~Zoe N~

Kindness is choosing love over hate, light over darkness, and compassion over judgment.
-Anonymous

8.17.20

#BlackLivesMatter

"The most beautiful stories always begin with wreckage."
-Jack London

~she/her
~Writer/Poet
~ENFJ-T/Pisces
~Musician

Go check out the work of my WtW twin sister madeline3.14159

The Train-A disturbing dream I had

5
The night was cold and the wind blew steadily, moaning into the night. It felt like ice-cold knives were constantly piercing my skin, my fingers were frozen and numb, but I kept going. The forest was foggy, and by the light of my lantern, I could see the deep green moss the covered the forest floors were covered in millions of tiny frost particles. The trees, were twisted and gnarly like tall people, standing and looking down at me, and they creaked eerily in the wind. I didn't know what I was looking for, I only knew that I needed to be there, walking through this dark and lonely forest, all alone except for the trees and the cold wind. I seemed to walk forever, the fog was so dense that I couldn't see more than two feet before me. 

After hours of walking, I finally came out into a clearing, and in the middle of the clearing was a pair of train tracks, I suddenly became aware of a distant whistle, coming closer and closer by the second. Just in time, I stepped back as a dead black train flew past me. It soon slowed down though, and I could see that all the windows were filled with people. Their eyes were blank and cold staring straight at me, and each one was waving slowly in perfect time out of their windows at me. Soon the train disappeared though, and I walked on through the forest.

It wasn't long before I heard music, it was quiet but then louder, an eerie, melancholy sound of the piano. I followed the sound and soon came across a brightly lit mansion. I walked forward, hoping that I could find a place to stay for the night. Not that it looked inviting, it almost looked abandoned, plants growing up between the floorboards of the porch, spider-webs everywhere, but it was something and at least it looked warm. As soon as I stepped onto the porch though, all the lights went off in perfect time, and the world was plunged into darkness except for the moon. The piano music continued though, even in the suffocating dark, it continued, loud but dismal. 

I continued into the house, I followed the sound of the music but as soon as I thought I was getting closer, the music got quieter again. After what seemed forever, I found it, it was a large grand piano and silhouetted in the light of a moon was a woman. As soon as I entered the room through the door slammed behind me, loud and out of place. I turned around but there was no one there. The piano music stopped. As I turned to face the piano again, the woman was gone. Then someone laughed, loud and shrilly, and a voice said from somewhere in the room, "You shouldn't have come." 
I turned around to run for the door but everything plunged into darkness. 
Disturbing dreams I had: Part 2

Part 1: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/189252/version/382656

• October 11, 2020 - 10:32am (Now Viewing)

• aiyanna

Aw you wrote about me how pleasant haha.

• Abrianna

Goodness! That actually was quite freaky! Good writing.

• rise

This was quiet spooky! wow, I love this and mostly the diction you use to describe the frightening moments!