anemoia (#words)

WtW's resident "the cool cousin you see once a year, but the conversation you guys were having a long time ago picks up where it left off without missing a beat" (says rosi willard)

Child of God
logophile
volleyballer

Female

Feedback always appreciated!

The Same Way

3
All these people.
People I’ve laughed with.
People I’ve yelled at, talked about in annoyance. Rolled my eyes about.
People I’ve talked with, and they seemed happy. Joyful, even.
People I’ve judged wrongly.

I’ll never look at them the same way again.

Their stories, captured in six words, tell me everything and nothing.
For all I know I still know nothing. 
But it’s a different kind of nothing now.

They brush it off, but this is only a scratch on the surface.
Their humor, their antics- all a facade for what they hide. Have to hide.
They get in trouble, run their mouths, and talk trash. All a disguise that’s easier to wear.

So many secrets, such pain, such loss.
A cloud over their lives of which I never felt the shadow or the rain.
Hardships befall all, but they appeared to have none. Now I know better.

Right now, I'm going through old poems that I've not shared with many people, trying to get some work out there.
Also: for all my poems, I have specific fonts, layouts, colors, and artwork that goes with the theme. So the aesthetic aspect will be lacking.
I actually wrote this in 7th grade after everyone in my class had to write six word memoir for English (which is incredibly difficult, by the way). While some students wrote memoirs without any meaning, some wrote memoirs so deep that I teared up when we went through the slideshow of writing as a class. Some people were raw and honest in theirs. Proof that writing is a valuable outlet—for anyone.

Re: Yep lol we represent.
    Um I never know how to answer that question XD. We're boy-girl, so genetically we're just regular siblings but have had all the same life experiences at the same times. People often associate you as "one of the twins" which used to get to me a lot but not so much anymore. We had a pretty healthy relationship for years but he was SO annoying on purpose, in middle school we hated each other (but also the world so yay for consistency). Now we probably have the best relationship. We think of the same things a lot (see the life experience thing) and we're kinda in sync, but we're also super opposites as far as personalities. But as for temperaments, we're similar but flipped; I'm Melancholic-Sanguine and he's Sanguine-Melancholy (or the opposite I can never get the orders of the combos straight). He has an account, by any other name, but he only has a couple of things posted.
    Oh cool! So we're pretty close to each other.
    Haha if I were out there more I guess that could make my childhood story-like. And yeah they better not. Replanting is one thing, but just building over all of them is sad.

Anne Blackwood
    Re: Thanks! Lol. Yeah in the class I took where we read about them, we made fun of the names a lot. Sad/somber, phlegm, blood, and cholera. I'll see if I can make another one, but I have less experience with other combos. However, my family of four represents all of the types, so I could just observe how two people with specific types interact.
    Oh oops. I have a horrible memory lol. I can never remember who said what and when. I'm not tooo far from Sac, but the bay area doesn't seem very northern to me. Idk hehe. You probably wouldn't consider my area to be much NorCal, but it is. Haha no not that kind of orchard. It's just a ton of walnut trees that go into more orchards to the right (one of which is kinda old and rotted). I've gone out exploring a couple of times, but my parents are kinda strict and never let me go alone (except that one time I did anyway that I won't go into XD) because for some reason they think there'll be ppl out there. And on the left is what used to be an orchard but is now a housing development they're building. In a few years, the one I grew up with (although it's a newer set of trees now) will probably be housing too. But they can't get rid of all of them. Yeah, I can't give details either, but I'm between 1-2 hours northish of Sac if that helps. That's pretty vague but could tell you something since you know NorCal.

this is amazing!

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Wow. I'm speechless.