DomUnique

I'm quiet because I'm thinking about everything, and nothing.

Love Within The Silence.

2
"Do you love me?" She whispered. It was the cold kind of whisper- that hid something fragile between the syllables. I could feel her gentle breath running along the curve of my neck and down my spine. She was close. So close I could hear her heart beating steadily against her delicate frame, as if it were my own. She swayed for a moment, her gaze held intensely at my chest as she rocked back and forth on the balls of her feet. "You're not cute y'know," I teased before wrapping my arm around her waist and drawing her towards me.     ‚Äč "I know."

"Do you still love me?" She whispered whilst gazing out the kitchen window nonchalantly. I continued stirring the boiling pot of lentil soup on the stove a few feet behind her, careful not to reveal my reaction. Instead I carefully plucked out a bright red cherry that sat inside a brown paper bag atop the counter beside me. It was the perfect red, maybe even crimson, it twinkled innocently between my fingers from the sun's kiss. "Catch." I heard the ruffle of satin against the windowsill's marble surface as she pivoted elegantly to face the incoming cherry... thup. I turned. Her grin was warm and unrefined, like a child who had accomplished the smallest of feats. She opened her mouth triumphantly to reveal the cherry resting atop the delicate pink of her tongue.

"Are you sure you love me?" She whispered to the ceiling as we were falling asleep. "Go to bed." I remarked. Squeezing her tighter and closer into my embrace until I could hear her heartbeat againt me chest, as if it were my own.