crystalline•galaxies

Switzerland

| she/they |
| call me tuffy |

pfp art by @9jedit on instagram and twitter

| currently reading:| "the song of achilles" by madeline miller
| thoughts on the book so far:| i would kill for patroclus.

the heart on the cuff of her jeans

16
she wears a heart on the cuff of her jeans, but it's not the same as the one on her sleeve. mud splashes onto it as she runs through the street, the crevices caked with debris and gunk. ashamed of the state it's in, she cuffs her jeans further up her leg, hiding it from the judgement of others. the one on her sleeve is always on display; she's proud of the curating and time it took for it to be presentable. at night, before she slumbers, she cleans it out, polishes it until it sparkles, and sets it gently on her nightstand. the one on her cuff, however, is shoved into the darkened closet and left crumpled on the floor until she's forced to put it back on in the morning. its presence follows her all day, and she knows that if she were to display it to the public, everything she ever knew would shatter into oblivion. 
and still,
it beats on. 

• Century Friend

Wow, I love the concept itself, and you executed it beautifully. Awesome job!

woah... this is so vivid and beautiful! really amazing. this... wow. awesome piece!! <3

• ava09 (angels, auroras and sad prose #holidayvibes)

oh wow i love this so much. it's such an awesome take on a common phrase/cliche and the piece itself is so esmfi ugh i have no words.
    replying: your comment just about made my day thank youuuu! <3 so for my mini series thing i had people comment random prompts and Lata B. (go check her out if you haven't met her yet!) gave me one that was "write a scary story that involves a mailbox" and i sat down to try it and i was like UHUHHhuhuuHh okay i have NO clue how to writer a scary story XD so your advice was INVALUABLE - thank you sooo much!! i'd totally be open to continuing to brainstorm though, or if you want to collab we could too! but obvi all up to you, and thanks again for taking the time to leave that advice - it means a lot. :) also welcome to wtw - feel free to ask any questions and stuff like everyone else said we're all friendly and helpful! oh and i love your profile pic.

• naomi ling

such, such a poignant piece. glad to see some good works on the dash. here's a hearty welcome to wtw!! have any questions, feel free to ask. you've got a community here <3

"before she slumbers, she cleans it out, polishes it until it sparkles, and sets it gently on her nightstand" hrnghh the just. delicate tone of this line really gets me. there's something so fragile and sentimental about this piece that i just adore. alternatively, i love the concept--it's really...teen-y in a good way, if that makes sense?
    p.s. your comment was so lovely! <3 <3

Wow, I love this concept! So interesting.

• Wisp

Replying: I'm so heartwarmed you like receiving my comments! I always try to make them sound genuine and I'm glad that came through. Also! I enjoy our interactions as well, they always make me smile seeing you've left something for me. (Also, I've totally cluttered up your comment sections, so sorry about that) You're welcome, I'll leave you tons of comments just to have you smile now ;)

alsoooo welcome to WTW!! I'm Jade! If you have any questions just ask! Can't wait to read more of your writing!

this is stunning! I love this comparison/contrast to the heart on your sleeve. It's like the "ninth" love type. something about this makes me smile and idky. So gorgeously written and so nostalgic in a way

• Wisp

Because I'm super super lame, I like pieces and then tell myself oh I can totally comment on that later. This is one of those pieces because well, I didn't really know what to say at the moment. It kinda like took me by a shock, because the descriptions were just, well you know how I feel about your writing. (Heavenly, darling, immaculate, absolutely absolutely glorious) I adore the distinction between the heart on the sleeve and heart on the cuffed jean, it just adds a depth that you don't really think about.
    "ashamed of the state it's in, she cuffs her jeans further up her leg, hiding it from the judgement of others. the one on her sleeve is always on display; she's proud of the curating and time it took for it to be presentable."
    Beauty at its prime I must say.
    Replying: You're so sweet. (Going to give me cavities ;) yeah that was a terrible line. I'm sorry) Honestly, reading your comments and your works just make me smile so dearly, because everything is just so genuine and raw and beautiful. As someone once wrote, "I'd gladly even read your grocery receipts." (Get the reference?) In this case, that'd be true, I bet your grocery receipts are glorious.

• mooncake

Absolutely beautiful!