Dmoral

est. 2018
she/her | poeian/pathian
obsessed classics enthusiast & linguist.
humanism + romanticism = writing inspiration

no worries, i love my brother

late night fantasy memories collected from my gushing heart

6
A COLLECTION OF PROSES UNDER A SINGLE TITLE~

ii. gave up dreaming in '13, back when i thought
i knew what love was and my brother was born
exactly five days early; perhaps i did want us
to share a birthday? so then when new years came
that year i learned to blame the changling who
wrapped themselves in my mother's whom; yes,
i remember discovering magic and learning to
hate it because i did not hate it. i wanted to
be my parent's favorite, but then he was born &
my dreams became self-absorbed until they turned
into nothing more than craving attention.

• Wisp

Ahh how could you describe a feeling such as sibling jealousy in such a poetic way?? This captures all I felt as that little 2 year old when my little brother was born. I totally understand what this piece is trying to convey and that hits all the more harder. Yeah, of course as siblings we love our siblings, but that feeling of jealousy still lingers and that kind of portrayal in this piece is absolutely lovely in all the ways it hits home. I remember this one time when my brother was born and I was so sad that I wasn't the center of attention I went into a corner and just drew and wrote something along the lines of "my family doesn't love me anymore' haha, it's quite funny now that I think about it. I actually found the sheet of paper a time ago. Lovely work hon, love how it parallels with my own experiences as well, and I'm sure so many more can relate with as well.

Breathtaking <3 I'm no stranger to sibling jealousy—my sister loves all the same things as me, and she's better at them, so... yeah, I get it. Your writing is stunning!!

• RemovedUser1

Awwww. This is so sad. I have 4 brothers and sisters, but I’ve never experienced jealousy or anything like that. My brother was my buddy, then the twins... Momma called them “our” babies so we would take care of them, and my little sister is nine years younger than me, so I baby her. Even so, I love this!
    Also, what is prose? I’ve seen it some, but I still don’t know what it means, XD.