anemoia (#words)

previously hold on to the memories #NEWYEAR
[Child of God]
INFJ-T?
logophile!
athletic nerd
volleyballer
runner
songwriter
adventurer
romantic
chocoholic
Dating Dex Dizznee- 11.27.20
Dating CL- 1.11.21 [real ;)]

Female
Sophomore

I don't know what this is. Getting my thoughts out, I guess. :)

Because I'm Still Overwriting

3
    In school, I always found it difficult to write narratives about myself. I don't know exactly why, because now, I could talk about myself all day. I wager most of us could, because we are self-centered, wonderful, flawed human beings. Maybe it's because the prompts I faced in elementary and middle school were like, "Write about a time when you got injured," or "Write about a time you helped someone." The second was the hardest for me—not because I had never helped someone, but because I just. Couldn't. Think. Of. Anything. I ended up asking my parents and partially fabricating a story about helping a baby quail, which did happen. I just don't remember it. My difficulty in this kind of writing might have been due to my age—in sixth grade, how many of us know much about themselves and what they'd really like to do? I didn't. I mean, I was fairly certain I wanted to be a writer from age 10 onward, but writing about a past event is hard when you're young. All the past events are hazy.
   Now, I realized there was so much more I wanted to share. I'm still overwriting. Overthinking. Nothing is new. I don't like word limits. I'm not exceptional at following them. I've written to the limit on my profile, and it still isn't enough. There's still so much I'd like you to know about me. 
    I like coffee in many forms, (I'll take it black if I have to, but preferably with milk/almond milk), but caramel lattes or mochas as a treat. I would take Starbucks over Dutch Bros, but only because I'm more familiar with it. 
    Sunflowers are my favorite flower because they're cheerful. Sunflowers are just a happy flower. (But I love most flowers!)
    I love dark chocolate and Lindt chocolate. I also am searching for the perfect chocolate chip cookie. For me, that's thick, chewy, butterscotch-y, with hints of vanilla. (In fact, I'm making a batch today, but with all brown sugar and I'm chilling the dough overnight to see what happens. I may also do oatmeal chocolate chip).
    I like baking and cooking. Scones are one of my favorite pastries, but they can be a pain to make. Baking and cooking are therapeutic.
   Salted caramel anything.
    M*A*S*H is my favorite TV show ever, even though it aired from 1972 to 1983, and I have all 11 seasons on DVD. It's sort of a dramedy about surgeons who were drafted for the Korean War, and it's so multilayered and funny. Radar is my favorite character, but there's such a varied and well-developed cast. 
    Ever since M*A*S*H, my parents have been buying complete series of older TV shows with some value beyond entertainment (mostly) and we've been watching them together. So far, we've seen: All in the Family (if you're easily offended, then you might be, but it presents cultural and political struggles of the '70s with striking accuracy); The Librarians (a much more recent action series without the moral value of the others, but I love it); Wonder Years (set in the 1960s-70s, following a boy from age 12 to 17 as he experiences every high and low of that time; it's very relatable); and finally, we're watching the Golden Girls right now (three middle-aged women and one of their mothers endure every problem, romance, and laugh together). 
    I own 334 novels and dozens of nonfiction books.
    I have a catalogue of said novels in alphabetical order by author's last name (obviously).
    Last novel I read was Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens, and it was fantastic. Definitely one of the best standalone books I've read. A nature novel, a murder mystery, a romance, and a coming of age story all in one.
    Book I'm reading now: nothing fiction (what?!), but I am rereading The Way of Serenity by Father Jonathan Morris. It contains some truly important insights. Although I'm not Catholic, that in no way devalues the simple beauty of that book.
    My favorite standalone books of all time (not in order because that's too hard):
Hope and Other Punch Lines by Julie Buxbaum
Lovely War by Julie Berry
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
    My favorite series of all time (partially in order):
1. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
2. Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger
3. All mythology books by Rick Riordan, but especially PJO and HoO
The Selection by Kiera Cass
Maximum Ride by James Patterson
The Accelerati Trilogy by Neal Shusterman and Eric Elfman
The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani
The Land of Stories by Chris Colfer 
Caraval Trilogy by Stephanie Garber
Finishing School by Gail Carriger
Story Thieves by James Riley (Nobody XD)
Waterfire Saga by Jennifer Donnelly
Inkheart Trilogy by Cornelia Funke
If you want to fangirl over any of these, especially the first three, I am more than willing. 

I love interior design, aesthetically pleasing anything, and architecture. It's one career I'm considering besides writing, because that can be hit or miss. I have an eye for design, and I love being creative.
I'm a passable artist, but hand-lettering is my favorite. I did calligraphy for a while before moving on to any kind of hand-lettering. I believe in handmade cards and authentic art.
I like linguistics and would consider studying it.   
I also am fascinated by psychology—I don't want to be a psychologist, necessarily—but I want to study people's behavior and how their brains work. Humans are very interesting.
I have a cat named Uno, but I don't have a Dos. :(
I never want to enter law, medicine, or education. Not for me in the slightest.
I believe God has a plan for my life, and I believe that He can use anything to work for His good. I am a Christian. I attend a non-denominational church that teaches the Bible. I believe that everyone could use a little more hope, a little more love, a little more joy, a little more gratitude, and a little unexpected beauty. 
My biggest time-waster is reading when I'm supposed to be doing work, writing on this, and scrolling Pinterest. 
I love the Victorian and Edwardian eras and would love to be a part of the gentry in 1875 England. 
I'm an only child. Sometimes I wish I weren't, but mostly I'm glad. I have a cousin who's like a big sister, so that helps.

There's probably more, but... 

I told you I overwrite. 
Here's a tiny fraction of who I am. 

• October 10, 2020 - 10:45am (Now Viewing)

• mindfruit

Re: Aw, thanks so much for your kind words. They mean a lot to me :)