Samina

Common girl with uncommon dreams.
Perspiration always turns to perfection :-)
Youtuber
Capricorn
Hopeless Romantic
Poet????

Go and check out
Tushar Mandhan, or else I will steal your chocolates :P I don't have words for him.
Pure heart, Mishthi Sharma, V-Rose and EliathRose
----------------------------------
PLEASE COMMENT AFTER READING; THEY MEAN A LOT TO ME
----------------------------------
CHECK OUT THIS AMAZING INFORMATIVE PIECE
https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/187
---------------------------------
"Paper is more patient than man" ~ Anne Frank
“You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world...but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices.”-John Green
“And in that moment, I swear we were infinite.”-Stephen Chbosky
“I want you to be the very best version of yourself that you can be.”- Lady Bird
“I am a mess"-Elio

Faded Calender; Faded Childhood (Happy Children's Day)

16

Scrubbing the graphite trails on the walls/ soaking the old calendar with soap water/ whitewashing those crooked lines, reminiscing when I used to raise my foot to mark my height/wiping the lipstick dated back to 2010/ scratching the Disney stickers form my bookshelf, which used to my mount Everest, commencing the hiking form first row to the top/ there was joy in pain and tears of laughter.

Air pressing hard on my face/pushing my sister's cycle to gain momentum/ putting her on my lap and happiness was in my bag/ now I am hanging out pictures on the walls

Running around the park/ sand in shoes/ waiting for the ice cream vans on Saturday afternoons/ park is abandoned and vans are no more there

Swimming competition in the bathtub/playing with bubbles assume them to fishes/ jumping into puddles and making paper boats/ I never feared that my boat would sink/ now I am flying the airplane of my dreams, sinking the boat
Wrapping myself in the blanket to stay away from evil/ drawing on my plate with leftover curry/ now I am washing the dishes just like fading memories

Popping the bubble wrap/ tingling taste of sour patches/ relishing the orange and lemon juice on hot summers/ Maltesers chocolate was my favorite/ sneaking into the kitchen/ snacks on early weekends/ waking up at 5 AM to watch Powerpuff girls/ standing on a chair to reach top shelves/ hitting my head, now I am embracing those scars

Sick leaves from school/ watching Disney and Discovery laying on the couch/ mum feeding me food/ drinking only from my special mug/ now I am picking up the shattered pieces

Disney had magic and the tooth fairy was real
Innocence was all that I knew
Now I am wearing mum's clothes and our shoulders are equal/ entering into the world of responsibility 
Now the calendar is soaked in memories, scarping it/ fading dates vivid memories
Fading childhood days

1

oh wow the nostalgic in this piece is breathtaking in a bittersweet way. So gorgeous Samina! So so gorgeous!

Woah... a ton of nostalgia. This is almost like a song of a melancholy goodbye. Great job on this. I also love the metaphor of the calendar and the dates that are fading away. Don't we all wish we could be little people again.

• journal.scribbles

The nostalgia though, oh my gosh. This is amazing. "scratching the Disney stickers from my bookshelf" is so relatable. There's still like half a Tinker Bell sticker stuck on mine. :) Also how am I not following you yet!? I could've sworn I was.

• Eblinn

the memories this provoked-
    the nostalgia i got-
    this is amazing!

• CAT with a SOWRD

This made me almost cry
    I can relate to this on a deap level
    I write a lot of nostalgia pieces come read them if you like

WOW this is good!!! definitely my favorite piece of yours so far <3 that ending is wonderful, oh my goodness. Amazing!!! <3

• crystalline•galaxies

your change in style at the end really pulls it all together and shows the contrast between then and now. lovely piece.

• ~Zoe N~

Nice, I really like this