crystalline•galaxies

Switzerland

tuffy
she/they
infp-a | 4w5

"i am made of memories."
-madeline miller, the song of achilles

“for victory is victory, however small, nor is its worth only from what follows from it.”
-j.r.r. tolkien, the children of húrin

"he was determined to discover the underlying logic behind the universe.
which was going to be hard, because there wasn't one.”
-terry pratchett, mort

wish.

19
the stars pour out of their confinements in the heavens.
they land in whitened palms
gently lifted to pale rose lips.
whispers skim across their surfaces,
their pure blue light
now tinted with tears.
soon, they will travel back with celerity
and return to their spot in the sky,
coruscating and twinkling.
but for now,
they're held fast to a heaving chest,
illuminating the pathway
to a liberating land
full of azure oblivion. 

• Wisp

Replying: Thank you so much for the questions! They were so sweet and I adored them; I'll be sure to use them!

• Wisp

Replying: Anything is alright! Just anything you'd want to know and stuff! But if you're having trouble, then you can always just ask me questions about my favorite things (ex: color, music, book)

• Wisp

Replying: (yes yes yes, I LOVE your rapid profile picture changing!)
    Athena!!! You're making me tear up a little, I don't know what to say. Like I know I say a lot sometimes, but gosh reading your comment just made my heart swell with joy. Reading that you admire me? ME?? Oh my gosh you have no idea how that made me stop in my tracks. You are so heartfelt with your words and gosh am I counting my lucky stars for being able to have met you. Don't apologize for not saying more, because Athena, you've done so much and I know that you truly mean every word.

• Wisp

Ahhhh!!! I'm incoherent!!! This is where it all began two months ago and I am so eternally glad to have read this first piece of yours all those days ago. (Yes, a third comment is coming your way)
    You already know that I reached a milestone of 100+ followers, so here's my personal thank you Athena. Gosh, where to begin?
    I remember reading your first piece and being so eternally captivated by your work that I couldn't help but continue to read your pieces. I couldn't help myself from devouring your work and leaving sweet little messages for you. I know I tell you a lot, but gosh, I cannot stress it enough how you have a magnificent way with words. It's brilliant how you craft sentences together and how you create these little lives within each piece. It's incredibly beautiful and I am so dearly captivated by it that I rush to read your works when I see you publish something.
    And oh my gosh, your kind comments!!! You've given me so much support these last couple of months (don't think I don't see all those likes and comments on my recent pieces!) and I do not know what to tell you. You've just given me so much confidence and courage to write more, to express myself in ways of writing I didn't even know were possible before. You are honestly the sweetest Athena and I would've never thought that someone would readily read my pieces as you do.
    I am just so eternally grateful for this piece of yours and that I was on when you published it. As a book of mine one said, "There's multiple infinities inside of an infinity." And there are so many infinities in our lives, that I'm just so glad that our infinities met along the way. Thank you Athena. For being the online friend I never knew I needed, for being the smile I have when I publish new pieces, for being the awe-inspiring writer that you are. Thank you.
    (And I'm doing a dust jacket, so send me any questions if you have them! Though you are free to ask me any whenever. I'll always be happy to answer!)

• buddingauthor

Woah!! This is brilliant!! Welcome to WTW!!

• almost flora kane

i love this!! what an amazing way to introduce yourself, i'm impressed. i can't wait to read more of your work. plus, your user, bio, and profile picture are all so beautiful! what lovely words that twirl at your fingertips.

• beth r.

okay, this is like... wow! the last line is just so... *chef's kiss*
    welcome to wtw! i'm beth, lmk if you need anything!

• Wisp

Talent like yours? Well, it deserves all the adoration in the world.

• waxingcrescents

This is fantastic!! Are you kidding me? Welcome to WtW; I'm so excited to see fresh faces producing beautiful things like this. Your imagery is just...wow. I'm stunned. You are so talented!

• Wisp

I see how it is ;)

• Wisp

Replying: I will tell you a little secret crystalline•galaxies. When I first came onto this site, it was hard and crushing, so so so very crushing. I watched as some of my pieces were discarded among the other very talented writers' pieces and it hurt, I won't lie. But, there have been such lovely folks here (gosh, I sound so so old) who encourage and support and just shower you in adoration. And it's lovely, being part of a community like this one. So of course you're welcome for the kind words and I'll keep my eyes peeled for you on the dashboard now.

• Wisp

"they land in whitened palms
    gently lifted to pale rose lips."
    Obviously every line here is quotable brilliance, but these two by far are some of my favorites. I really adore the way you've written this piece, the descriptions, the beauty, it's all just so lovely. And welcome to Write the World, I know Paisley Blue and sunny.v beat me to it (they're both sweethearts by the way), but it's not everyday you get to greet a newcomer! I can just tell you'll be crafting wondrous pieces very soon. Also, can I just say your username is darling.

• mindfruit

Wowww....Love this poem! Your word choice is just fantastic (and I think celerity is my new favorite word). Btw, welcome to WtW! I can tell you're gonna fit in immediately :) See ya around!

re: of course--as sunny.v said, it is wonderful to see some new talent around here! :) can't wait to read more of your work!

your diction is just heavenly. and also, welcome to wtw! i'm not quite active anymore, but i'd love to answer any questions if you have them. lovely to see your talent here :)

WOAH this is good. Awesome imagery and word choice!!! This is such a beautiful, almost ethereal poem!!

Also, welcome to WTW!! It's great to meet you! If you have any questions, drop a comment on one of my pieces. I'm happy to help with anything! hope you're having a great day!! :)