Anne Blackwood

16
Theatre kid
Singer (soprano)
Poet
Twin (fraternal)
Spoonie
Disfusive
Highly Sensitive Person
Living oxymoron
Kindness Krusader: Blueberry cotton candy
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

I added "usually a romantic mess" to my bio lol.

Side note: You guys don't have to feel sorry for me. It's okay. I'll get through this, one way or another.

UPDATE: I'm republishing because I figured you guys would want to know that I got a heart monitor yesterday that I'll be wearing for a month. Merp.

reasons not to love you | poetic noise (SEE MESSAGE BOARD)

25

i tell myself i should stop
it's true
but those thoughts bounce around my head
and my heart doesn't get the message

reminders of impossibility
fly around like runaway snowflakes
making it hard to see
but once they land and settle down
the warmth of my heart melts them away

i can't remember why
this is wrong
distance and commitments
become little more than static
buzzing and screaming until all i can hear
is you
I'm not as far gone as this piece suggests (poetic exaggeration), but it's still a bit of a battle.

• October 9, 2020 - 11:53am (Now Viewing)

I'm once again amazed by your strength and your ability to write such powerful pieces based on your experiences.

• JustAnotherDarling

hi love :) hope you're doing well. and wOw, this poem is dkdjdjdjdh you've put my emotions into words and now i will forever revert to this to explain how i feel about a new crush :D
    Re: I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE WITH YOUR OWN ALLITERATION!!! i love ittt :)

• Wisp

Replying: Oh that's good to hear! Even if it's not what we want, it's still reassuring to hear. All the best to you and I'll see you around.

• Doodleninja

you have some beautiful imagery in this piece! Stay strong in Christ :) <3

Reply to your message box (The update thing): Ouch that must be annoying :(

• Wisp

"but once they land and settle down
    the warmth of my heart melts them away"
    and that last line, man Anne, it's so poetically beautiful (guess that's why it's called Poetic Noise). I adore the way you've constructed this poem, quite exquisite. Also! I'm a romantic mess too! (More less so than before, but still) I wish you all the best Anne, in health and happiness. My grandpa was on a heart monitor for a month a while back and it scared us so bad, I can't imagine what you must be going through. But to keep things positive, I'll still always enjoy your writing :)
    Replying: YES! That piece was loosely based off of Jun Lei's piece (the one with the sunset pink hair). I was writing it and the whole time I couldn't get her piece out of my head. Thanks for the kind words, they really make me smile.

• Rohan’s Defender

Awww, so sad! I’m sorrryyy!
    Re: of course! It was a pleasure for me to read; I loved that you picked such an interesting subject that is relatable in every day situations.

• Just_A_Memory

Re: Do you think I should switch it back, or go with the new names?

• RemovedUser1

Replying: Hehe, I thought that.
    Well, I have this letter he wrote me that I read sometimes. I always feel better after I do. And, haha, I bet that would be terrifying, XD.
    Wow, yeah, I DEFINITELY didn’t mean to be condescending!! People used to tell me that when I dealt with leg pain a lot (and it wasn’t helpful), and I was kinda just putting it there to be funny (which I guess it’s not.) I just felt bad and didn’t know what to say, XD. Sorry!

• RemovedUser1

Is this also about that guy....? Yeah, U agree with all the commenters, this is still sad.
    Wow, that’s.... I don’t know what the right word for describing a heart monitor is, but insert that word here. I hope something good will come from it, though!!
    Replying: Hehe, that is kinda funny. That must also be hard. I’m glad I don’t have to deal with that! (The guy who I... he lives in Uganda so, I get to see him like once a year {except this year- next year} so no awkward phone calls for me!). I don’t have much advice for you... that’s a difficult situation. I guess the only thing you could do is focus more on God and less on the world.
    Oh, that stinks. Maybe you’ll grow out of it, XD.

I want you to know I am praying for you <3 also this is so beautifully bittersweet in a heartbreaking /poetic way (which i guess is why it poetry haha)

• beth r.

re: well kudos to you for having a good attitude about!
    ooo and a free phone

• beth r.

just read the message box... praying for you! always here for support if ya need >3

• Just_A_Memory

Re: I might change Kai to Kyler? and the nickname could be Ky? I honestly don't remember Felix being one, but it might have been. I honestly am such a horrible person that can't even remember their own story characters xD Jk, not a horrible person, but still.

• Just_A_Memory

Re:

1- That’s some really high praise

2- I don’t remember the Guys names *sad noises* So it’s Ian and... I don’t know. I need suggestions. Quick xD

• lochnessie

OH MY GOD ANNE HOW CAN I NOT FEEL SORRY FOR YOU THIS IS
    MY HEART

• dream02

Or, goblin throwing star. #KOTLCtings

• dream02

Books are gonna be flying lol.

• LindytheRavenclaw

re: well that's a good thing:) still, let me know who needs Les Misérables chucked at them, even it's not him:) but we're all here, Mellon! All here all the time.

• LindytheRavenclaw

Well hoping and praying for youuuuuuu and if anything happens then tell us whoever we need to throw a book at, yeah?

• Mpm#1

Romance is awkward, scary, and in some ways beautiful. It's totally okay to feel this way. We are all here for you! <3

:( hang in there, dear. Praying for you <3

• beth r.

sorry about this! beautifully written, though.
    re: OKAY. if i had to describe myself in one sentence (or two), it would be that comment that you wrote XD

• queenie

i hope you sort yourself out soon. it feels like your romantic thoughts are sort of bothering you-i totally get it tho--love can be so frustrating sometimes.