Taizi Mae

i've been here awhile

i wanted to say something beautiful, but I don't know your name

ASK WtW (1)

5
Question: So say you have an already published post. You edit it to fix some grammar or add a little more flair to it or etc. Now, you go to re-publish it but all your stars and comments from before disappear. How do you publish an edited post while keeping all of your likes and comments that it received before?

Haha this website has no instruction guide but I think a lot of people have already found secret passages around the rules... or maybe I'm just clueless.
I'm hoping that other people who might have the same questions as me will find help in this too:)

• Rohan’s Defender

Yeah, I feel you. This was one it took me like a month to finally understand!

• Taizi Mae

Replying: I understand now! Thank you everyone for replying :)

Both the comments before me answered this question, and I am just echoing their answers, but sadly you cannot publish a piece after editing and retain the likes and comments. However, by going to manage versions, unpublishing the published version and publishing that again, you can retain your comments and likes. Even the slightest change makes the piece a completely new version, which is why it's better to double check all your spellings and grammar before you publish...

• madeline3.14159

Sadly, you can't...:( Like cosmogyral said, each time you change it even the slightest bit it becomes a new version altogether and you lose all the comments and like. You can still republish a version and keep it the same to preserve the likes by pressing 'manage versions' then 'options' then 'unpublish versions' on then options again to republish and go through the same where you can click for peer review and add a message then publish... Hope this helps

• Cosmogyral

That's a good question, but I don't think you can, you're now publishing an altered piece, and no matter how small the changed detail is, it's no longer the same.
    To republish a piece with all the likes and comments, you just have to unpublish without editing and then republish. sorry, that's all i know,