beth r.

... just your average, teenage writer

smile!
have a great day!

showering with a spider on the wall: a test of true bravery

23
You're relaxing and jamming to Hamilton, when you see it. Big, gross, and an ungodly amount of legs.
Spider.
Sure, spider's are cute when they're Tom Holland, but otherwise... no thank you. You look at the spider, and freeze.
Okay, two choices:
1. Run (but slowly so you don't slip and die).
2. Finish your shower bravely and calmly.

You opt for 2, because courage really does come while humming 'My Shot'. 
"... Okay spider, be quiet if you agree that we will leave each other alone."
Silence.
You go on, not taking your eyes off the creature. Who can trust something with more than two eyes? You grab a shampoo bottle, which of coarse slips out of your hand and slams down on the tub (because that's what they like to do, especially late at night when you're family is sleeping... okay, tangent over.)
You look at the spider, scared that you scared it. How ironic. 
It's not on the wall anymore.
You: *screams and slips, in an effort to escape*

Turns out you aren't as brave as you think you are.

• October 9, 2020 - 7:47am (Now Viewing)

• Daenerys

Omg! I love this! Spiders are cute when they are Tom Holland. How many years can a spider live up to? 25. How old is Tom Holland? 24.

• Mespotz

This is incredible but now I think I might freak out the next time I shower... amazingly relatable job.

This is the best thing ever. Except....now I don't really want to have a shower tonight..

• Minvra

One of my teachers has a history with spiders. He actually was showering when he felt a crawling sensation on his leg. At first he thought it was nothing, but it kept getting higher...

Another time his cereal box was nearly empty so there were crumbs in it....you know where I'm getting at! He tilted the box to his mouth. Out came baby spiders.

Also got bit by a brown recluse.

This is so relatable! Thought, I'd probably skip to one the moment the spider twitches. Oh, and if I had any plans of shampoo that day, well, there's always tomorrow :)

• Halopoet

Spiders are cute when they are tom holland. You sure love him dont you? Dont worry i do too.

• Turkeycracker K (a.ka. Firecracker)

This IS a hilarious piece though!

• Turkeycracker K (a.ka. Firecracker)

Ha ha. First of all, who's tom holland, second, I don't mind spiders unless they're crawling on top of me, and third, for me instead of Hamilton music, it'd probably be The Greatest Showman or, if my brother had gotten a hold of the CD player, Tron Legacy music.

oh my word WhY is this SO RELATABLE!!! This made me laugh thru my fear of spiders *bleh*

• RemovedUser1

My gosh! You made me lol AGAIN!! I've never seen Hamilton, but I can imagine that perfectly. And then that moment when the spider isn't there... AHHHHHH! Also, I don't know why, but the way you described the spider and your untrust for it was so funny!

It's realistic and funny but also sorta deep. Multilayered and so relatable! And Tom Holland!

• katnissromanoff

Haha, this is so true.

• AbellePuppy34

Sadly, this is true of everyone I think.

I'm proud of your bravery. I would have shrieked wildly and run out of that shower like it was a slip n slide that just got peed on.

• sci-Fi

yep. been there. I was SO brave.

" You grab a shampoo bottle, which of coarse slips out of your hand and slams down on the tub" Yep. Yep yep yep. Totally relatable..

• Jasmine khawar

Re: okay then, we can write a funny piece together XD

• Jasmine khawar

Also, just see my message box.
    I wrote that because I believe that...

• Jasmine khawar

Re: seriously? I'm 101% sure you can also write those "godly beautiful pieces" because you wrote something like that once. And it was lovely!!

• Jasmine khawar

Woah! This is like a real life story, based on my experiences.
    The similar type of incident occurred with me, 2 years ago....I was stuck with a spider in my bathroom for 15 minutes, CRYING XD
    Then somehow I tried to escape from there.
    I HATE SPIDERS!!!!

• Rohan’s Defender

And relatable because I don’t like spiders either!!

• Rohan’s Defender

Beth I was CRACKING UP!! That part where it wasn’t on the wall, I LAUGHED. HARD. So thanks for that, and this is so funny!

• (sk)eyesofocher

hahahah noooo you threw away your shot XD but I cant tell you how may times this has happened to me lol

• Jasmine khawar

Re: I kNoW sHe Is A gEnIuS!!!
    I don't even know if I'll do a collab XD
    I just wanted YOU to see it.....
    If you're intrested, then maybe we can do it.

• Jasmine khawar

Re: hey!! Beth, rainydayz just dropped an idea in the comment section of my piece "love" I want you to see it!

THIS HAPPENED TO MY SISTER she screamed so loud we thought someone had like, idk, stabbed her or something. Now she refuses to shower unless one of my parents makes sure there isn't any spiders in there first.
    great piece lol

• queenie

the only thing i can imagine is "the battle of yorktown" playing while this is happening i canT-