crystalline•galaxies

Switzerland

tuffy
she/they
infp-a | 4w5

"i am made of memories."
-madeline miller, the song of achilles

“for victory is victory, however small, nor is its worth only from what follows from it.”
-j.r.r. tolkien, the children of húrin

"he was determined to discover the underlying logic behind the universe.
which was going to be hard, because there wasn't one.”
-terry pratchett, mort

the scene that lives in worlds unknown

6
intricate stone patterns climb up to the sky,
trying to touch the tips of the autumn-coloured trees.
small streams of water,
pummeling down glossy rock,
easily glide underneath the spindly bridge,
eventually landing in a pool of its own kind.
the smell of pine, moisture, and ecstasy
fill the light air.
breathe, breathe, breathe it in
as if this breath was your last.
art stares from the weathered walls,
a reminder of the things that were,
the things that are,
and the things that have not yet come to pass.
let your thoughts escape you.
let them roam through the twisting halls,
the spiral staircases,
the river that runs to infinity.
don't call them back.
let them live there, 
moving, thinking, breathing,
dancing among the voices lifted above the clouds.

• Wisp

Replying: No no I totally understand and I don't want to pressure you in any way. You'll always be crystalline•galaxies to me no matter what :) Also, that is extremely coincidental! Who would've guessed that of all the gods/goddesses in Greek mythology, I would've chosen Artemis. The chances, haha, but yeah don't stress too much over it, and whatever you choose I'll respect your decision.

• Wisp

You have no right to make me sob--that comment was just so introspective and raw and just ahhh--I am incoherent now.
    But honestly, that was one of the most sincere comments I have ever received and it really had me getting a sense of your character, of who you are as a person and how you want to be viewed through your writing. I can tell you put a lot of vulnerability in your pieces from the Athena one to "she exists." to "my best friend doesn't even know her own name". And it's so apparent and transparent all at once, because you put yourself out there and that is so commendable, and I have to say that's one of the things that appealed to me about your writing.
    Don't ever stop being vulnerable and don't ever stop writing. Because you are a generation of writing that will change the world.
    (Also, if you do not mind, I'll be calling you Athena now, referring to the strong and courageous and intelligent girl who I have had the pleasure of knowing through this site)

this is stunning!! i love the imagery and word choice. really amazing, wow. you are very talented!!! <3

Wow, this is such an exhilarating read! I'm very impressed with your talent.
    Oh, and welcome to WTW! In case you haven't figured it out yet (it took me forever), the only way to reply to people is to comment "Re:" on one of their pieces. (That gives them a notification) If you need any more help, feel free to ask away.

• waxingcrescents

Woah. Again, incredible. This feels fantastical, as if from a fairy tale. I love the lines "let your thoughts escape you.
    the spiral staircases,
    the river that runs to infinity." Stunning.

• Wisp

"art stares from the weathered walls,
    a reminder of the things that were,
    the things that are,"
    Getting existential here, aren't we?
    But still exquisite and stunning as ever. Perhaps one day your writing will hang from weathered walls and people will read them and gush over how the 21st century had been or rather what still is.