AJ - Izzy

How to write all of me in less than 10 seconds?

Hmm, let me think... how about DREAMER?

Yup. That works.

Well, another story about love and all that. Or is it care? Just figuring things out, would appreciate a review or any feedback you have!!

Shooting Stars

5
    The darkness of the disappearing blaze glowered under the light of the moon, serenely singing the fantasies of us. I pushed through the thick underbrush, a stupid grin on my face at the sound of his distinct laugh, linking with the sound of crunching twigs and dizzying excitement. My mind wandered deep into its own depths, the dreams growing deeper with each footstep; this girl couldn't wait. 
    "C'mon, slowpoke", I giggled, pulling him faster through the bush.
    He grinned, "I can't walk fast and admire you at the same time". 
    I pushed him, laughing. There was nothing else I could say; the right words never seemed to express the warmth he gave me every single day. That stupid smile, the one that hadn't left my face in a long time, was alive. No regrets.   
    We stumbled into a small clearing. The old, musty and abandoned cabin stood majestically in the woods, leaning high into the treetops. On the right of the wall, hidden into the smoky brown color seeping from the wood, was a metal ladder leading up into the sky. 
    I looked back, smiling, to find him already leading me up the path towards the rising rooftop. He held the ladder firmly to the ground as I climbed up, holding the rungs gingerly as though a tighter hold might all of this disappear.
    The blanket was laid down softy onto the metal roof, lively conversation growing between us. Laughter, bright and playful, sang into the night, along with the serenity, the whispers of dreams of hopes of a future together. 
    The stars... the stars were the finishing touch, the cherry on top of the delicious delicacy baked out of lov-- care, baked out of care. Shooting stars came by the hundreds, lighting up the night sky like never seen before. With each one, he would whisper another one of his dreams, his passions with that goofy smile on his face. I could never grow tired of it, of anything; I could never want this to end. 
    He sighed after another stroke of white painting the inky sky. Looking over, he looked into my eyes, his shimmering and speckled with the green and brown lov-- no, care, of a close friend. Of something more than a close friend. The wish of the shooting star hung in the air, waiting. 
    "Have you ever thought about the future?", he asked quietly, staring into my eyes. Suddenly, I was conscious of everything around me; the rustling of the blanket, the way my lashes brushed against my glasses whenever I blinked, his hand and how it lay gently over mine. Soft, and warm. 
    I looked up at the night sky, "Yeah, I have."
    Looking back down, I saw he was smiling. Goofy once more, but there was something else. Something like the gentle care I'd learned to adore, but warmer. Something stronger. 
    "I've been thinking a lot recently", he whispered, leaning in closer. My nerves seized up, telling me to push away. But my heart grew gentle, grew calm, as though say, it's okay. It's okay.

"And I've been thinking...", he leaned in, smile fading.
    Indescribable, is all I can say. A kiss that had no words, just like I'd never had any words. Only this was different, this rang out the words, those words that finally formed in my mind. 
    "I love you", he murmured.
    I knew. I finally knew. Those mystery words, they were crystal to clear to me. How had I not known?
    "I love you too."
    The night grew cold, all of a sudden, a chill racing through the air. The laughter resumed, along with sarcastic nods. He pulled the blanket out from under him, wrapping it tightly around my shoulders. His chest moved up and down with my heartbeat, a rhythm more in sync than all the winds of the earth, racing past us now. The quiet, still sound drifted, looping around and twirling through the air, dancing. 
    I wanted to dance. 
    "Hey, come on", I said, jumping to my feet. 
    "Where are we going?" He asked, his hand clamping into mine as I pulled him up. 
    I smirked, "Right here. Good sir, would you take this dance?"  
    His smile was everything, "Why yes my lady."
    We danced on the rooftop, under the light of the suns and the shooting stars. The moonlight was the music, the feeling of warmth and racing heartbeats our dance floor. Completely immersed. Nothing else, nothing but us that one night, loving, dancing, without a care in the whole wide world. 
Apologies, the train wreck continues. Why I am in such a sappy mood? 

• katnissromanoff

Beautiful!!!
    Re: Thank you so much! I'm so glad that those thoughts were relevant to you, they've kind of been more detailed versions of my thoughts too. Again, thank you so much!

• D.B.Quaginn

Beautiful. This is the sort of thing I hope we all find.

• AJ - Izzy

Thank youuuu to everyone! It is cute :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: awww, thank you! I’m so happy you understand! :D

Awww gosh!! This is so cute! I was smiling so much! Awwww :)

• hold on to the memories #NEWYEAR [slightly hiatus]

Aww, it managed to be beautiful and breathtaking and cute and romantic at the same time! I got such a strong sense of aesthetics and cozy imagery from this.

awwww, this left me with so many warm fuzzies!!! Such a cute story!!! :)