Writing4Life

#BLM
Welcome to my profile!
Call me Star ^u^
14
Girl
Christian ✞
Homeschooled
ENFP-T
Actor
Writer/Poet (duh)
Equestrian (sorta)
Singer
Pianist
Warrior Cats 4 Life ♡
Bondi Rescue <3
Beach Lover ^^
Want a review? Just ask!

I just went to the beach today, (learning how to surf, whoo!) and that inspired this piece. It was a bit of a cloudy day, but even with the tall waves and grey water, it was still so beautiful.

A Sea of Blackness

PROMPT: Cli-Fi

4
I sit on the beach, my feet burrowing into the greasy sand. The long stretch of sand, once yellow and clean, is now covered in a thick, black layer of grime. The ocean is no longer a cool blue, but a dark, filthy shade of grey. I stand up, brushing off the sand, yet the black oil stays on my clothes, sinking into the cloth. I walk to the water's edge and dip my feet in the liquid. The oil swirls around my feet, and I watch a small fish slowly swimming through the darkness. Its scales glint dully in the sun's light, and its tail seems too tired to move itself anymore. Perhaps it wishes it had never been born. Most of us wish that now. I wistfully stare at the ocean, wishing I could have seen it with bright blue waves swirling towards shore, gently washing over the sand, cleansing all that lay beneath. I wish I could have seen it once, just once. My fingers trail through the slimy fluid, and I watch as the water follows my fingers. Crows circle above me, cawing loudly. I look up at them, tiny and black against the greying sun. They stare down at me, a small, insignificant dot surrounded by a sea of blackness that we created.

1

Also, your stuff is just so creative and genius... I would love a review from you!

Aahahaah! This is just so... ahahahahahawesome!!!

• Bhavya's Treasure

'Perhaps it wishes it had never been born. Most of us wish that now' This shows the real terror!
    The title is beyond perfect; this sea of blackness is nauseating and I really wish no person on Earth would see, feel or experience it ever!
    Through your piece I strongly felt that the call for climate change is indispensable!