anemoia (#words)

WtW's resident "the cool cousin you see once a year, but the conversation you guys were having a long time ago picks up where it left off without missing a beat" (rosi)

Child of God
logophile
athletic nerd

Female
Soph.

Feedback always appreciated. God be with you. I'm looking for good things every day.

This Poem Has No Deep Meaning

8
This Poem has no deep Meaning.
So don’t try to puzzle out what I’m saying, 
Don’t attempt to glean knowledge from between the lines.
When you’re sitting in English, ruminating not on the poem, but
Rather on what forces of the universe played hell to land you there,
Don’t look for hidden clues.
They are not there—actually, they’re over here!
I’m messing with you; I wonder if the poets of old did that too.
Some of my poems, of course, have the depth of the Mariana Trench,
Philosophical, desperate, curious—but most of all,
I love the way words string together, so beautifully, whether 
Chaotic and whirling, delicate or haunting, peaceful or fiery—
Words are my haven, my passion. That’s all.
But this poem—well, perhaps it does have some meaning after all.
Another older work, but written within the last year. 

• RemovedUser1

I love the ending! I really ties it all together. Also, as I’m in Oceanography, I’m so glad I recognized the “Marina Trench” thing.
    Replying: Thank you! I don’t do poetry often, but I was like “why not?” I was trying to write it in a way that wasn’t dissing Harris but was saying how much I loves Pence’s performance. Huh, I’ve never heard that quote before. It’s still really good, though!

• beth r.

love this!
    welcome to wtw- i'm beth, lmk if you need anything!

• journal.scribbles

I agree with Doodleninja! Beautiful poem. And welcome to WtW!!! I'm so excited to read more of your work in the future. If you have any questions about the site, let me know.

So I noticed that you replied to Doodleninja here. That's totally fine, but you should probably know that they won't get notified. Even with the @. I know, it's pretty inconvenient. Most of us just go to a piece by that writer and reply to their comment there. I hope this was helpful!

For example: (pretend I'm replying to something, in this case your bio)
    Re: You do hand-lettering? Wow, it's so fancy-lookin' and hard. My normal handwriting sucks, so I'm terrible at it. XD

@Doodleninja: thanks! Also, I saw your profile and I see you like characters with tragic backstories... ever read Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger? Fantastic wordlbuilding, relatable characters, middle grade series. If you grow up with it, you don't outgrow it. It never feels dark even though i deals with some heavy, life-or-death stuff, which is nice. And my fave character has a tragic backstory and covers everything with humor! It's in my top 3 series of all time.

• doodleninja

I love this! Short and sweet with some lovely descriptive vocabulary as well! :)