queenie

~

;)

the types of people in a group project - (concept inspired by beth r.)

12
The Organizer - this student is known as a teacher's pet, in some cases. But the name is self explanatory. This student knows their classmates inside and out and knows their respective strengths and weaknesses. They assign usually assign the smaller tasks to their groupmates and reserve the larger, more daunting tasks for themselves.

The Slacker - the groupmate that has no clue as to what the project is, and asks the teacher the most basic of questions that were answered at the beginning of the class period, and just basically spends a lot of time on their phone scrolling through Instagram and whatnot.

The Perfectionist - this student is nice enough..except when things don't go their way. They will get stressed at the most miniscule of things, such as the font of the slides being wrong, the pictures not being organized well enough, etc. They are a force to be reckoned with. It's best not to get in their way. 

The Chatterbox - this person talks a lot, obviously, albeit not about the project a hand, but rather whatever pops into their head. They are usually pretty nice, but their voice can get to be pretty annoying after awhile. 

The Quiet Kid - now this person isn't quiet under all circumstances, but when thrust into a situation in which they are forced to talk to people, they clam up. Usually, they will participate if their opinion is asked to be given, and do the work they've been tasked. 

"That" Kid - the one that everyone knows sniffed Sharpies in kindergarten. 

The Memeologist - the one person who scours the internet for memes about whatever subject we're learning about in class, (for example: dank Hamilton memes). That person, unfortunately, is me. 

okay, weird/ugly/mismatched fonts (i'm lookin' at you, arial!) and non-aesthetic presentations really annoy me, so i'm definitely more the perfectionist than the organizer... but i also talk wayyy too much.
    i guess nobody ever fits into one category. kinda like how everyone would be divergent in this world.

hahaha this is amazing, just found this. i'm the organizer and the perfectionist, sorry to anyone who's been in a project w/me. i'm trying to be better. generally, i am not a fan of group projects, even though they can be fun w/friends. or they can turn into nightmares when all your friends are talented and opinionated and headstrong...
    anyway, great piece, isa

• em wilder

haha, this is so true and lovely the way you wrote it. I am the organizer and the quiet kid. <3

• (sk)eyesofocher

Well imma go sniff a sharpie and look at some more Hamiltion memes
    (GODS THAT SOUNDS SO WRONG) but I can also be the quiet one lol and a perfectionist soooo

• beth r.

yes ! so funny and relatable! the sharpie sniffing tho XD
    i'm honored that my trash somehow inspired you- thank you so much!

• JustAnotherDarling

Re: BAHAHAHA ME EITHER - but thank you :D

• JustAnotherDarling

Re: girl -
    DO NOT APOLOGIZE FOR WRITING!! I admire you for being able to write so well and so frequently <3 (you're my icon - serious.)

• bookmagic

Great Piece! I think of myself as a mix of the perfectionist, quiet one, and organizer. I usually have to do "group projects" on my own though.

• Cosmogyral

Bow to the Perfectionist, you modern-day project plebians, lmao

• JustAnotherDarling

hello, hello! JustAnotherDarling, your resident chatterbox, is AT YOUR SERVICE! :D
    Re: call me weird, but I think writing is best done selfishly :)

• Coolgirl2020 (LOVE YA ALL)

Lol, I'm DEFINITELY the organizer! XD
    Replying: Thanks! Your writing is amazing, too, and I'm SO glad you're only sort of on hiatus! XD

• madeline3.14159

Sadly, I'm the Organizer, but that's only because other people don't want to do it!! I would be the Quiet Kid...