Dmoral

est. 2018
she/her | poeian/pathian
obsessed classics enthusiast & linguist.
humanism + romanticism = writing inspiration

ǝǝɹɟ ʎllɐʇoʇ 'dǝǝʞ ʇsnɯ noʎ lnos ɹnoʎ ʇnq / ǝǝs noʎ ʇɐɥʍ ǝɓuɐɥɔ uɐɔ ı sǝʎǝ ɹnoʎ ǝɯ puǝl

Comeback

To: The People Who Said I Couldn't Make It

It's how flowers are viewed that makes them wild,
not the place, not the name, not the family;
no, it's the observers.

And when I discovered poetry of nonconformity,
the idea of self-discovery finally struck me;
I realized what I wanted to do.

Now, whenever you break me down,
I remember my ancestors didn't go through
a struggling history for me to be treated like this.

So I just keep pushing through to prove
how far I made it and that I love doing it;
thank you, for doubting me so I could keep going.
Sorry this isn't as "epic" as some of my other poetry, but it's all I could think of for the prompt.

1

• Wisp

Uh what do you mean this isn't as "epic"? This is brilliant honestly, and it's shorter than some of your other work but it has such an impact. It's those kind of pieces that burrows under your skin and sink into your mind for you to think over and over again. Your second stanza is probably my favorite, it hits in a way I would've never thought it would, it's startling how much it sends chills down my spine. I can't quite pinpoint the emotion this evokes, because it's not simply one but many. There is so much that this piece erupts in; it's spiteful and inspirational at the same time. I've never quite thought of those two emotions being combined before, but you do it so flawlessly, so seamlessly, I'm just in awe of it.

A little gift to you:

• queenie

this is plenty epic. don't sell yourself short. I loved it.

So I'm a pretty flower and you're a wild one? Sure. (Whoops that sounds sarcastic--it's not) Cool piece!

• Cosmogyral

Yesss Queen!!! We love poetry that bites back! // No, no return policy, you've burned the receipt and trashed the credit card :)