erin!

叶安灵 // 16, 2022 // she-her-hers
hey hey

likes to write about feelings. also loves to listen to music, go on runs, and make smoothies!

thank you for 80(!!!!), i <3 you

Goals for 16

11

The girl turned sixteen today, a commercial creation of adulthood and alliteration for the sake of profit and partying. 
But hey, cake tastes good.
I am the last of my friends to reach this landmark, to schedule my permit test at the DMV and to say “thank you” to all of those birthday wishes from strangers that are more or less empty.
I feel no different. Still naive and kissless and an early bird poet.
I see my hourglass clock, the sand sifting through as another year passes with goals floating in the wind, not to be seen again until the next year.
So that stops, and I’ll start now.

I want to write less about myself and more about the worlds in my head; to be a true writer rather than a diary journalist and to dive into untapped potentials that live in the synapses of my mind.

I want to talk to the people who I’ve admired from afar, to make friends with the intimidating and the lonely and the shy and the underserved. Because I’m neither above nor below them, and life is only so short. They should be at my next birthday party.

I will do my part because my parents always do theirs, and I’ll save up all the money I can so that a higher education doesn’t weigh down on my family like an iron weight does on a fragile pile of souls.

And these are just some ideas for sixteen; I will go where the wind takes me and I will do what the moment suggests. This is a road map of my thoughts, a cartography of mental photographs. I have a feeling it will be a year in its own league.

• Samina

Happy birthday!!!!

• journal.scribbles

Happy (late) birthday!!! I can’t agree more with what Anlee said. I hope you achieve everything you want to this year!

• Anlee

awww happy 16th birthday!!! you're four months older than me but your words are years wiser :0 i know that i'm just another stranger on the internet but I hope that you know I genuinely love reading your writing because it's always so inspirational <33

• ambedo & sugar cookies (#holidayvibes)

I love the feelings you captured in this piece, especially "I want to write less about myself and more about the worlds in my head; to be a true writer rather than a diary journalist and to dive into untapped potentials that live in the synapses of my mind." That will stick with me for a while. Also, we share the same name! I changed my username for halloween, but it will return to e.r.i.n. faith after October passes.

• Rohan’s Defender

Happy Birthday!!!!!! Wow, sixteen!! I’ll be 15 in a few months. How do you feel about being 16 now? I love the creative expressions in this piece, your wording is so unique and beautiful!

Re: ^U^
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with liking makeup! I was just pointing out the negative side of it.

Omigosh this is so cool! Definitely better than my sixteen piece. Happy birthday!! I hope this year is a great one. Thanks for sharing your writing (autobiographical or otherwise) with us.

• Busssy.Beee

Hi author Erin!! I see you're back!! I missed you! And once again, beautiful piece!!