mindfruit

he/him | taiwanese-vietnamese
15
Catholic
basketballer and pianist
artist (sometimes)
community ambassador alum
Sanderson, McMann, and Messenger

est. July 7th, 2020

I found a polaroid, so that's cool. But I think I might've exposed the film because all of the pictures are just turning out black.

"You know I'm back, like I never left
Another sprint, another step
Another day, another breath
Been chasing dreams, but I never slept"
— Macklemore (from "Glorious")

Shallan Davar

PROMPT: YOU in threes

16
I realize that I don't share much about personal my life on WtW. So here's everything you've ever wanted to know about me in one, pocket-sized, kid-friendly guide! (And yes, this is very late)

1) Three quirks or idiosyncrasies
- I listen to Christmas music year-round
- I love anything fantasy but science fiction/dystopian fiction is eh (with the exception of the Hunger Games. That series is amazing)
- I dislike tomatoes and watermelon, but love raw onions and pickles

2) Three communities to which you belong (these can be unusual)
- My old middle school
- My club basketball team
- WtW

3) Three adjectives your peers would use to describe you. (According to FantasyOtter12)
- Perceptive
- Supportive
- Indefatigable

4) Three adjectives your family would use.
- Smart
- Creative 
- Responsible

5) Three adjectives you would use.
- Sarcastic/satirical
- Easy-to-get-along-with
- Happy-go-lucky

6) Three things about you that very few people know. (Wait what? But if I share this with the world, doesn't that defeat the purpose of "very few people knowing"?)
- I like reading psychoanalytic theory (like Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung). I haven't read a lot of their works yet, but the ones I have looked over are quite intriguing. 
-  My real name is Connor
- I'm an ARMY (a member of the BTS fanbase)

7) Three beliefs you hold.
Dedication/effort beats talent
- Everyone has a right to say what they believe in
- Pineapple doesn't belong on pizza (there, I said it. Feel free to attack me)

8) Three questions you have.
- Who invented the word "the", and how? Because "the" isn't really a physical thing. Was someone like Hey, you know what we really need? A more specific version of "a" that isn't as specific as "this"? 
- Who thought it'd be a good idea to put pineapple on pizza?
- Why? (very versatile, this question is)

9) Three qualities that make your life singular and/or unusual.
- I have two dogs that are....interesting. Pretty sure one of them is a reincarnated human.
- The preschool I went to was really intense (not only were we learning English, we also took Spanish and Chinese. We also had homework. And we still had a nap time).
- I have cousins in Taiwan and Japan.

10) Three flaws.
- I'm an academic perfectionist. (So if I get anything below a 94%, I get really mad) Failure is hard to accept.
- My sleep schedule is terrible.
- I'm not very organized.

12) Three favorites.
- Book Series: The Stormlight Archives or Harry Potter (I'm a Gryffinpuff, btw)
- Candy: A tie between Peanut M&M's or regular M&M's
- Place: Disneyland

13) Three pet peeves.
- When people confuse "you're" with "your", especially when texting me. Don't tell me "ur overreacting to my flawed grammar" when u're the one who is underreacting. Ask FantasyOtter12 for some stories if you're interested.
- When people use a vacuum but miss a spot.
- When people misspell my name in real life. 

14) Three instincts that serve you well.
- I have an extremely hard time lying, which isn't a great thing, but it works out long term.
- To me, personality has always been more important than political beliefs.
- My motto is "live life without regrets". In other words, if I'm going to regret not doing something later, I'm doing it (no matter how sucky it may be in the moment). For example, going on roller coasters, jumping off the tallest diving tower, and other things of the sort.

15) Three sources of comfort.
Reading (about anything, really)
- Sleeping
- Hanging out with friends
Hope y'all enjoyed! The title is a reference to a character from The Stormlight Archives. If you read the series, you'll understand it ;)

SO.... Gryffinpuff eh? I'm a Ravendor.

And your and you're!!! It's so irritating! I can't even bear it if my friends don't capitalise their sentences.

And Pineapples DO NOT belong on Pizza. Fight me (Not you, because I know you agree).

So.... I wanted to thank you. For everything:

• A. Penderwick

This is fun! And though I shun anyone who listens to Christmas music before December, I also like onion(raw or cooked) and pickles.

• Rohan’s Defender

Hey! How’s your weekend going? Zion and I are watching Cars, and I thought of you! XD
    I am speed.

• wil

Hmm, I agree with you about pineapple on pizza. Kind of weird. Pizza should be salty not sweet.
    nice to meet you though, I'm WilliamtheConqueror

wow, that last comment is just a frightening glimpse of my thought process. if you can call it a process.

YES the you're/your thing! Like if you're going to use abbreviations, whatever. But if you're not, then use the words correctly! (me double-checking to make sure my "you're" is the right one) also, HP all the way! I already love your dogs. I bet you have lots of interesting stories about them... also, this preschool sounds hardcore but really cool. Also, how do people misspell Connor? Like there's not that many ways to spell it.
    also, the vacuum thing was kinda funny but so true!

• katnissromanoff

I totally relate to a lot of the things here (doesn't like a lot of sci-fi/dystopian except for Hunger Games, annoyed by people's bad texting habits, etc.)....... but I absolutely LOVE pineapple on pizza!!! I don't know how anyone can't!!! Anyway, great job :)

• books4life

This is sooo good!!!!!!!! really interesting :) i loooove harry potter too!

• BillyJoeBobTheThird

NO PINEAPPLE BELONGS ON PIZZA HOW DARE U

re: awww tysm em! thank u for the well wishes on life, too :’) <3

• (sk)eyesofocher

Ok so first off: Christmas music deserves to be sung very often. End of discussion. Micheal Buble, here I come.
    Second: eh who cares pizza is amazing with or without pineapple.
    Third: I’m sorry but Connor is one of my top ten names soooo
    Fourth: I’m pretty sure my sisters cat is from Mars. Whatever she is, she is NOT a cat.
    Ughhhhh texting grammar is the worsst! I get so annoyed. SO annoyed.
    And FantasyOtter, I have no words. No words.

• beth r.

love this cuz i swear my dog was an english countryman in his past life
    re: lol thanks!

Everyone. I came up with the word indefatigable. *Beams triumphantly*

• Livsnjutare

Yeah... who ever was like, hmmm... lets try to mix tomatoes, pineapple, and cheese and see what happens? Cause that's basically what pineapple pizza is. lol.

re: Thank you so much!!

• ~madeline~

Re: yeah no kidding... I would quit that preschool too!! I was homeschool through eighth grade so I never went to pre school... I mean... Whatever preschool teacher was like "Lets give the five year olds homework!!! That sounds like a great plan!!!" XD...
    Yeah, I would LOVE to hear Jasnah's backstory... And ive always had a sort spot for Adolin, but tbh he doesn't really have a hidden backstory that I can tell. Maybe Jasnah will be the highlight for book 4 XD That would be awesome! Also, do you have a least favorite character?

Shoot that comment is huge!!

Okay, in order:
    If Hunger Games is an exception to your just like of dystopian, then The Maze Runner absolutely would fit into that exception.
    Raw onions?? Okay lol.
    Dang F'Otter is pulling out the big words! Also somehow I kinda guessed that you were perceptive. Does that make me perceptive? Idk XD.
    The words you use to describe yourself lead me to think you may be a Phlegmatic. Correct me if I'm wrong. (And I'm totally willing to explain the four temperament types of you haven't heard of them, but googling it will probably give you a more concise answer because I talk too much.)
    I like pineapple pizza, but I kinda get why people don't.
    As for the word "the"... Imma just say that it just developed from other, older languages. Haha sorry for the nerdy answer.
    Wow, your preschool reminds me of that one in the movie Daddy Daycare! Intense.
    That's cool about your cousins. Most of mine are in Israel, lots are in Washington, and some are in Australia, so I understand have far-away family.
    Lol don't get me started about name misspellings. Let's just say Anne is an alias for a reason.
    Oh yep I suck at lying too.
    That thing about regrets is what I use to make myself take risks (because I'm a very risk-averse person).
    Anyway, I already liked you, now I like you more.

you are such a fun person, Con (nor)... okay i have to call you that from now on, thank you Rohan's Defender lol. you do put people at ease and are also so relatable (again, thanks Rohan's Defender. what is up with me why can't i be all original and stuff! XD). okay your (you're? honestly i suck at grammar so plz correct me. wait no it's "your".) question the word "the" made me crack up, but then i was like woah, what a great question! your guess is as good as mine XD. and you are going to scream at me probably, but what is the stormlight archives about and where do i read them because i always neeeddd moreee boookssss! that is all. el fin. <3<3<3

• Rohan’s Defender

*your*

• Rohan’s Defender

I’m sorry, last thing; I love you’re “I am speed “ saying in your bio! XD and I’ll go leave you alone now! Sorry about all the questions, Con (Nor?)

• Rohan’s Defender

Wow, sorry that was long! Also, I wanted to describe you in three adjectives too: relatable, you kind of put people at ease sometimes (that’s not really an adjective but you know what I mean), and really kind (I don’t think that’s an insult to a guy, XD).

• Rohan’s Defender

Aw, I love this! It’s so neat to hear more about you, Con (do you have another nickname you’d prefer..... I refer to you as that sometimes but I realized I never said that actually to you)! Also I would be Hufflepuff myself! :D And yesss Disney is awesome! I love the Mandalorian too! And I really like the last SW movie tho! Ben Solo is my favorite character... for some reason. But I also like Chewie and Yoda (and Baby Yoda ROCKS!) Sorry, got a little carried away! XD My fave Disney movie overall..... I really love Up (it’s so funny). And Zombies and Zombies 2 (they’re a little cheesy but the songs are AMAZING! I have memorized more than I’d care to admit sometimes....) And I think fish doesn’t belong on pizza! Then again, I don’t have very much excitement with that I guess, meaning my favorite kind of pizza is plain cheese! XD

• ~madeline~

I LOVED THE SA REFERENCE and that preschool you went to sounds INTENSE!!! Also, how do you feel about SA book 4 including Venli/Eshonai's backstory?? I'm slightly miffed. But it'll probably still be phenomenal