ava09 (sorta back)

17|She/Her|Slytherin|HP|Star Wars|Marvel|LOTR|Madam Secretary|Umbrella Academy|Classic Novels|Journals|Barns and Noble|Soccer|The PL|Manchester United|USWNT|Music|Taylor Swift|Law|Violin|Food|Hopeless Romantic

heyyy so i haven't been writing a bunch so this is the first go i've had at writing in awhile. i AM still going to do my you tell me series but i'm really stuck on writing scary stories so if you have any tips for that pleaseeeee comment haha. love you all!

you will remember the silence || lady liberty is drowning

PROMPT: Cli-Fi

10

"warning. severe storm alert. seek shelter immediately. warning. severe storm alert. seek shelter immediately,"

huddled in storm cellars and basements, the wind howling outside, families sink into each other. blankets and pillows snatched quickly from all parts of the house.

"mama i'm scared."
"it's okay baby, the storm will pass."

and when the win stops howling and the storm blows over those who still have homes venture out into the destruction and stare and stare and stare because they can't believe what they're seeing.
manhattan's underwater and the statue of liberty no longer pierces the sky - the tip of her torch just sticks out of the blue, blue water and then it's gone.

and all they'll remember in the depths of that destruction waged by mother nature - punishment for the way she's been treated all these years - is the silence that so wholly and utterly consumed them all as they watched the water pull back back out to sea and slowly get bigger and bigger and bigger, revealing city it had just destroyed.

and that city, like so many others, will become a living legend. stories of the past when the united states had huge coastal empires and the ocean was a gift and not a terror - when mother nature still forgave.
soon, manhattan will become atlantis.

lady liberty took one final breath before the wave crashed down and drowned them all again and the last thing they remember is how water and waves are supposed to be loud but all they could hear was silence.

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

I love your writing, I could read it all day. This is amazing!!!

• Busssy.Beee

Re: I'm sorry. I totally forgot to thank you for reading I can't fall for you. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the rest of the parts that I have planned!!

• crystalline•galaxies

thank you for such a kind comment! it means a lot. a mailbox is such an intriguing idea for a scary story. i'd be happy to dialogue about it a little bit, though i doubt i'll be able to actually do a full-on collab or anything of the sort. what kind of things are you thinking?

• crystalline•galaxies

this is really good. its strength is definitely the fact that it’s amazing at evoking emotion in the reader. you said you’re looking for tips on how to write a scary story? i don’t do it to often, but something that i imagine might be helpful is to remember not to be too obvious when describing. the most fear is caused by the unknown, so focusing on the tiny details and describing them using precise and deliberate words is a good way to go as opposed to being obvious about what’s going on. of course, i don’t know what your scary story is about, but something that i find absolutely terrifying is mind control, losing memory, or being taken advantage of. anything that has to do with someone being stripped of who they are is the worst possible thing i can think of. (again that might not fit into your current story, but it’s just an idea.) i hope this was at least a little bit helpful, and if you need more ideas, i can continue to dialogue and brainstorm some possibilities with you.

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: yeah! Ballad is good.... but not outstanding. And awesome I’d love for you to get to read them (but if you don’t havebtime I totally understand! :) ) Yes, I need to find a good book soon!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: haha, we’ll its official! XD And hmm... not much other than on here!! I’ve been writing a lot, working on my fan fic and collab so that takes up a lot of my free time. Honestly I think the Ballad If Songbirds and Snakes was one of the last books I finished! You?

• Rohan’s Defender

Wow.