger kids to text on, and she ALWAYS has typos, specially “Bue.” So we just write “Bue” instead of “Bye,” XD.
    Buh bye!

• Kate (Kit-Kat Sully) {Child of God}

Aww! This is so sweet! I so wish he was real for your sake! <3

• beth r.

THIS. so good, so adorable, so peeta :)
    yes, embrace your passions!!
    re: thanks! i'm good, how are you??

• Bhavya's Treasure

'I’m just saying, to me you’re something more. ' Sensational!!!

Overall it's beyond any words, Eden! This is super real, fantastic and perfect for Peeta! <333

I love each word you've penned here! *o*

Keep embracing things you're passionate about as Anne so wisely told you! :)))

• V-Rose

It's in words!

• Anlee

this piece felt very personal and has this quiet but powerful aura <3 agree with anne; hope you find a real-life Peeta :)

• V-Rose

Here's a chapter for Flying on Broken Wings!

Totally going to read this soon along with all the other awesome stories I need to read!

• AJ - Izzy

This sounds so familiar! Why does this sound so familiar?? It's amazing, absolutely, I love how you put that feeling I'm sure all bookworms have felt into words, it's amazing, love it, yes :D

• books4life

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I Love this!!!!!

Awww this is so adorable! I can tell you really care about him so much and I hope you find a real-life Peeta someday to fall in love with. Now. Does ~that~ make sense? ;P

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

I promise I’m not actually confused about he meaning of fiction! I’m not quite sure if this makes sense, but I tried to express the way I feel. But I do know what fiction is!