Rohan’s Defender

15
[ChildOfGod]
BTS ARMY with a double bias <3
*joined in July 2020*

“Remember there is a person here in America, in the state of Kentucky, who understands you.”
-me (this is my own version of a quote by Jimin)

Hey everyone! This one is a bit intense, just a warning. Everybody take care and have a good night! Don’t forget to smile! :)

Part 8. with Coolgirl2020!

The Lost Letters of Panem (A Collab With Coolgirl2020); Letter 7.

15
Dear Anyone,

Why am I writing this? I’m not even sure. I might destroy it, I don’t know. Or I guess maybe someone will find it if I don’t. I’m really just doing it because I need something to do. I can’t sleep, no, of course I can’t sleep. The training scores came out a couple hours ago. I got an 8. I should be happy, but I honestly know it won’t make a difference. In fact, I’d say getting a score of 8 puts me in more danger than what I was expecting to get (like a 4). I still don’t even know how I managed to get one that high, since all I did was throw around some weights.
  I definitely can’t sleep. For some reason, tonight is the first time it seems real. I don’t know how to describe it, but before it just felt like a looming threat. Now I feel like the walls are closing in on me. I’m running out of time.
 I’ll be dead soon. That’s a crazy thought. And a terrifying one. I’ve got approximately two days. Two days until the Games start, and our deaths are broadcast across the country. Two days... just two days left.
 I don’t know what to do. I mean, obviously I can’t really do anything. But I feel like I have to do something, any small thing I can that sends a message to the Capital. Maybe I’m just being stupid. What can one tribute do against the Capital? Nothing. I’m nothing to them. Nothing but a piece in their Games. A part of their show.
 I keep trying to push away the thoughts of the upcoming horrors. It works sometimes, but one thought keeps knawing at my mind: how can I show the Capital I’m not really theirs to manipulate? I’m not sure if it even makes sense, but I want to do something to make it known I’m not going to fight for the people who brought me here. I’m not playing their Games the way they want me to. If I’m going to die, I want to find a way to show them that even though they can take my life, they can’t change me. They can’t make me into a monster. They can’t make me obey.
 My eyes are so heavy. Looking out the window, it looks like many of the citizens here are still wandering the streets far below me. It must be several hours after midnight, yet they’re out enjoying the bustle of preparations. Waiting excitedly for what is so lightly and cruelly called “the most anticipated event of the year”. It’s unbelievable, sickening actually, what people think is entertainment. If I’m doomed to die young, I at least would want to die for a cause. For something important. But now the Capital has taken even that from me. That’s why I’m determined to think of something, some small defiance...
I didn’t ask for this, I never wanted any of it. Most of us who end up in the Games are only here in some kind of nightmare that has become reality. The Capital is so desperate to hold onto their power, they strike us down and don’t even stop to think about the effects. But that will be their own downfall. Now I know this can’t go on forever. Things will change, and eventually the tides will turn. Eventually the people will decide to stand. The time will come for justice.
 But for now, I’m going to find a way. Even though they will kill me, I’ll find a way to show the Capital what happens. 

What happens when you create a spark.

-Peeta Mellark, District 12

Hey! This is Part 7. of the Lost Letters of Panem, my collab with Coolgirl2020! It’s based on the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins! Keep an eye out for Part 8 with Coolgirl! Have a great day/night!

• October 8, 2020 - 9:46am (Now Viewing)

• Cornflower Burst

And it's really funny how similar Peeta seems to Gale here. They both want to die a noble death, for some cause.

• Cornflower Burst

This is so perfect. It really reflects more of the feelings Peeta tells to Katniss on the roof, which is probably just shortly after he writes this letter. You really get his voice right. One little thing, though. I believe it is Capitol, not Capital. All in all, superb! I'm so glad I discovered this series!

• Bhavya's Treasure

Oh my... Death broadcast. It's terrifying!
    You've captured Peeta's thoughts and personality so intricately. The depth of that defiance in Peeta, that spirit to show the Capitol that victors are more than just a piece in their grisly game, satire on the people of Panem, their stupid notion of entertainment. It's all so well done!

I'm proud of my little sister! <3

PS: I think you meant 'gnawing' instead of 'knawing'.

• V-Rose

Whoa! This is so good and impactful and so PEETA!

• books4life

Ahhhhhhhhh!! AMAZING

• RemovedUser1

Replying: Thanks!
    Haha, yes! That toy thing... I legit had like, anxiety XD. And I finally figured out it was Toy Story 3 when they are about to be LIT ON FIRE, and then like, how do I know the next owner would take good care of the toys, XD?? But I’m basically over it now (but I still get nervous when the little kids throw away their toys or give them away XD).
    And, awwwwwwww!! Those are such great adjectives!! Thank you so much! I’m glad you think that about me!
    And yes, I love my middle name! So many people don’t like their middle name for some reason. My mom and my grandma also have the same middle name, which I think is special:).
    It’s March 29 :). My birthday is actually 2 years and 2 days before Sam’s. When’s your birthday?

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: That's fine! I totally understand what with school, and everything, so take your time! <3

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

;)

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: Thank you! Glad you like it

Re: Aww thank you!!

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: well that's lucky! I got Augustus Waters once, but that was LAST month lol I have to switch it up every so often XD And I got Luna Lovegood as my best friend so that was pretty niceee

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: well I would be celebrating but I have to catch up on math sooooooo
    and lol what are you trying to bake? XD Maybe I'll make some too

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: hahaha yeah I'm good:) whatchu been up to? How's Peeta?

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: I'm pretty good! I've finally decided what I want my aura to be, and I'm not going to let anyone get in-between it so thats good.
    YOU HAD TO BRING UP MY BOYFRIEND HOW DARE YOU I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS *sobs into her math homework*

• (sk)eyesofocher

Hey Eden! How're you doing? haven't heard from anyone much. you doing alright?

• RemovedUser1

Replying: Yeah, this one was a lot better. I had never heard Pence (or Harris) speak before, and I thought it was really good. Thanks for commenting!

• beth r.

re: thanks! he ate a churro in a movie once, so i guess so lol

• beth r.

YES this is great!
    re: thanks for your comments! and yes, the crush thing happened *face palms*

• books4life

chapter 4 of zeus' eagle is out!! :) have a fabulous day! (hope you aren't too bothered by all this notifications!)

Chapter 16 of Traitors and Rebels is out!! So excited for you to read this one ;)

• LaurenBeeWrites

This is so good! I love the hunger games. Thanks for checking out my page. You asked for a book recommendation. My second favorite series is Shatter Me. It defiantly is different than Hunger Games, but the romance is really good in the series overall (all three books). Without spoiling it...its just really amazing. Also... I love Peeta so much!!!!

• Kit-Kat Sully {Child of God}

Great! :) <3

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Replying: That would be perfect! I was actually going to have Rue write a letter during the games after the Cornucopia, but I'll pick another tribute instead. <3 Can't wait to read it!

• queenie

AAAAAFGH

I LOVE YOUR WRITING SO MUCH OMG

• books4life

LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Also, SpookyC, Tomb of Jade, Kit-Kat Sully, and Boo! Kitten are the only ones I need to notify, right?

• RemovedUser1

OHMEHGOSH!!! This is amazing! You’re right, it is intense. But it’s so good!! I love the thing about the Capitol and showing them what-for, XD. I LOVE ITTTTTT!!
    (Also, sorry I couldn’t comment yesterday. I needed to watch the debate, XD)

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Here's the link to the next one!

• Livsnjutare

This is great!!!

• happygiggles

replying- Why thank youuuu ((:

Also, I've never read the Hunger Games, but this is pretty awesome! I love it!

WOW WOW WOW!!! SOO GOOD! I absolutely LOVE reading this series!!

Re: Thanks! Lol I'm getting used to being a romantic mess haha.

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Wow! Love it! Will start working on mine pronto! ;)