anemoia (#words)

WtW's resident "the cool cousin you see once a year, but the conversation you guys were having a long time ago picks up where it left off without missing a beat" (says rosi willard)

Child of God
logophile
volleyballer

Female

Feedback always appreciated!

A Book Is a Look

4
A book is like a look.
They both end with the same three letters. 
They rhyme. How pleasing.
But, a book is also like a look
Because a book
IS a look. 
A book is a look
Into new worlds
A book is a look
Into the magic of imagination.
A book is a look
At the power of creativity.
A book is a look
At unexpected journeys and unexpected friends.
A book is a look 
At our never-ending need for stories.
A book is a look
At the insatiable, unquenchable, forever-desirable:
Beauty. Darkness. Light. Love. Hope. Fear. Joy. Tears. Truth. Lies.

Another poem I've dug up out of my slideshow of poems. This was written more recently—within a year ago, I believe. Just a fun poem. Also, the aesthetics are not available here, but for all my poems, I use specific fonts, colors, stylizing, and backgrounds to capture the emotion of the poem. Wish you could see them. :( 

Replying: Firstly, #Queenie's Halloween:

Basically, it's October, so Haloween's coming up. There is a writer on this site called Queenie Hawthorn (Who is currently on hiatus) who started this. She started the trend of 'Spookifying' your name. So, my username is SunV, and it sounds really similar to 'Zombie', so I put it in my bio that my spookified username is zombie. You can do your own too!

Secondly Harry Potter! I'm a Ravenclaw according to Pottermore and every other test online, but my second house is Gryffindor. I hate Umbridge, Greyback and Pettigrew the most in the series, closely followed by Lucius Malfoy. I have a love-hate relationship with Bellatrix. She is horrible, and she killed 2 of my 5 favourite characters, but at the same time I just can't not like her. Snape didn't redeem himself, because although what he did was brave, his intentions were selfish. My favourite characters are Remus Lupin (Who I also might have a crush on), Nymphadora Tonks, Sirius Black, Lily Potter and Ginny Weasley. Now, I can go on and on, but I shall stop.

This is really nice! Also, welcome to WtW! Feel free to ask me any questions you have!

A small tip, not related to the poem, but with the comments; if you want to reply to someone's comment, it's better if you go to one of their pieces and comment back, because then only will they get the notification. So, if you wanted to reply to Nathaniel Ghastly Williams, go to one of his pieces, start with re: or Replying: and then type down whatever you say. I remember being horrible confused when I first started WtW, (About a year ago) but others helped me out.

Also, are you a Potterhead? I'm a huge one too! I have quite a few Harry Potter oriented pieces (Some poems, some lists) on my profile page.... I would love if you could check them out! Which (Hogwarts) house are you in?

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Love that it rhymes! XD

Thank you so much! I'm psyched to be joining all these like-minded people and welcome to you too!

• Nathaniel G. Williams

This is a great poem, and yea, you're right! A book is a look into all those things. Also, welcome to WtW! I joined just like a week ago, so I'm also fairly new! I look forward to seeing you're writing on this sight!